1/6 or 12" Batman figures?????

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RJMacReady16

Super Freak
Reaction score
I'm sick of this 13" DC Direct Batman...and I'm actually wanting to customize some 12" Batman characters from the comics (HT Secret Service as Poison Ivy, anyone???). SOOOO.....

Are there any 12" Batman figures or easy custom jobs floating around out there that I'm unaware of? I'm talking about non-movie-related, of course.....

Any help would be mucho appreciated.....

I know there are Barbie females (Batgirl, Poison Ivy, Harley Quinn), but their outfits might fit too tightly on more articulated 1/6 scale female bodies. I'm not sure of any 12 inch figures worth a damn, though so many Batman and Superman figures have been released, that there are bound to be one or two Batmen of some quality or other.

You could pick up a Triad Toys Lola, send the head off to be repainted like the Jokers makeup from Dark Knight, and put her back on the school girl outfit to make a realistic Arkham Asylum-esque Harley. I've wanted to do that for a while now.

triad_lola_2.jpg
Harleyquinnnew.jpg

How hard can poison ivy be though, get a Cy girls head with long red hair on ebay, put it on a Triad female body, then goto Franks or whatever arts and crafts store you have and get some fake vine or scaled model foliage and glue it onto her body over strategic parts. Use the Alex Ross Ivy as referance for what I mean.

Ross-Poison_Ivy-figure.jpg

Last edited:
I'm working on a 1/6 Bats as well, using a ruined takara bats as a base, I've replaced the ruined suit with a grey spandex, kept the boots head cowl and cape, replaced the "bracers" with the Dark knight version... he still looks really skinny, however :/

I'm working on a 1/6 Bats as well, using a ruined takara bats as a base, I've replaced the ruined suit with a grey spandex, kept the boots head cowl and cape, replaced the "bracers" with the Dark knight version... he still looks really skinny, however :/

How did you ruin the Takara Batman? You could always put padding on the body to make him look more muscular.

The new Batman videogame has been a huge inspiration for me. I've actually got a few customs started and a few ideas on the backburner. I'll share pics soon.:naughty

How did you ruin the Takara Batman? You could always put padding on the body to make him look more muscular.

bought it ruined for 80$.

The previous owner got a tear in the armpit, and tried to fix it with a glue, the prooblem was, the glue Ate away at the suit, destroying it.

I Have padded the body, i Put medicom muscle pads from a 301 Kai massive on him, it kinda worked, but i may swap him to a triad toys body once they release the new ones.

@lerath: the batman i had on my other post w/ robin/nightwing in it is an amalgamation of a HT,medicom,takara bats plus some custom parts. i cut the medicom B.Begins chest armor and glued it into a leather suit. it made him bulkier. i used stuff toy stuffing to round up the shoulders, chest and back a bit. for me he looks ok already and way more articulated than HT or medicom. i'm still deciding on whether to go all the way in cutting and sticking the whole body armor to the suit. it might be a one shot deal and i'm afraid i might ruin the leather suit or restrict the articulation further.
@galactiboy: marvel legends was huge and dc direct and dc mattel ain't bad either. i don't understand what's holding HT in jumping in at the success of this line. i'm getting tired of germans, pmc's and navy seals.
@die: i'd love to see those pics and any other batman customs out there.

i think it's the same $80. takara batman i also wanted to buy a few months ago. you beat me to it. how's the tear? is it just on the stress areas or do you think it may spread all over eventually? the HT Spirit Octupus body has a wider (superhero like) chest; no need for implants.

Yeah I actually have lots of ideas for 1/6 custom villains and such...just no point if I can't find a suitable Bats. Greydeath make any more of those by chance? Looks pretty good.

i think it's the same $80. takara batman i also wanted to buy a few months ago. you beat me to it. how's the tear? is it just on the stress areas or do you think it may spread all over eventually? the HT Spirit Octupus body has a wider (superhero like) chest; no need for implants.
likely NOT the same one, i bought him off these boards about a year ago. the tear was BAD, i removed the suit completely

DSC00757.jpg

Yeah I think I'm gonna go with one of those gray jumpsuits from Triad, and maybe just the gauntlets, sculpt and boots from the Tak Bats.

Black undies may be tricky to find, though...

Back