1:6 scale Gonk kit

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
First two will be with Pete today and managed to get another 4 together over the weekend between other stuff.
Anyone got any decent reference images to help Pete out with the paint job?

First two will be with Pete today and managed to get another 4 together over the weekend between other stuff.
Anyone got any decent reference images to help Pete out with the paint job?

These were used as ref for the sculpt, so ignore the various WIP sculpt pics.

And are these going to be available unpainted? The Hoth style that goes with the "donut" requires a bit of modding on the body (at minimum adding the cable around the waist, though there's also a plug that goes over the "face") so unless those mods can be done by you guys it would be great to have it available unpainted, rather than gluing stuff onto a nice finished paiunt job.

E5Dhz5g.jpg

ZhpVBVS.png

Qe65zzu.png

9bs5OvM.jpg

WAmrdDq.png

Great point Tali.

Personally I only want the ANH version and it's colouring; don't want the pumpkin, don't want the ESB colouring.

Does this mean there will be two colour options then?

First two are with Pete, and another 4 should be ready this weekend.
I think Pete is jumping on this thread to talk about all things paint related

Any way of knowing where we are on the list for this and has a ball park price been determined?

I think price will be decided after the first one or two are painted.
That's what I think anyway.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

I think price will be decided after the first one or two are painted.
That's what I think anyway.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Correct, still determining prices.

Rough interest list is as follows, orders will be filled once paid in full. Message if others would like to be added:
Kozin
Talibane
DR37
SonOfDengar
Chakaman
generalgrievous
TurdFurgosonsHat
momaw
j14
kewny14
mandible
rgswff
peterB
DarthIMpoor

Correct, still determining prices.

Rough interest list is as follows, orders will be filled once paid in full. Message if others would like to be added:
Kozin
Talibane
DR37
SonOfDengar
Chakaman
generalgrievous
TurdFurgosonsHat
momaw
j14
kewny14
mandible
rgswff
peterB
DarthIMpoor

I'm down for X2 (one w/pumpkin-donut)

And will these be available unpainted? As I mentioned, for the Hoth/pumpkin-donut version I wanted to add a few things to (waist wires at least) so wouldn't want to do that with a finished/painted piece.

I'm down for X2 (one w/pumpkin-donut)

And will these be available unpainted? As I mentioned, for the Hoth/pumpkin-donut version I wanted to add a few things to (waist wires at least) so wouldn't want to do that with a finished/painted piece.

Ditto... I am also down for 2 + 1 donut.

hi guys,

I'm ready to start painting the 2 droids that I have in hand but want to get some feedback on what look you are wanting for them, is it the kind of blue grey colour with some weathering a bit like the Hot toys version or more of the Rusty look that can be seen in some of the pictures ? I've had a Google for references but the images from grabs are a little fuzzy and also I've come across a few different looks of the finish and not really sure if there is a definitive version ? let me know what you are thinking and we will be able to work it out and then I can start getting the paints together that I need for the run of them, I can start the feet and I'm thinking of a weathered metallic for them but for the corrugated legs in some pics it looks metallic like a kind of silver but I've seen a Dusty weathered very dark grey in some other pics so not sure what you guys are thinking so let me know and I'll get cracking on them

Pete

Hey Pete,

Rusty look for me please - screen accurate to Ep 4.

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back