1/6 Scale Sideshow Bossk Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I agree. I had the V1 Ex initially but the standard sculpt has more of a Dark Horse comic book look to it. The V2 is far more “screen” accurate.

The v2 sculpt is very different and much more accurate.
29ef886425d6e37ef57b46a77d04c63e.jpg

Thanks Slikkerias. You just changed my mind. You are right indeed.
Bets,
m.

Great price on this guy at PC and Zing at the moment so I ordered a V2. Really hoping it's not as dark as pictures make out but the headsculpt is so much more accurate than my V1. Unsure whether I'll sell V1 or keep. I like my V1 base even though its not in current use.

Great price on this guy at PC and Zing at the moment so I ordered a V2. Really hoping it's not as dark as pictures make out but the headsculpt is so much more accurate than my V1. Unsure whether I'll sell V1 or keep. I like my V1 base even though its not in current use.

Interested to hear your thoughts on it. I'm almost done with my custom (combo of the more accurate parts of SSC and Hasbro) Bossk but I'm still mulling a V2 Bossk just because I'd like to see it in-hand.

Aside from the dark skin the suit is also too light/faded on the V2 (and fabric seems thinner.) The V1 fabric seems a better match. EDIT: Just saw davejames' comment - yeah, would be interested to see the V1 suit on the V2 figure also.

I've spent the past 6 weeks rebuilding all the Sideshow Bossk parts to make them more accurate (I could write a Bossk manual) so I'm probably being a bit too picky though.:lol

That PC price is really decent - remarkably it's maybe US$20 more than the V.1 was originally though (US$160 vs US$180.) Shows you how much these figs went up and also the Australia mark-up.

My Boosk arrived and I quite like it.

The bad:
- the colour in the pics reflects the colour in hand. He is a little sunburned for my liking. But I can live with it
- less accessories than the original. But I knew that going in
- the hose from his back is shorter which in and of itself isn't bad, but the original looks better
- the gun strap is shorter which is a plus as the old gun strap was too long, but this is just a tad too short now
- the flight suit is a little too pale and could have used some weathering (the original also needed weathering)

The good:
- new head sculpt is so much more screen accurate, although the original does have more fine detail
- flight suit is a better fit, probably due to no fat suit

Ultimately this new version is mostly the improved head sculpt. I see why sideshow changed the skin colour. It was a little to mustard on the original and the new shade forced those who wanted the improved sculpt to buy the whole figure.

All up I'm much happier with this V2 and now my bounty hunter line feels complete. If you can find him for a good price he is worth the "upgrade".

Here are some pics side by side and head sculpt comparison (to add to the ones already in the thread :wink1:)

8yqhCFk.jpg

M3eFcfI.jpg

oc7QyzC.jpg

And the Sideshow bounty hunter line up (all V1 except Bossk. I've got the HT ESB Boba but he's for carbonite Han)

S9zxyJV.jpg

And their regular display

mlM6Eyd.jpg

PS: I wanted to try the flight suit swap but with so many parts connected to bits of the suit and my poor finger skills (see Gonk custom :horror) I didn't want to risk breaking something. I considered just trying to swap the limb extremities and head, but that fat suit would also have to go.

I also ordered this guy recently. Wow I didn't realize the head sculpt between V1 & V2 was so different !

Where did they take the V1 from ? Clone Wars or something ? Looks a bit more natural from the side, however screen accurate is screen accurate.

Thanks for the comparison shots Momaw !! Nice lineup. I decided to stick with just Boba, IG-88 and Bossk due to space.

Screen accurate of not, much prefer the look of version 1. Thanks for the side by side pics.

This is all I see when I look at the version 2 now.

tenor.jpg

Thanks for the profile and back of head shots, momaw, never having seen either of these sculpts in hand they revealed aspects I had no idea about.

As my fave alien bounty hunter I've long been tempted to pick up a Bossk, but right now I'm kind of holding out to see if the rumours of him being in The Madalorian are true, and if so, whether he has any significant differences in his look.

And if he is in it, and his role is prominent enough, whether Hot Toys might possibly make him...even though I know full well they have made precious few Star Wars alien characters so far, so the chances of that are rather thin, at best.

I'd probably be more tempted to grab a Sideshow Bossk if he had an updated look on the show (again if he's even in it), to be honest, as then even in the unlikely event that Hot Toys did make a Bossk, he'd more likely be an addition rather than a replacement.

Nice comparison. I do prefer the more sinister, snarly kind of expression of the V1, but ultimately the sculpt just doesn't look enough like ESB Bossk for my taste. And yeah looking over the complex outfit I can see what a pain it would be to switch the outfits.

Thanks for posting those comp pics, Momaw.:clap

I saw the V.2 in a LCS and he did seem kind of dark even under the bright display lights - under more normal lighting he seems even darker. Much more screen accurate sculpt though. Amazing how different even the back of the head is to V.1. Does v.2 head seem bigger or smaller than V.1 in hand? In pics it seems to vary.

My almost-completed custom Bossk uses most of the Sideshow gear (though I've extensively rebuilt the detailing like chest greeblies, belts etc) but a heavily modded Hasbro Bossk head because I didn't feel either SSC nailed the likeness, even if has a few issues too. In ref pics Bossk's head actually looks kind of different depending on how the head is positioned. Because it's a soft rubber mask it looks slightly larger or smaller, or narrower/fatter or just differently proportioned from pic to pic.

The funniest thing I discovered in researching Bossk is that on the side of his mid-chest greeblie it has small ratchet wrench (that's the long vertical handle beside the metal box) that says "King D-ck" on it - which was a British tools brand from the 1970's (best brand name in history.) It's actually an apt name for Bossk.:lol

I bought the V2 during Popcultchas 20% off sale. Once I had him in hand, I promptly sold my V1. I think V2 is superior across the board and actually looks like the character in ESB unlike V1. I think the proportions look better as well.

I never had the first version, but I snagged V. 2 of this and V. 2 of IG-88 during that Popcultcha sale. Going to look good in the massive Jabba diorama (I hope).

I bought the V2 during Popcultchas 20% off sale. Once I had him in hand, I promptly sold my V1. I think V2 is superior across the board and actually looks like the character in ESB unlike V1. I think the proportions look better as well.

I like the look of the V.2 much more overall except the colors - the jumpsuit seems very pale (and the fabric almost seems thinner / more see-through too, but maybe not) as well as the aforementioned skin color being noticeably too dark.

I would still love to see the V.1 jumpsuit on the V.2 figure, although I know that swapping is a prohibitively complex operation.

The perfect Sideshow Bossk would be V.2 with a lighter repaint and the V.1 jumpsuit.

I agree with you. I like the V2 just a tiny bit more, but the overall figure's build quality is lower than the V1. The materials definitely feel thinner and cheaper.

But it is nowhere near as bad as the V2 IG-88.

I sure do hope that Bossk and some of the other bounty hunters seen in The Empire Strikes Back gets to be in The Mandalorian series at some point. There's an IG-88 droid seen in the teaser trailer to The Mandalorian but it's sadly not IG-88 B.

I sure do hope that Bossk and some of the other bounty hunters seen in The Empire Strikes Back gets to be in The Mandalorian series at some point. There's an IG-88 droid seen in the teaser trailer to The Mandalorian but it's sadly not IG-88 B.

Solo writer Jon Kasdan said he really wanted Bossk in the movie but couldn't find a way to include him (he was supposedly one of the cloud riders.)

This is my reboot of the V.1 Sideshow Bossk (special thanks to asgardianboy parting ways with his Bossk.) This has custom head/limbs and significant rebuilds of much of the Sideshow outfit and detailing. I rebuilt the rifle with new front scope, new nozzle, new strap/clips, resculpt of the trigger area and entirely new stock. I significantly shortened and changed the way the pressure pipe joins to the back to reflect how it is on the real suit (the pipe fixture attachment into the upper vest seems to have been a 1990s Hasbro invention.) The chest wires greeblies was about 3/4s rebuilt.

I have a custom Piett (in Tarkin uniform with new rank badge) ready to be looking up at him on display with the bounty hunters.

5TCGXml.jpg

yRVazk5.jpg

KRuJsAb.jpg

UWXTH4N.jpg

CgNMGt7.jpg

3YvQCPk.png

Still need to dab out the superglue hazing below the scope brackets...

CdyqEzI.jpg

Back