1/6 Redman Toys Coppola's Dracula

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have a crazy theory what if Rainman sold his copys to redman after his company broke up ??? I dont know but Just a thought 1st it was both Bill the butchers released then this one to make up the funds who ever was losing from not releasing custom's. I know or heard bill the butcher from Rainman was like a 1200 dollar pricetag. I can only imagine this set going for same amount or higher Unsure exact cost. I get recasts are looked down on but i buy for my collection to enjoy favorite actors and Gary Oldman is def a favorite chameleon actor that keeps reinventing himself in Amazing roles from Batman's Gordon to 5th element to my favorite pimp Drexl in True romance. Anyway just a thought he made a ton on customs why not resell old work. I kinda wish i bought the Keaniu Constantine figure or Jackmans Vanhelseng now to display with Dracula.

So SSF does not allow unlicensed figures discussion anymore... but here we have a 1/6 licensed and orginal RedMan´s Dracula... a must have for any serious collector... guys what is the fun to buy recast trash? and this is rainman´s figure in the promo photo...

I like the movie and actor very simple so do many others. A lot of dont care to spend a grand to feel superior its about collecting what u love or like nothing more. Not trying to or care to impress anyone that's the difference between casual collector and a custom collector. Its a fun hobby for us movie fans.

Last edited:
The issue is not denying casual collectors access to favorite characters. It's that these are blatant recasts of high end customs. If Redman wants to produce the same characters in the same costumes and offer those to customers, that's perfectly fine. But they should hire their own sculptors and tailors and do their own take. Licensed or not, this is pretty lazy. I bought the original figures because FFC's Bram Stoker's Dracula is one of my favorite movies, and unfortunately no one was offering these until Rainman came along. I would have been thrilled to pay $200 per figure, but that wasn't an option nor would it likely have ever been.
That said, this is just a reality of the hobby and the risk one takes when paying premium dollars for a custom figure that might be knocked off down the road. Personally I don't buy collectibles with the intent or reselling, so I don't worry about resale value. Sure it sucks if something you own might lose value, but it happens. I don't know how the Redman figures will ultimately stack up side by side against Rainman's once in hand. I will be curious to see, but it's not something I'll lose any sleep over. On the positive side, maybe Redman will use some of the proceeds to produce some original companion pieces like Lucy or Dracula's brides.

I Ty agree redman should share more on info if was released to redman or just cloned off his release without permission. If they redman can do the release's without copying ty should offer it own version. I also dont remember when started this hobby to not buy what i want or like because its a copy of a custom. I feel like i buy a knock off its starts turmoil or war between 2 collectors who enjoy the same thing story character or movie. Just because customs made it 1st doesnt give the artist exclusive copywriting to such character. If collectors buy a k.o it shouldnt be a war everytime this happen's and feel its pretty imature to trash it. I ty respect people having a original 1 off custom that leads to general release's that shows a fanbase wants it made for us regular collectors.Anyway customs knock off rant over. Peace all.

So SSF does not allow unlicensed figures discussion anymore... but here we have a 1/6 licensed and orginal RedMan´s Dracula... a must have for any serious collector... guys what is the fun to buy recast trash? and this is rainman´s figure in the promo photo...

You my friend are no longer on SSF but CF.

I Ty agree redman should share more on info if was released to redman or just cloned off his release without permission. If they redman can do the release's without copying ty should offer it own version. I also dont remember when started this hobby to not buy what i want or like because its a copy of a custom. I feel like i buy a knock off its starts turmoil or war between 2 collectors who enjoy the same thing story character or movie. Just because customs made it 1st doesnt give the artist exclusive copywriting to such character. If collectors buy a k.o it shouldnt be a war everytime this happen's and feel its pretty imature to trash it. I ty respect people having a original 1 off custom that leads to general release's that shows a fanbase wants it made for us regular collectors.Anyway customs knock off rant over. Peace all.
Agree

No one is saying Redman can't make their own version of Coppola's Dracula, the problem here is that they haven't. They taken Rainman's version and simply duplicated it.

Look at Xensation and VTS' version of the Stallone's Judge Dredd. Same character, same reference material, but two different results, the figures look different because of different interpretations of the source material, style/techniques of the production. One is not a copy of the other's work.

I think more people would appreciate Redman if they did offer their own take on the character, but they're not. EVERYTHING they've done has either been a copy of iminime or Rainman (sans one Clint Eastwood release).

I was collecting mainly high price low quantity figures back when I first started collecting on here, I think all up I owned around 10 figures ranging from $1000 to $500 each. I eventually realized I had wasted my money, I dont care whose name is related to it what the quality is or how little were produced. Figures just aren't worth that much and im buying this figure simply because I cannot make my own and the only other option is trying to track down one thats overpriced. So im happy redman recast and copy figures so I can get them at a reasonable price. Quality is fine on the figures ive purchased from them aswell. Just voicing my opinion everyone dont get offended like everyone else does these days.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

No one is saying Redman can't make their own version of Coppola's Dracula, the problem here is that they haven't. They taken Rainman's version and simply duplicated it.

Look at Xensation and VTS' version of the Stallone's Judge Dredd. Same character, same reference material, but two different results, the figures look different because of different interpretations of the source material, style/techniques of the production. One is not a copy of the other's work.

I think more people would appreciate Redman if they did offer their own take on the character, but they're not. EVERYTHING they've done has either been a copy of iminime or Rainman (sans one Clint Eastwood release).

I got the VTS Dredd on PO seems like I've been waiting for that fig for ages.

While I'm not condoning recasting it's not like Rainman had a license to sell his expensive figures either so he was committing another form of theft, so when you do that you open yourself up to companies being able to copy your work and you can't do anything about it legally. If I had known about the Rainman versions in time to order I'm sure I would have since I love the film, I will not pay even higher after market prices for them so the Redman copies of them will have to do plain and simple and at a fraction of the price.

While I'm not condoning recasting it's not like Rainman had a license to sell his expensive figures either so he was committing another form of theft, so when you do that you open yourself up to companies being able to copy your work and you can't do anything about it legally. If I had known about the Rainman versions in time to order I'm sure I would have since I love the film, I will not pay even higher after market prices for them so the Redman copies of them will have to do plain and simple and at a fraction of the price.

Very well said. I do not think Rainman paid something to Sony,Coppola or Oldman, so nothing to whining about....

Thank you. Finally, someone with half a brain in this thread.

Boy they are getting attention! Bram Stoker Dracula page even shared them! [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23] Screenshot_20180819-182003_Facebook.jpegScreenshot_20180819-181932_Facebook.jpeg

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

guys who bought this figure prefer to buy "mike" shoes badidas shirts and loves to collect mc donalds happy meal toys

guys who bought this figure prefer to buy "mike" shoes badidas shirts and loves to collect mc donalds happy meal toys
The ones getting bent outta shape over this release are the ones I'd be more concerned with. There are more important things in life to get upset about. [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Back