1/6 Scale Sideshow Bossk Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was unclear -- I meant that the expectation on characters like Luke or Han can be high and highly scrutinized, where I think most are willing to let things slide a bit more on lesser characters, thus less expectation, less disappointment and more enthusiasm. I find myself often more excited with releases like Tusken Raider and Bossk than I am with, say, the upcoming Anakin DX or even Han DX. Less pressure to be perfect maybe is the best way to say it.

Completely agree!!
With that said, I think SS has done a kick-*** job with characters like Gammy, Hammy, Greedo, Tusken Rider etc...

The aliens and side characters are some of my favorites as well. I love my Hammerhead figure. It's what got me back into collecting this line.

I think the days of same day shipping are no more... lately we seem to be lucky if it's same week.

Yeah it seems Sideshow likes to take their time shipping once they've charged you for the item.
I bet mine won't ship until the 17th or 18th and I won't get it until the 22nd or 23rd.
That's a kind estimate too.
:impatient:

I was unclear -- I meant that the expectation on characters like Luke or Han can be high and highly scrutinized, where I think most are willing to let things slide a bit more on lesser characters, thus less expectation, less disappointment and more enthusiasm. I find myself often more excited with releases like Tusken Raider and Bossk than I am with, say, the upcoming Anakin DX or even Han DX. Less pressure to be perfect maybe is the best way to say it.

I knew what you meant, I was just commenting on how cool this figure looks. I like the direction that SideShow took with both Bossk and IG-88. If either of them were screen-accurate, they wouldn't be any fun to have, other than to essentially be a statue.

I remember the first time that I saw this:

bossk.jpg

I thought he looked sooooo cool. Glad to see that SideShow is giving him the same posability and attitude that his on-screen counterpart lacked.

Perhaps there's less pressure on him to be great, like you said, but I think that Bossk may turn out to be one of SideShow's best in a long time!

Looking forward to lots of pics!

I'm pretty confident Sideshow will rock this one out; they've done outstanding work on the alien figures thus far and unless we have a really bad outfit or something along those lines he should be a winner.

I haven't gotten any updates on the Snowtrooper except to notice it was in the "coming in the next 30 days" section of the newsletter. Didn't order the cannon, so don't know about it.

I knew what you meant, I was just commenting on how cool this figure looks. I like the direction that SideShow took with both Bossk and IG-88. If either of them were screen-accurate, they wouldn't be any fun to have, other than to essentially be a statue.

I remember the first time that I saw this:

bossk.jpg

I thought he looked sooooo cool. Glad to see that SideShow is giving him the same posability and attitude that his on-screen counterpart lacked.

Perhaps there's less pressure on him to be great, like you said, but I think that Bossk may turn out to be one of SideShow's best in a long time!

Looking forward to lots of pics!

I think the Unleashed statue was the obvious inspiration for SSC's second Bossk head. I love that piece, I think it was the best of the line, because the attitude added so much to the character. Y'know, it's too bad that, since SSC didn't see fit to throw in the light-up base like they did with the previous two bounty hunters, they didn't at least knock out a base similar to the one for the Unleashed statue - that would have bee great fun to display angry Bossk on! I think the $175 price tag could have warranted a base...

I think the Unleashed statue was the obvious inspiration for SSC's second Bossk head. I love that piece, I think it was the best of the line, because the attitude added so much to the character. Y'know, it's too bad that, since SSC didn't see fit to throw in the light-up base like they did with the previous two bounty hunters, they didn't at least knock out a base similar to the one for the Unleashed statue - that would have bee great fun to display angry Bossk on! I think the $175 price tag could have warranted a base...

:exactly: :goodpost:

Back