1/6 Mal for Nathan Fillion Project

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh thanks for that. Any idea how he anchored them to the legs? They work very well. You'd never guess hey weren't fabric of some sort.

Still trying to figure out the best way to do it and keep the heights somewhat accurate.

Has anyone ever contributed custom braces for this Mal?

I worked up this pair last week and have thoughts on how to refine the back in particular (smaller ring, better cut of leather piece, better angle to centre):

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

I could make one up in 2-3 days if this project needs some.

[The head is not finished so I just set it on there for the photos.]

Hey Starpuffs, that Mal is looking great! I really dig it.

The Nathan Fillion Mal project is wrapping up, but I'm open to some last minute addition. Those suspenders look fantastic. Let me know what you're thinking here or in a PM!

I got word from Adam today, and we're pretty much good to go. I'd like to get this ready soon.

Thanks everyone,
Trev

That's the first Mal I've seen with a neck dremeled to fit a long neck adapter. Wait, no, Cadaver made his that way. Still, great tailoring on that!

Has anyone ever contributed custom braces for this Mal?

I worked up this pair last week and have thoughts on how to refine the back in particular (smaller ring, better cut of leather piece, better angle to centre):

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

I could make one up in 2-3 days if this project needs some.

[The head is not finished so I just set it on there for the photos.]

I tried to make accurate suspenders but it was just to tricky. I thought about getting some nam suspenders and bleaching them then dye them. I just wish someone made early nineties israli soldiers that could be parted out.

That's the first Mal I've seen with a neck dremeled to fit a long neck adapter. Wait, no, Cadaver made his that way. Still, great tailoring on that!

Thank you. My only regret with the shirt is that I coloured it with fabric medium and acrylic paint instead of using a proper dye.

Starpuffs, what pants did you use? They look great.

They are the Battlegear Toys pants, but modified to create a different inseam, in addition obviously to applying a stripe.

I tried to make accurate suspenders but it was just to tricky. I thought about getting some nam suspenders and bleaching them then dye them. I just wish someone made early nineties israli soldiers that could be parted out.

I am going to make version 2.0 tomorrow evening for the Nathan Fillion doll and will post pictures before sending them to Trev. If people are interested, I would be willing to make more.

I'm headed to the post office with the booklet for Nathan/Trevor. It turned out better than I had hoped. I do so miss my print shop though I could have finished it up so much better, but to the untrained eye it is great. I got a lot of compliments on it while I was finishing it up.

Trevor I am also including 2 half sheet stickers with the cover art on them for you to use on the box if you would like. Or just keep them if you don't think they will work on the box or you already have something. I am shipping it out expedited so hopefully it will be to you by Friday. Will that work ok for you?

Thanks Serenityslr! We're about wrapped up on this. I got my acoustic foam for the interior of the box and that's looking good. I did make up a photoshopped image for the outside of the box. (I'll post pics of everything before it gets mailed)

I think I'll be able to make your sticker work, though. Sounds great!

Thanks for doing this. The booklet will be the first thing that's seen when the figure-box is opened.

Trev

Trev, could you post a photo or two of the booklet before you send the figure off? I for one would liketo see it while I still can. Very glad that this last step is finished and the project will soon be on it's way.

Thanks,
Old Grandpa

This has been an amazing project from the beginning. I really enjoyed watching this from the sidelines as everyone helped to get this amazing figure completed. I keep thinking how great it would be if Nathan Fillon would take this figure to the set of his show Castle and the camera can show it for a few seconds as part of the show.:D

I think he's gonna geek out over it, just like we all hoped. It's a stunning figure in person. The photos just can't capture it.

OG- I'll take photos tomorrow or Friday when I get it all ready, so everyone can see Serenitslr's hard work on the booklet.

Thanks!
Trev

I am on my way to the post office to mail this to Trevor, but here are the braces I made for the NF Mal:

picture.php

Basically the colour is better and the back more carefully put together than the original.

Back