*1/6 Scale Collectors* Does Your Significant Other Like Your Hobby?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Does Your Significant Other Like Your Hobby?

• Yes!

Votes: 9 24.3%
  • Hell No!

Votes: 9 24.3%
  • She/he doesn't like it or dislike it, she is just kinda meh about it...

Votes: 19 51.4%

• Total voters
with me it pretty much depends on the mood my wife is in, sometimes she's a bit meh, other times she's pretty cool about it.

with me it pretty much depends on the mood my wife is in, sometimes she's a bit meh, other times she's pretty cool about it.

Similar with mine. Some stuff she is really excited about (custom House M.D. figure I'm working on, Blondie, Angel and Spike), some stuff she is meh. Overall she is quite supportive, and enjoys helping me on my customs, but isn't quite as passionate as I am.

My gf is with me in spite of my hobby :lol. She does think some of my customs are cool, but doesn't like talking about my figures EVER. So I guess #2 is for me. It also doesn't help when she goes near them I scream "DON'T TOUCH!"

It makes me happy so she's cool with it.... still a far cry from voting "YES!" though.
I'm in a similar situation. She likes some of my stuff, but on the whole, could live without it. She keeps telling me, though, "it beats the hell out of other habits you could be into," such as drugs or whores I guess.

My wife hates my new hobby. She is incredibly puzzled and a little bit concerned that it makes me so happy. The only reason she lets it go is that she does see the happiness I get out of those things. Her number one complaint is that they take up so much room. Number two complaint is that they cost so much (especially recently). And I certainly get my share of eye rolls and, "ANOTHER ONE?!?" when one arrives at our doorstep. And it's her friends that tell her, "he could me into much worse things, you know..."

But she is ultimately supportive, how ever reluctantly. In fact, she got me one of the first ones (Indy--I'm sure she regrets it now), a few during the holidays and most recently, Iron Man Mark II.

My gf has threatened to break one of my collectibles if I ever do anything she deeply disapproves of.

For a while the thought of it kept me up at night. Not sure if she was bluffing, and I don't want to ask. But generally, she's okay with my hobby but not at all enthused.

Yup, they are go-tos for presents, I got the Hulk one year as a birthday present, got Cap as an anniversary gift, etc. She makes me wait to unwrap them, always wants to see them displayed and the pictures I take. She even helps me with display ideas in my office. She was the one who pushed me to get both Iron Man (Exclusive and Regulars), both Hulks and even pushed me to get Doom when it was selling for a good price on these boards.

If she liked them anymore she'd be collecting them herself. :lol

My gf has threatened to break one of my collectibles if I ever do anything she deeply disapproves of.

For a while the thought of it kept me up at night. Not sure if she was bluffing, and I don't want to ask. But generally, she's okay with my hobby but not at all enthused.

Been there. One time my gf told me she was super close to throwing my Hot Toys Joker out the window! It was after a little squibble though...and she didn't. She also jokes about doing bad things to my figures or PS3...I know she won't tho, cause she luffs me.

I had an ex about a year ago or so, every time i went into Toys2 she would wait outside in the shopping center, then see me come out with a bag and roll her eyes.I should have dumped her right then and there(first signs of beeyach) lol..there was some criticism about my collecting habits from her but, really like one or two HT figures a month was not breaking the bank for me, i am just glad that skank is not in my life anymore, i was getting sick of the almost three years of sunday nights with her parents watching American Idol(spoon my eyes out plz) and keeping my mouth shut while being forced to watch the movie RENT and the tv series The Hills.

my ex was pretty cool with my hobby. she even gave her opinions on what she thought was cool (example: iron man mark1---she has good taste!) and what wasn't :D

in fact she kinda caught the bug and started collecting some re-ment stuff. which is like dollhouse stuff (food, clothes, furniture, etc) in 1/6th or 1/7th scale. very detailed sculpts and paint apps. the only scary part was she wanted to host a dinner party with the rement stuff, attended by tdk batman, t-800, predator1 and boba fett. :horror

Everything was fine until we moved to a smaller place... now I had to put things in to storage - and it's hard to get anything new!

She gets a kick out of it.

She made me pull out the HT Tumbler and show it to her friends this weekend, ha!

my ex was pretty cool with my hobby. she even gave her opinions on what she thought was cool (example: iron man mark1---she has good taste!) and what wasn't :D

in fact she kinda caught the bug and started collecting some re-ment stuff. which is like dollhouse stuff (food, clothes, furniture, etc) in 1/6th or 1/7th scale. very detailed sculpts and paint apps. the only scary part was she wanted to host a dinner party with the rement stuff, attended by tdk batman, t-800, predator1 and boba fett. :horror

My gf collects re-ment too.......thank god she haven't organised a tea party with my 1/6 figures.

My gf collects re-ment too.......thank god she haven't organised a tea party with my 1/6 figures.

i am not ashamed to admit, i love re-ment. i wouldn't collect any of it, but i always get a kick just looking at the food like pizzas, pastas, burgers, etc in miniature. makes me hungry! :D

i am not ashamed to admit, i love re-ment. i wouldn't collect any of it, but i always get a kick just looking at the food like pizzas, pastas, burgers, etc in miniature. makes me hungry! :D

lolz...most of the re-ment stuff are pretty cool actually and you could always borrow them as set pieces for your 1/6 stuff.

Back