1:6 scale "Out-A-Time Kid" headsculpt. **now available**

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: 1:6 "Out-A-Time Kid" headsculpt

Hey Commtech- this is something I want to experiment with in the next couple of weeks. I hear it's pretty tricky to get the right tone consistently.
If anybody here has experience doing it, I'd be more than grateful to hear what methods/materials work best.

Thanks!
Trev

Someone help this man!!:lecture:lecture:lecture

Your amazing sculpts deserve to be cast in Flesh tone resin!:lecture

I don't own a flesh-tone resin cast, but are they unanimously viewed as better? Or is it a preference thing?

Hot damn, that's an amazing sculpt. The smirk he has is awesome. Great work as always Trev.

I don't own a flesh-tone resin cast, but are they unanimously viewed as better? Or is it a preference thing?

Well i don't know much about painting sculpts, but i do know from what i have heard from others on here is that when it's flesh tone, the painter does not have to paint the base flesh color, only the fine details in the skin, the hair and the eyes so it's easier to achieve a more realistic looking sculpt this way, just the other day a fellow freak was telling me that even having a sculpt cast in a brown resin makes it even easier to achieve a better skin tone..so the sculpt material plays a big part in how the paint job will turn out it seems.

They are better without a doubt

It's not that the flesh doesn't have to painted, just needs a lot less paint therefore details of the sculpt shine through plus it looks like real skin

It's not that the flesh doesn't have to painted, just needs a lot less paint therefore details of the sculpt shine through plus it looks like real skin

Please avert you attention to Umair's Avy! :D

Good to know, thanks! :hi5:

I've been fine with the resin Trevor has previously used, It's always very easy to drill neck holes unlike other resins. With trevors sculpts I don't have to worry about the dremil bouncing and ruining the sculpt.

Wow! Thank you folks. It's wonderful to see such a nice reaction to the work...especially a sculpt that took so long to get anywhere. :) I've been tinkering with this thing for the better part of a year, in my down time.

This sculpt will be available by October, and I'll begin taking down names now. (I've gone through this thread and jotted down your forum names) I'll follow up with details once he's ready.

Thank you very much folks! I hope this'll be a lot of fun for you guys.
Trev

Please count me in Trev, this is heavy duty.

I hope you sculpt Tom Waits some day too.

The initial casting run will likely be done in grey tinted resin, as I've done previously. I will be experimenting with flesh-tone resins, but after talking with some VERY helpful Freaks, it will take quite a lot of playing around to find a good mix.

It'll be fun to try and learn, though. It just may be quite some time before I'm able to offer any for sale.

Thanks again everyone! To those who want to be added to my list, I've been taking down names, so you're covered.
Trev

Deckard- I actually am working on a Tom Waits piece, but it's more of a artsy fartsy thing. :) much larger than 1:6 scale...

Trev

Back