1:6 scale Gonk kit

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
This thing is off the planet Rusty!!!!

Yeah it's the first pretty much 100% screen-accurate gonk/power droid that's ever been produced.:yess: And you put pics of Rusty's sculpt next to the HT power droid and Rusty's just blows the HT figure away in terms of accuracy.:clap I mean how often does that happen?

FYI Rusty, I did reach out to The_Darkness_Predator on here to see if he could help out because I seem to recall that he's the member that has a hi-res 3D printer (he was printing some of Ace-Rimmer/Mati's 3D sculpts out for members.)

Hey guys, I saw the message. Awesome project.

Yes, Ace has my high res printer. I know he is still incredibly busy. Although that is an option, I would recommend something else first. An artist can upload their creations to Shapeways.com. The artist usually gets periodic discounts like 15% off. That routine will also give you an idea on pricing.

Again, great work.

Calling him done!
Screen Shot 2019-11-01 at 1.12.18 PM.jpg
Screen Shot 2019-11-01 at 1.12.32 PM.jpg
Screen Shot 2019-11-01 at 1.12.24 PM.jpg
Screen Shot 2019-11-01 at 1.12.18 PM.jpg

Very very nice, J... love the crumpled air duct legs :clap
Makes it look like a little-guy-in-a-robot-suit!

Just gorgeous. It really puts the HT gonk to shame. And it's the only screen accurate sandcrawler gonk ever produced - at any scale!:clap And yeah the crumpled ducts is such a nice touch.

I'm down for one obviously, but I'll take two if that Hoth "donut antenna" thing is produced now or later.

I made Rusty's final pics a bit larger (right-click to open):

jSUHY1Y.png

Donut update!
Any good reference would be appreciated!
Screen Shot 2019-11-06 at 12.48.23 PM.jpg

Welp, I guess that new donut accessory means I need two gonks.:gah::lol

The donut antenna is looking good (the shape of the upper portion looks great,) but it looks like the donut itself needs to be a bit wider and not quite as tall. You can see that the donut slightly overhangs the sides of the gonk's body.

rKxgivC.png

l3O09aZ.png

Here are some close-ups of what Hasbro made in terms of the antenna portion. They took some short cuts - the silver rectangle actually has slots cut through it, and what they show as the four "rivets" on the outer circles are actually supposed to be fairly large holes (you can clearly see they are holes in the pics above, in all three circles/discs).

It also looks like the more prominent "faucet handles" details centering the two upper discs that Hasbro shows as being on the back side (the lower pic below) looks like they actually should be on the front side where the lower gold disc shows. The two ref pics above clearly show the more prominent faucet handles as being on the front.

VwVfFwP.png

I'm going through both making of ESB shows to see if I can get a better close-up of the Hoth base gonk's donut assembly.

More donut updates- adjusted size/shape of donut. Adding detail to ears
Screen Shot 2019-11-08 at 12.56.42 PM.jpg
Screen Shot 2019-11-08 at 12.56.34 PM.jpg

Scratchbuilder is doing the prints/prototyping, turning out great so far!
Looking for a final list of interested parties for initial run size count
Thanks!
Screen Shot 2019-11-11 at 9.23.55 AM.jpg

Scratchbuilder is doing the prints/prototyping, turning out great so far!
Looking for a final list of interested parties for initial run size count
Thanks!
View attachment 470592
Does that mean that for those of us in Europe that they could be shipped from Scratchbuilder directly? This means we wouldn't be hit with import fees which we would have to pay if they were shipped from the USA.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Definitely up for one of these kits rusty! I’ve PM’d you to put my name down, thanks. As j14 said, I would be interested to hear if shipment would come direct too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back