1/6 scale Landspeeder

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey Jas,

Did the first batch of Landspeeders find their way to Pete's as planned? :pray:

Can’t wait until the pics start showing up.

Me either. However a quick look over on their Twitter account shows they're pretty busy on the Comic Con project. Which is fair enough, that's a project with a hard stop deadline.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Me either. However a quick look over on their Twitter account shows they're pretty busy on the Comic Con project. Which is fair enough, that's a project with a hard stop deadline.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cheers Hoody, you're spot on mate I'm pulling out all the stops to get the SDCC build complete to get it to Big Chief Studios for Friday. :whip :panic:

Everything is ready to go with casting the speeder, I'm on annual leave from Friday for 9 days and not on-call so am definitely going to get seriously stuck into the speeder and commissions.

I don't think I've ever been this busy....so we must be doing something right :yess:

I can't thank you guys enough for your patience, so as a way of a small thank you we're adding a little something special into the speeder's cockpit.

Thanks again chaps and trust me this will be worth the wait as there is nothing in comparison even comes close to this build quality & detail.

Jas

Last edited:
Can we still get in on this?

Amazingly even this far into the build I've been inundated with even more requests now I've joined various SW FB groups & could've easily made & sold 50, but we're sticking with the agreed limit of 30.

I'm fairly confident there will be a few drop out so this should free up a few.

Just looking down the pre-order & reserve lists and didn't realise some hard-core collectors are down for 2, once we start paint & final assembly I'll start taking deposits and locking down the orders.....You never know :wink1: :hi5:

The Big Chief Studios build for SDCC will be ready for collection tomorrow and I have 9 days off so can get stuck into all of the other builds currently on the bench.

These are: (ALL movie accurate...off course :wink1:)

Mos Eisley Dio's
Jaba's Throne room
Swing Bridge (open door)
Tantive IV corridors
Luke Core tunnel
Duel of Mustafar (already sold a number of these to our regular customers)

Plus a couple of incredible collaborations with a 3d modeller which are on the QT until the reveal. (both 1/6 & 1/12 with a possible 1/18 to follow)

Jas

A little off topic but thought I'd show the Big Chief Studios build for San Diego ComiCon that has delayed the Speeder.
I would've liked to have had more time as there's a few little adjustments I would've liked to have done, but I'm really pleased with how its turned out.

Fully working LEDs that "Flash" or constant, moveable steering, handle bars and missiles.

In the J-cave after midnight last night doing the last few bits n bobs.

For the first time ever I did the paint job (don't laugh) unfortunately I couldn't get it over to Pete in time for the deadline...... please be kind as I am no painter :slap

Will crack on with the other builds now chaps.

Jas

Attachments

• Cycle 021.jpg
    Cycle 021.jpg
    98 KB · Views: 154
  • Cycle 020.jpg
    Cycle 020.jpg
    72 KB · Views: 154
  • Cycle 019.jpg
    Cycle 019.jpg
    99.3 KB · Views: 155
  • Cycle 018.jpg
    Cycle 018.jpg
    72.2 KB · Views: 155
  • Cycle 017.jpg
    Cycle 017.jpg
    94 KB · Views: 153
  • Cycle 016.jpg
    Cycle 016.jpg
    92.1 KB · Views: 153
Hey Jas,

I can't get the attachments to open?

Also, would you mind posting pics of the custom builds? Jabba's Throne Room, Tantive IV, Luke core tunnel (?) would be great!

Thanks.

Hey Jas,

I can't get the attachments to open?

Also, would you mind posting pics of the custom builds? Jabba's Throne Room, Tantive IV, Luke core tunnel (?) would be great!

Thanks.

Hi K

The images should be visible now...sorry not sure what I did there.

Once I get the others built and ready to ship I'll post plenty of images.

I almost forgot about the other commissions: Bespin Gantry, Falcon seating area which I've been asked to create many times.
We will be making upto 5 of these bigger builds from now on and make them extremely limited and ridiculously high end and spare no expense as with all of our builds they will be 100% movie accurate and real 1/6th scale.

I'm not going to let on too much about a couple of other builds just yet, for obvious reasons.

Duel of Mustafar early concept model also amazingly a number of these are already spoken for.

I plan on creating a fully lit lava splash effect base, there's still a few area to add to that model, I guess I should start a new thread as I don't want this one getting too off topic.

Mustafar.jpg

Great work on the Rocket Cycle Jas! Looks great. Can't wait to see the Big Chief Flash figure displayed on that!

Thanks for the info Jas - and great job on the Rocket Cycle! (although I expected nothing less :))

Was asking about those other dio's because I thought I'd missed some (not realizing they hadn't been made yet). Looking forward to seeing what the Jabba's Throne Room will look like!

Thanks for the info Jas - and great job on the Rocket Cycle! (although I expected nothing less :))

Was asking about those other dio's because I thought I'd missed some (not realizing they hadn't been made yet). Looking forward to seeing what the Jabba's Throne Room will look like!

Yeah, I'm curious about what that throne room is also - like the big arch and side steps designed to go with the old or new Sideshow Jabba thrones? I can't imagine it's much beyond that because you'd pretty quickly be at 4' width and 3' depth. I was just about to start thinking about how I'd do all of that so it'd be good timing.

I’d jay keeps knocking out great finished builds like that I’ll have to change my name to PetethePint as I’ll be drowning my sorrows down the pub whilst looking for a new job lol

But seriously Jay, you did a fantastic job on both the build and piant work, it’s a work of art mate and a piece that I would love to have on display

Pete

Been really busy over the last week.
Finally completed a load of commission builds and got them over to Pete on Sunday....good to see you again buddy.

I've also made the first real roto-cast for the speeder which has turned out great.
Hollow, super light and virtually indestructible, I've also done a drop test clip and posted it on Twitter

Image 129.jpg

Image 130.jpg

Image 131.jpg

I've also run a quick fibre-optic test setup on the dash, so before I cast the main body I wanted to make sure there were no modifications needed.

This is on the prototype cockpit and just need to figure out the best place for power jack and swap out the new details.
I've decided to make the cockpits and seating individually by hand as the results aren't of a high enough quality when casting to make it into the final build. (I much prefer building this way anyway tbh :wink1:)

Image 132.jpg

Jas

Holy cow - fibre optics as well????!!!!!!

Must have missed that detail before. You and Pete are definitely going to spoil us with this jaw-dropping release!

Holy cow - fibre optics as well????!!!!!!

Must have missed that detail before. You and Pete are definitely going to spoil us with this jaw-dropping release!

This little addition was on the QT just needed to ensure I could pull it off before I committed.

With such an iconic build as this and as there is nothing that even comes close to this standard available (anywhere), this build will be as close to the movie as I can make it also I won't be making another run once this one is complete so I'm adding as much detail in there now. (this is mainly because of the planned 1/6th 1966 Bat mobile build which has already hit our build limit in just 24hours)

Some parts are already with Pete for test painting and most of the mould are complete so progress is occurring behind the scenes.

Jas

Back