1/6 Scale Sideshow Bossk Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Upon a careful inspection i did notice very subtle weathering on mine as well...
fddb56a0da228301761640ce969a3a96.jpg
79644ef606ffa44bab9345533fc779d7.jpg
53091d790621d46e9acbc23325b8c3de.jpg
2dc08f5ce9d9c04055b587e578a6970e.jpg

Yeah, I guess some got a more heavy handed application than others. It's not a huge deal since he shoulnd't have a pristine suit back from the bounty hunter space cleaners haha

Could someone who has both versions please post a side by side picture? I have the old one and feel like it falls through compared to all his new friends... It’s possible for me to get the new one if the difference is worth it, but I also considering a repaint.

Comparison in daylight. If anyone’s interested.
...it’s like v2 swallows light in photos. I was pleased with him not being as dark as I thought he was.
915068cf57a1a742ee193b28d5afba78.jpg

9e983577e5e57456bbba4e7d968df4e4.jpg

ad6cbb9fdeb98e27dc40489509b73631.jpg

085a1bd41ece046a6d11bad285eab6f7.jpg

faeb02aa8e6e61b69219480cbe8736aa.jpg

Wow... that is so stunning how different they are. had no idea the colors of skin and suit were so radically different on V1 and V2. Almost looks like two different racial groups of Trandoshans. :lol

The darker skin tone does look a bit too dark, but it covers up the joint lines better than the lighter yellow color.

Wow... that is so stunning how different they are. had no idea the colors of skin and suit were so radically different on V1 and V2. Almost looks like two different racial groups of Trandoshans. :lol

The darker skin tone does look a bit too dark, but it covers up the joint lines better than the lighter yellow color.

Yes, they’re very different. Especially the head sculpt. Take a look at my edited post: he’s actually not that dark. The head might be a little on the dark side though.
I wasn’t actually planning on upgrading him, but after I got Dengar and Zuckuss I felt like he was falling through. I couldn’t stand his mustard color and the goofy face... so yes, I upgraded. When I first unboxed him I kind of felt that maybe it was a waste of money, but after futzing a bit and seeing them side by side, I’m happy I did.
0267f7a81cf81b5d6a8dbbbe25725af8.jpg

As other people have noticed, it does seem like his left eye and brow is sticking out a bit more than the right. I was wondering if it’s a sculpting mistake, but then I noticed that it actually looks like the actual Bossk mask isn’t fully symmetrical either, like most of the costumes weren’t. It looks like the angles on the eyes are a bit different from each other. Left eye (in shadow) is sticking further out). And no, I’m pretty sure it’s not just the lighting. From this picture it could look like sideshow did this ‘mistake’ on purpose. And it does seem, when comparing with v1, that they really did try to be as screen accurate as possible. If this is really the explanation, I love how Sideshow is not trying to idealize the look.
35085d1d7963d07867c3494d35b24357.jpg

...though we might not want it 100% correct:
2fe01d57af15918795fa4c1339105aee.jpg

[emoji28]

A small tip: if you need to remove some flares to have them sit lower on the legs, why not remove the one that was actually missing in the movie:
7462d7cd561dfc2fe69cdf9853c29a8d.jpg

a7c04316205f05b6cb8d0a012e4f2217.jpg

If anyone has a V1 Bossk with snarling head and isnt wanting much for them please send me a message. (Im actually looking for version one aka scum and villany of each of the bounty hunters and greedo.)

I had to remove far more than one flare on each leg. I think three at least. I don't mind it though, i removed those on back side so no big deal.

Hi dudes!
I got this reptilian dude, and I am now gathering a knowledge base about it.
Any of you willing to summarize tips/tricks/issues/fixes/whateters regargins this bounty hunter?
I am particularly worried about the body. My unit is MISB, but anyway, these Sideshow things tend to not even stand on their own without a stand... :-(((
How tough is posing this guy?
LMK!!
Thanks!!
Regards,
m.

I have no complaints about either version of this figure - both are among my favorites - he just rocks on display.
Here's the v2:

BOSSKv2-012.jpg

I think the paint apps are really good as is the outfit. It stands fin on it's own, but I wouldn't leave ANY figure on display w/o a stand...just a personal preference.
Post some shots when you get a chance!

i love the v2 better then the v1. i had both of them at one point and when i got the v2 i sold the v1 off as i did not need two BOSSK`S in the collection.

V2 by far the best in my opinion. Might be a bit too dark in the face, but hard to say as the reference photos are quite uneven.
I have both versions and I just can’t look at the mustard face of the old one anymore.

I really like the V2. Great sculpt and not as dark as he appears in some shots I’ve seen... solid figure. It was initially gonna be just him next to Boba with the carbonite block.

...then down the Bounty Hunter rabbit hole i went :thud:

I really like the V2. Great sculpt and not as dark as he appears in some shots I’ve seen... solid figure. It was initially gonna be just him next to Boba with the carbonite block.

...then down the Bounty Hunter rabbit hole i went :thud:

Great sculpt? Isn't it exactly the same as v1?

I'm actually the opposite...V1 is the bees knees to me, the V2 always looked less detailed somehow.

I prefer v1. Don't like the red eyelids, don't like the green. On top of that, you get more hands/feet and if you go for the Excl, you get a second head for a custom (yeap, you need a v1 body, which I eventually got).

RfC
m.

Great sculpt? Isn't it exactly the same as v1?

I prefer v1. Don't like the red eyelids, don't like the green. On top of that, you get more hands/feet and if you go for the Excl, you get a second head for a custom (yeap, you need a v1 body, which I eventually got).

RfC
m.

The v2 sculpt is very different and much more accurate.
29ef886425d6e37ef57b46a77d04c63e.jpg

Back