1/6 Scale Sideshow Bossk Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Agreed... SS does a nice job with the aliens and droids. Is there really a line drawn in the sand between HT and SS anymore? They're in a partnership... Or am I wrong?

As I said earlier I like this new version of Bossk. It also looks close to the Bossk that appears in Jabba's palace. That's what has me interested.

Honestly Bossk in Jabba palace is visible quite good and it's a horrible costume/placeholder. Nothing like that scene on the bridge of Executor.

Man, as awesome as it would be to have the other 5 bounty hunters to go with my Boba, I just don't think I can commit to spending the thousand or so dollars it would require. :(

I wonder if the prices were $50 less they would sell more. Expensive figures lead to heavy thinking and debating and justifying. Affordable figure you say "why the **** not""!!

I wonder if the prices were $50 less they would sell more. Expensive figures lead to heavy thinking and debating and justifying. Affordable figure you say "why the **** not""!!

These re-re figures WERE up to $50 less the first time around. V.1 EX of Bossk came with TWO heads and cost $160. Four years later, V.2 comes with one (new) head and costs $210.

It's partly what makes these re-releases a kinda questionable value, even in the context of skyrocketed 1/6 prices - they are five year old figures that come with less accessories and cost $40-50 more.

I'm sorry,kids,but I have to disagree with you all about the sculpt on this re-issue.If anything,it looks like the "Clone Wars"version of the character, and the color is way too dark and green.The V.1 is much better,and I'll stick with my modded GG sculpt on my custom,thank you. A bit of advice for you,kids;just because it's new doesn't mean it's better...PS

I'm sorry,kids,but I have to disagree with you all about the sculpt on this re-issue.If anything,it looks like the "Clone Wars"version of the character, and the color is way too dark and green.The V.1 is much better,and I'll stick with my modded GG sculpt on my custom,thank you. A bit of advice for you,kids;just because it's new doesn't mean it's better...PS

Thank you, Mr. Grown Up! What would be of us without your mature advices. LoL

Yeah, thanks "dad".

I mentioned earlier its a tad green for my tastes, but an improvement over v1. Just my opinion.

I also see no resemblance to Danny Glover. Sorry Will. :)

The first Bossk portrait is precisely why I didn't pick it up. It just looked too artistically interpreted. This new one though. Wow. I'm down. That is Bossk from ESB. Really happy they did this.

lol danny glover.....gold!:lol i actually like the newer version. maybe a lighter wash and some shine could make him better! i missed out on the 1st and never liked the sculpt. id love to see your gg head wax murderer!:wave

Last edited:
I have the original (non-exclusive) and its still one of my favorites. The suit is pretty complex and SSC did a great job. Is it perfect? No. The wire harness is too long in places and they didn't fix it. From what I can tell everything on the suit is identical to the first release. I hate the trigger hand. Hopefully they fixed that, but doubtful. I like the new paint but think its too dark. Could just be the photos though.

image.jpg
I think both releases have there plus and minus points as far as screen accuracy goes. But judging from this set picture I think the original release "shades" it in the
skin colour department.

The first Bossk portrait is precisely why I didn't pick it up. It just looked too artistically interpreted. This new one though. Wow. I'm down. That is Bossk from ESB. Really happy they did this.

Yeah, the V.1 did do revisions to the original design that were quite noticeable, but it still did look cool. I was really wanting the head straight from the movie, but that's just me. This new head has ESB screen accuracy issues too - it looks too narrow at the top, but it may just be lens distortion because it's more noticeable in some pics over others (and the boiling water trick may be all it needs to wide.) Overall it looks closer to ESB to me than V.1 - but ugh, red eyes.

The color is hard to judge - about 18 months ago, SSC started doing preview pics with dim lighting. I do think this one looks closer to screen (I was building a Bossk so have every single ref pic, even some rarer ones) than V.1's mustard/tan but as always with SSC, it's wait for in-hand pics.

They got the eyelids for the original from the CW's. Good try though. Maybe you should get those eyes checked old man. :lol

Back