1/6 scale Landspeeder

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Another great weekend on the Speeder, mainly getting everything prepped or casting the rubber moulds.

Dare I say it?????? I also started setting out the new dash :lol

Thruster moulds are done :yess:

Image 99.jpg

Image 100.jpg

Image 101.jpg

Image 102.jpg

The main body took a little longer than expected but I'm all ready for casting which I need to crack on with this week and planning on having the first Speeder ready for Pete by the end of April :hi5:

Image 103.jpg

Image 104.jpg

Image 105.jpg

:offtopic:I would've finished this yesterday but went to see Captain Marvel before for the "End Game" also GoT is back on tonight :yess::hi5:

Jas

Looking great. I've done a couple of 2 piece moulds before. Not easy.

PS. All reasonable excuses. If you'd gone to see "Sharknado 6" I might have had something to say......[emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I really do love that pink custard Jay Lol

The body mould must be a beast of a size mate, how much silicone is getting mixed to fill that sucker ?

I think you should fit a CD player and SatNav in the Dash and I’ve never been a fan of the body colour and so will be painting them all periwinkle blue 😜

Pete

I really do love that pink custard Jay Lol

The body mould must be a beast of a size mate, how much silicone is getting mixed to fill that sucker ?

I think you should fit a CD player and SatNav in the Dash and I’ve never been a fan of the body colour and so will be painting them all periwinkle blue

Pete

I'm hoping around 10kg of Silicone should do it, this is the first time I've used this kind of clay...and it is fantastic stuff.

It is a beast of a size mate (especially when scaled correctly anyways) :rotfl :lol

Nearly there :yess:

Jas

Looking great. I've done a couple of 2 piece moulds before. Not easy.

PS. All reasonable excuses. If you'd gone to see "Sharknado 6" I might have had something to say......[emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The main body was a bit of a head scratcher, but think I've cracked it.

Sharknado is something you just can't un-see! :slap

Yeah working on moulds certainly does make you think in opposites. It's also an expensive mistake if you don't think of everything !

Very true, smaller casts are ok if I balls up as they are fairly inexpensive, but the main body will use up over £200 worth of TRV Rubber.
The huge plus side of a good mould is I can produce perfect replicas every time and up 10 casts per day so in theory should only take a few days to create all of the bodies :yess:

I broke the golden rule last night :horror and ventured next door into the J-Cave after work :whip

Finished the thruster moulds and the first half of the body will be cast tonight, the second half tomorrow or Thursday then some mods on my rotational caster and hopefully Speeder No1 will be cast over the weekend or early next week.

Me & Pete are just planning another meet up possibly on the 28th April so I can hand over the a Speeder for test painting and quite a few other builds (which are a secret at the moment as I don't want these designs or ideas stolen :tap :nono)

More updates in the morning

Jas

So close now that it feels like every minute is taking forever... :impatient:

Only joking - very exciting times.:clap

More progress chaps:

Top half of the main body mould, cast and setting nicely used 10kg of rubber on just the top half of this bad boy:horror

Image 106.jpg

Top & undamaged thrusters moulds all done and really pleased with the result and ready for slush casting:

Image 107.jpg

When all the casting is finished you will have some awesome Jelly moulds! Landspeeder Jelly anyone? :)

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

For those who don't follow progress on Twitter here is the latest:
First half of the mould has come out great and used up almost 10kg of rubber :horror I can now order some more for the bottom half now the Bank Holiday is over.

Image 108.jpg

Image 109.jpg

Not had chance to unpack and setup my new resin 3d printer yet but can't wait to fire it up and start creating, I have so many jobs for it and will increase my workflow considerably:

A few samples of what it can produce (not my images)

Anycubic Sample 03.jpg

Print 04.jpg

Print 03.jpg

Jas

Back