1/6 Scale Sideshow Bossk Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Glad you waited? Yeah because you knew they'd make another Bossk? Lmao.
Very creative Sideshow........the first version is just fine. Of all the things....

:lol someone sounds angry... They have been re-releasing bounty hunters, it makes sense Bossk would be one of them too... BUT, I waited because I didn't want to pay as much as the person was asking. What do you care what I do anyway? If the first is fine, good for you... I never got it and I like the new one better. Of all the things...

What an improvement! The old sculpt always reminded me of Danny Glover.

image.jpg

man.. on the fence here. I really wanted to buy the new bossk when it came out... but looking at him... damn he's ugly. hahaha. and LOL @ the danny glover reference.

I dunno my ol' Bossk has kinda grown on me. Those eyes on the new one... I dunno, I just don't think I could sleep at night knowing he was standing there in my collection... watching... staring... glaring... with.. those... eyes....

Hope it helps others who missed out the first time and don't mind this one. I'll stick to the choice of the exclusive head and the original first run of the figure. I'll bet SS and HT find other ways to spend my money.....

Ell oh and then ell.

The new head's a bit too narrow at the top and I'm not sure why the eyes are red (they're supposed to be orange with gold) but this is a big improvement over the original release reg head in terms of ESB Bossk likeness. If you take a close look at the ESB screen Bossk, the skintone on this looks better too - the original was too light and yellowy.

The body proportions overall look better - the original has a lanky, gangly look that always looked odd and un-Bossk-like to me - though not sure why that would be. You'd think everything would be the same, but then again there were a few minor and unexpected changes on Fett 2.0.

What's a bummer is that they used the old/original white bib rather than the new pattern SSC created for Luke X-Wing. It is nowhere near as good as the new one and would have improved the figure a lot without much extra cost to them.

I'm not sure what everyone's so snarky about regarding this re-release - SSC went to the trouble of creating a whole new head rather than a straight re-release like IG or minor outfit tweaks like Fett. And to me at least, it's noticeable step closer to ESB Bossk as opposed to Fett V2 where the changes were pretty subtle.

Glad you waited? Yeah because you knew they'd make another Bossk? Lmao.
Very creative Sideshow........the first version is just fine. Of all the things....

Everyone knew they were going to make another Bossk months ago when the new headsculpt was shown in a background pic.

I wouldn't get too excited about a more accurate skintone yet. This is just the prototype. Let's see what comes out of the factory.

I wouldn't get too excited about a more accurate skintone yet. This is just the prototype. Let's see what comes out of the factory.

That really ought to be officially printed at the bottom of every SSC preview pic.:rotfl

I missed out on the first, so I'm glad to have a second chance. I forget why I had to cancel the first one, but if I had that one, I would not upgrade to this one.
Both figures have their strengths, but I do hope they cut back on the green. I'll have to pop in Empire. Were Bossk's eyes that red??

**actually his skin was more greenish, but no those eyes need to be fixed!

Before this new version popped up I was so close to spending $400 for the original exclusive version on ebay lol. Glad I saw my twitter feed before I clicked "buy it now", an extra head sculpt is not worth spending an extra $200. Truthfully though, I don't see a huge difference between the original head sculpt and the new upgraded one... although I'll admit I didn't do a side by side comparison... still, it's nice to know I can give my wallet a break so I can add Zuckuss to the collection as well (whenever he goes up for preorder).

Back