1/6 Redman Toys Coppola's Dracula

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
For those who did not read the entirety of my posts, I don't begrudge any collector from buying these. If I didn't already have the Rainman figs I'd probably get them, and I may pick up anyway just to compare. Recasting and copying is a reality in this hobby. However, the fact that Rainman did not have a license does not make it open season. This was a micro sized run--essentially a passion project--not someone producing 1,000 figures and making $100,000-$200,000 The infringement is on the time, effort, and artisanship that went into crafting these. Of course Redman is not going to get a C&D as would be the case if they were knocking off Hot Toys or Sideshow, so for them this is low-risk, low-hanging fruit. That's not to say they might not get a C&D from Zoetrope, Columbia, or whoever currently owns the copyright, but it's probably not worth the hassle of chasing them down. Again, hopefully Redman will take some of the profits to put towards making original figures to complement the line.

Because Rainman asked everyone who follows him on Facebook to not support recasters and Redman specifically.

Well then I vote to support the artist. I sculpt and its my biggest fear. All that work.....and someone with investment money steals it and runs off...

Sent from the inside of a giant slug in outer space.....

Re: 1/6 Redman Toys Bram Stoker's Dracula

Normally I would delete this thread as not only is this a bootleg, but it is also ripping off and recasting an artist I respect. However the discussion should be had.

Perhaps a legitimate company has been trying to secure the license and would be trying to bring these characters to market in 1/6. That is not a cheap proposal and having these figures out there may just prevent licensed figures from ever getting made. Would you still support this recaster then?

And look at everything Redman has done - 95% of their releases are recasts of respected custom artists. Do we really want to support such activity?
Unfortunately these are my only option to having them on my shelf. So it is what it is. Had a company like Sideshow. Hot Toys. Threezero. Enterbay. Blitzway. Asmus (etc etc etc.) put these out they would have got my money. But it has to be Redman since they are the only ones coming to the table and not asking a mortgage payment.

And if any of those companies are watching I'm still in need of a David from Lost boys. So before Redman Toys recasts the Iminime custom maybe some company wants to jump on that license. [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Speaking of wanted licenses, the suggestion here is that we not support Redman in hopes that another company actually picks up this license? Highly doubtful. I'm done waiting. Or look at a Company like Pop Culture Shock, teasing 1:6 figures from the Thing and An American Werewolf in London and then just cancelling them and no other company has bothered picking them up? If some how Redman got ahold of those protos and made figures I'd scoop them up as well. I don't care if they are licensed or not. Its better to have something than nothing at all. IMO.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Last edited:
No regrets i ordered both. The Movie has been out for ages plenty of time other 1/6 company's could have tried releasing him official long ago.

Unfortunately these are my only option to having them on my shelf. So it is what it is. Had a company like Sideshow. Hot Toys. Threezero. Enterbay. Blitzway. Asmus (etc etc etc.) put these out they would have got my money. But it has to be Redman since they are the only ones coming to the table and not asking a mortgage payment.

And if any of those companies are watching I'm still in need of a David from Lost boys. So before Redman Toys recasts the Iminime custom maybe some company wants to jump on that license. [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Speaking of wanted licenses, the suggestion here is that we not support Redman in hopes that another company actually picks up this license? Highly doubtful. I'm done waiting. Or look at a Company like Pop Culture Shock, teasing 1:6 figures from the Thing and An American Werewolf in London and then just cancelling them and no other company has bothered picking them up? If some how Redman got ahold of those protos and made figures I'd scoop them up as well. I don't care if they are licensed or not. Its better to have something than nothing at all. IMO.

That argument always irritates me. By that rationale, we shouldn't support anyone that makes figures without having the official license--whether it be Rainman or Redman--just in case a "real" company MIGHT have an interest at some point in the distant future. Well, **** that. I want the figures I want and, at this point, don't care who makes them. If a company sees the demand for figures and doesn't get the license then that's their decision. If a company has a license but doesn't make figures from that license, then I have zero sympathy for them when unlicensed figures pop up.

I had this discussion with Dave at SDCC about the Firefly license. We've waited years for another character after Mal, and if QMX isn't going to make more Firefly figures then I'll gladly go the custom/unlicensed route.

That argument always irritates me. By that rationale, we shouldn't support anyone that makes figures without having the official license--whether it be Rainman or Redman--just in case a "real" company MIGHT have an interest at some point in the distant future. Well, **** that. I want the figures I want and, at this point, don't care who makes them. If a company sees the demand for figures and doesn't get the license then that's their decision. If a company has a license but doesn't make figures from that license, then I have zero sympathy for them when unlicensed figures pop up.

I had this discussion with Dave at SDCC about the Firefly license. We've waited years for another character after Mal, and if QMX isn't going to make more Firefly figures then I'll gladly go the custom/unlicensed route.
Exactly. It's pretty silly imo. "But but guys...just keep waiting! It *might* get picked up by an official company"

UM...NOPE. I'll get these. And hell, if a company comes along and does official ones and they turn out, I'll gladly upgrade.

I have no brand/artist loyalty. Sorry, not sorry.

Exactly. It's pretty silly imo. "But but guys...just keep waiting! It *might* get picked up by an official company"

UM...NOPE. I'll get these. And hell, if a company comes along and does official ones and they turn out, I'll gladly upgrade.

I have no brand/artist loyalty. Sorry, not sorry.

Well said!

I don't think anyone's making that argument.

The argument is Rainman made these, and Redman copied him.

We all grew up learning that you shouldn't copy someone else's homework. You should do it on your own.

Same principle.

I don't think anyone's making that argument.

The argument is Rainman made these, and Redman copied him.

We all grew up learning that you shouldn't copy someone else's homework. You should do it on your own.

Same principle.
Did you read Dave's post?

Either way it doesn't matter. Redman Toys are putting out a product that many collectors obviously want in their collections. That's the reality of it. Had Rainman made more or had another company actually made official ones, theyd be the ones making the money. Unfortunately that's not the case. Redman Toys came to the table. With copies no less, but still came to the table with something.

I was a teen when this film was released. Even then Oldman as an actor was a favorite of mine. I loved this film. The camera work, cinematography and the way they played on old camera effects. It's funny, because I only recently got into collecting and one of the figures I thought of was "wondering if they ever made a Coppola Dracula figure or sculpture". First thing that came up was Rainman figure (Later found horizons model kit and mcfarlane toys set) and I was in awe. It was exactly what i was looking for, but I was late to this game and unfortunately it was also out of my budget from the beginning.

I'm coming from an import car scene and this hobby is not so much different as that hobby or any other for that matter. We have the purists, loyalists, etc. Also, people who just demand and appreciate the best. In the car scene alot of it has to do with parts and who manufactured it. Real japanese wheels, forged or cast. Wheels that are $500 ea or more. Not everyone can afford these things, so knockoffs are made. Most are never done well. Flaky paint, soft metal due to bending and cracking with little stress, while others tend to get better and in time almost become just as good as originals. I would love to have gotten a Rainman figure. They appear to be very well done. You can see a lot of work was put into it and i appreciate the detail. However, I cannot afford that. The collectors that do buy them are the only ones that will have them and why not? its what they want and will pay for it. If these knockoffs are good enough then i can justify this price point and the market they are reaching. People who wish they could have these figures from their favorite characters who do not care of they are from their original creator. We all wish we could afford the real deal, but for now these Redman figures will do and i think will look great for the average collector or enthusiast. With that said, I have Dracula pre ordered now :)

I was a teen when this film was released. Even then Oldman as an actor was a favorite of mine. I loved this film. The camera work, cinematography and the way they played on old camera effects. It's funny, because I only recently got into collecting and one of the figures I thought of was "wondering if they ever made a Coppola Dracula figure or sculpture". First thing that came up was Rainman figure (Later found horizons model kit and mcfarlane toys set) and I was in awe. It was exactly what i was looking for, but I was late to this game and unfortunately it was also out of my budget from the beginning.

I'm coming from an import car scene and this hobby is not so much different as that hobby or any other for that matter. We have the purists, loyalists, etc. Also, people who just demand and appreciate the best. In the car scene alot of it has to do with parts and who manufactured it. Real japanese wheels, forged or cast. Wheels that are $500 ea or more. Not everyone can afford these things, so knockoffs are made. Most are never done well. Flaky paint, soft metal due to bending and cracking with little stress, while others tend to get better and in time almost become just as good as originals. I would love to have gotten a Rainman figure. They appear to be very well done. You can see a lot of work was put into it and i appreciate the detail. However, I cannot afford that. The collectors that do buy them are the only ones that will have them and why not? its what they want and will pay for it. If these knockoffs are good enough then i can justify this price point and the market they are reaching. People who wish they could have these figures from their favorite characters who do not care of they are from their original creator. We all wish we could afford the real deal, but for now these Redman figures will do and i think will look great for the average collector or enthusiast. With that said, I have Dracula pre ordered now :)
As you should. If you love the film and actor and want them in your collection why not? Redman Toys is making it possible! And you dont have to drop 4 Gs to do so! Enjoy em!

Um WoW 4g for both gtfo of here!:horror:lol He made 50 of them thats some major custom's money crazy! I was thinking a grand at most for set ,who knows only one's who bought know cost ?Price's like that make me laugh and never could appreciate at that price point. Might as well collect & restore old cars quit this hobby sorry ha ha. They brainwashed me enough into spending couple hundred just on 1 figure.Always interesting to find out how much collectors will pay for this hobby. Crazy!

Last edited:
Back