1/6 Scale Sideshow Bossk Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
thanks dave do you remember the brand name. we are getting a michaels around us this fall. thanks for the tips. dont know if i ever heard of that color gold ochre might have to look into the color.

Just added Bossk to the bounty hunters set-up (no flash and flash)...

7GnIcJC.jpg

2MZNSEU.jpg

Your custom Boosk looks fantastic Tali. The colour is spot on and a very good ESB sculpt. If only V2 had that colour.

the bottom photo has the flash look at vaders face you can see it better then the photo at the top where vader mask blends in all black. and you can see in the back ground on the bottom photo is lite up compared to the top photo where as it`s not.

Your custom Boosk looks fantastic Tali. The colour is spot on and a very good ESB sculpt. If only V2 had that colour.

He looks great!

Looks great, but you mean flash and no flash, right? Hard to tell which is which. :dunno

Thanks guys.:duff

And yeah - I actually pasted them in reverse order to how I thought - just saw it now (top/first pic is with flash).:slap

The only bounty hunter left to work on is IG-88 - I'm removing the Sideshow IG head and shoulders and replacing them with modded hasbro IG versions, and redoing his pipes/cables. Then bounty hunters all done (other than I'm adding a modded Sideshow Dengar turban to my custom Dengar.):yess:

Bossk was a total b*tch to get looking right. I mean super difficult. I'm about 95% satisfied with it. But in person it "feels" very much like the onscreen Bossk (the eyes have a kind of creepiness,) which does have a kind of magic about it, as I've never seen a collectible at any scale over the years that captures the way Bossk looks onscreen in ESB. I did make the neck joint so he can look straight down at Piett, but kept him level for now.

Here's my V2 Bossk after yellowing him up a bit more. I also opened the mouth further to match his closeup in ESB, and weathered up the outfit and mechanical doodads a little. Really wish the outfit wasn't such a pale yellow, but don't think there's much I can really do about that.

View attachment 454660

View attachment 454661

View attachment 454662

Dave (or anyone else) how are the joints on your Bossk ? Typical Sideshow floppy limbs/hands/feet ??

Anyone found a good solution to fix this ? Over the years I've heard;

1). Blutack or glue in the joint
2). Just use a stand to keeping him standing. Although I've seen it is also the hands on mine.
3). Return the figure [emoji2]

It's such a pity they are such poor quality in this pretty simple feature.

I also got IG-88 on discount and the left leg literally falls out of its socket. I'm going to potentially replace the figure. Or send it back and just wait on the Mandalorian and hope they do an IG droid. I know the risk is that he may not be IG-88 though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

^I was asking since I was having a hell of a time removing the arms on mine, but I prevailed. Here he is with skin/scale tone lightened up a bit.

61AC9B66-A677-4B0C-AC81-ED18002829F0.jpg

^I was asking since I was having a hell of a time removing the arms on mine, but I prevailed. Here he is with skin/scale tone lightened up a bit.

View attachment 473837
Super late to the party but I would love to see more pics of this repaint, Paul. :clap

I'm in the process of getting a V.2 Sideshow Bossk to go alongside my majorly rebooted V.1 Bossk.

That one displays pretty well (below) but it only has elbow and shoulder articulation in the arms, so is limited to onscreen-type poses, not comic book/video game type poses like the V.2 will hopefully be able to achieve.
51338427439_da913403cb_o.png

Last edited:
Thanks D :duff
Found some phone shots - might have already posted these in the custom thread
5023BF35-F658-4502-9A8C-B7BF1A3EC26F.jpeg

06A8B3EF-0173-4C60-8E48-A1D71CA998EC.jpeg

I need to take some new shots along with whole BH crew one of these days.

Your Hasbro custom is top notch - lacks the articulation but truly reflects the Bossk costume/prop! I would still love to take a crack at one of those, as well as the Hasbro IG... would like to figure out a way to swap heads with the overly cylindrical SSC.

Thanks for posting that, exactly what I needed! :hi5: Love the look of what you did.

And it's funny you mention IG-88 - I'm currently doing the same Sideshow+Hasbro thing with my Sideshow IG-88... adding the Hasbro head (though with some Sideshow parts added to it,) shoulder bells and feet and generally making it more screen accurate.

The Sideshow head is a real problem, and the feet are too small (versus the Kenner look, which is who designed the IG feet) and I never liked how the Sideshow shoulders have big cuts for the articulation.

Yeah it’s been awhile since I shopped around for those Hasbro releases.. always a little pricey but I think I’ll just pick them up next chance I get.
Looking forward to seeing the modded IG!
...always a pleasure to see to your customs and creations.

Back