1/6 Map Room Project

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Okay, here's some more progress. This is the building where Belloq thought the Ark was and some neighboring buildings.

attachment.php

Check it out and let me know what you think.

Up next will be the buildings on either side of the Well of Souls then the platform with holes where the Staff of Ra goes. That will probably do it. I've got the pyramid, statues, and obelisks all set.

The Well of Souls building is being casted now. I'll send the rest off, too, once done, if anybody's interested.

Up next will be the buildings on either side of the Well of Souls then the platform with holes where the Staff of Ra goes. That will probably do it. I've got the pyramid, statues, and obelisks all set.

The Well of Souls building is being casted now. I'll send the rest off, too, once done, if anybody's interested.

These look great! Loving this project!

Definitely interested ...

Any thoughts on prices?

I'm not sure about prices yet. Maybe around $50/$60 per building section. The Staff holder would be much less. The whole thing being around $200 or less, hopefully. Does that sound reasonable?

I'm not sure about prices yet. Maybe around $50/$60 per building section. The Staff holder would be much less. The whole thing being around $200 or less, hopefully. Does that sound reasonable?

Nope. Doesn't sound unreasonable to me.

(I'm assuming that's without any kind of painting, right?)

Looking forward to seeing the whole set-up! Just can't stress how cool this project is! So glad you're doing it!

That is looking great so far.

Could you take a pic of it with a 1/6th figure for scale?

Also, I don't mean to be the odd man out, but $200 seems quite a bit of coin to me.

yeah, seems a bit high. if you can manage to cast it in bigger chucks, maybe you can charge a bit less? I know this takes a lot of work though.

Cool, thanks. I'll know more about the price once its all done. Hard to guess now.

I'll take pictures with a 12 inch figure sometimes this weekend.

Here's a picture of Henry with the back portion of the Map Room to show the scale of everything. Indy is hanging out at my office. Its the Medicom Henry head on a Sideshow Pro body in case you were wondering.

attachment.php

Thanks, I really appreciate it! That means a lot. All of your dioramas are amazing. I wish I was as talented. I did some of the pieces, but a wood carver friend of mine did all the cool stuff. I redid the pyramids to look better. Here's a new picture.

attachment.php

Thanks for all the comments.

Its made up of balsa wood throughout. Hopefully, I can get it cast in resin which should look pretty good.

For reference pics, I got a bunch of screen grabs from the film.

Cast in resin???!!! AWESOME!!! Glad to hear you might offer some casts to us fellow Freaks who were interested. I am IN!!! :rock

Looks AMAZING IP...Great work! :clap

Got my first copy from the caster. Looks pretty good. Here's a picture of what I got so far.

attachment.php

Only missing the building that is behind the statues and the buildings to the right of the Well of Souls and some buildings in front. Those should be done soon. Here's a work in progress picture of the building that goes behind the statues hanging out with a pylon that goes in front of the WOS.

attachment.php

Back