1/6 or 12" Batman figures?????

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The 13" DC Direct Batman isn't the best certainly, but the outfit (if you have the spandex one, not the movie one) will fit a 12" body quite well. Here is one that I made using the DC Direct suit and HS, used a paint wash to darken the suit, made a new cape and guantlets and belt. The body I used was the Wrestling TNA Sting.

The 13" DC Direct Batman isn't the best certainly, but the outfit (if you have the spandex one, not the movie one) will fit a 12" body quite well. Here is one that I made using the DC Direct suit and HS, used a paint wash to darken the suit, made a new cape and guantlets and belt. The body I used was the Wrestling TNA Sting.

Between you and Eric those are the best two Batman figures I've seen; and I have the Hot Toys TDK version to boot. But I'm definitely going to look into your method, see if I can accomplish it. Might have to put off the Riddler custom I've got planned for that. Maybe; lol.

Also, where'd you get the base body? What did you use for the boots?

Last edited:
I'm thinkin im gonna try and make a 1/6 Ventriloquist. How hard do you think it would be to make a puppet?

That's one of the main reasons why I want a 12" Batman. Ventriloquist is one of my favorite villains. I was thinking of either sculpting a Scarface or using customized smaller-scale figs for him.

If you beat me to it, please share your progress

That's one of the main reasons why I want a 12" Batman. Ventriloquist is one of my favorite villains. I was thinking of either sculpting a Scarface or using customized smaller-scale figs for him.

If you beat me to it, please share your progress

I was thinkin about sculpting Scarface...and i was gonna try to give it some articulation. Especially in the jaw

Freaking amazing Batman there! I'm so jealous. I'm going to have to try and replicate yours now :lol

I had to make my own custom after seeing some of the customs shown here. Here's my rendition of a beefed up Dark Knight:

DarkKnightClose.jpg

DarkKnight.jpg

DKClose.jpg

DKCloseProfile.jpg

DKVeryClose.jpg

Very nice! Yeah I started hammering out my own thanks to a few ideas from others.

Started this one with spare Tak Bats parts, the old-school Devgru-style HT muscular body, and the Triad Jumpsuit. Plan on painting his eyes white for a more "comic" look, and black-washing his suit like whatshisname did on that awesome custom posted before.

Thanks for the great ideas brothers. Here's hoping he turns out alright...

Hi, just remember when doing the wash, you might get area's where the paint pool's up in the material, keep some tissue handy to blot it up. You can also dry-brush any area that appears too dark (ab's, chest, etc) with a grey mixture (your choice of lightness).This will help bring out any muscle details under the suit.
Feel free to ask me questions if you need help. (and maybe test on an area on the back of the figure,under the cape, to get the feel for it)

Hi, just remember when doing the wash, you might get area's where the paint pool's up in the material, keep some tissue handy to blot it up. You can also dry-brush any area that appears too dark (ab's, chest, etc) with a grey mixture (your choice of lightness).This will help bring out any muscle details under the suit.
Feel free to ask me questions if you need help. (and maybe test on an area on the back of the figure,under the cape, to get the feel for it)

Thanks man. Hopefully I won't botch it. Keep you updated :whip

I had to make my own custom after seeing some of the customs shown here. Here's my rendition of a beefed up Dark Knight:

DarkKnightClose.jpg

Looks great! Which base body did you use?

I used the Predator "Dutch" body with some muscle legs. The Dutch body is perfect for it because the arms have more articulation than the standard muscle body. I slipped the Dark Knight version Batman boots on him, since the Batman Begins boots wouldn't fit over the muscular calves.

@sandman1: How exactly do you paintwash? Is it like dying the material lightly or just slightly brushing the areas you want darken(muscle tone)? What kind & brand do you buy for this? Thanks.

You could pick up a Triad Toys Lola, send the head off to be repainted like the Jokers makeup from Dark Knight, and put her back on the school girl outfit to make a realistic Arkham Asylum-esque Harley. I've wanted to do that for a while now.

triad_lola_2.jpg
Harleyquinnnew.jpg

How hard can poison ivy be though, get a Cy girls head with long red hair on ebay, put it on a Triad female body, then goto Franks or whatever arts and crafts store you have and get some fake vine or scaled model foliage and glue it onto her body over strategic parts. Use the Alex Ross Ivy as referance for what I mean.

Ross-Poison_Ivy-figure.jpg

Great Idea! :joy

BTW: Anybody interested in a Medicom Batman Begins inner suit and body armor w/ gaunlets and 1 pair of open hands? I bought it loose. I needed extra just in case I mess up on my WIP before; don't have any use for them now. The inner suit has scrapes/ripped in the areas were the armor was glued on before. That's the only way to take out the body, I guess.

BTW: Anybody interested in a Medicom Batman Begins inner suit and body armor w/ gaunlets and 1 pair of open hands? I bought it loose. I needed extra just in case I mess up on my WIP before; don't have any use for them now. The inner suit has scrapes/ripped in the areas were the armor was glued on before. That's the only way to take out the body, I guess.

Hi i am interested.. i am in singapore. hw much r you willing to sell

@sandman1: How exactly do you paintwash? Is it like dying the material lightly or just slightly brushing the areas you want darken(muscle tone)? What kind & brand do you buy for this? Thanks.

Hi,
Yes, it's just like dying the material, and exactly like you ask, lightly brushing the area's you want to darken. It can have a tendancy to pool, so make sure you have some tissue to blot up any pools,and some water handy to thin out any paint that might build up too much). The use of drybrushing afterwards can help alot too, but test your paint on other materials before you start on the costume(it might save you a lot of grief):banghead. I use a lot of different brands of acyrlic paint, but the most common is the Cidital brand, what they use for warhammer, etc. and thinned with water.
Let me know if this helps

Back