1/6 Luke & Leia swing bridge Dio

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi all, sorry I've been a little quiet this week but I've made a trip way up North to Tromso in Norway :hi5:
Took in a few site, the Northern lights (mind blowing), went husky sledging, snow mobiles through the Lyngen Alps etc awesome place & very highly recommended.
Found a great little model shop with plenty of SS &(other) figures and the most models ive ever seen in one place "Legoloftet"

Anyway chaps back onto this build, will be getting stuck in this week, will have more progress at the weekend :yess:
All the best Jas

Update: been busy reworking the wiring to add the second plug. Giving you the option to either hang this piece on the wall or display it sitting on the base.
A little more work for me, but pleased with the end result as it gives better display options.

Got the last two sets to wire up this morning, then I'll start on assembling.
Jas

Thanks for the update.

I'm currently planning to hang it on the wall. I think it will display better that way and provide a sense of "height" to the piece.

:goodpost:
Totally agree buddy, this will look amazing displayed at height plus it takes up quite a bit of room in a Detolf.
Currently finalising the options for fixing to ensure they are strong enough.
think the upside keyhole is the way to go :wink1:

First two sets of lights are fully assembled with the new masking pre-installed to help Pete out with his painting.
The main building can now start and progress will be more visible now the hard construction bits have been done.

Having a spot of trouble with Photo Bucket at the min, every time I go to upload an image it cashes my ipad :slap

Have decided to make two at a time and get them over to Pete's for painting whilst I start the next two.
I can make sure each build is perfect before shipping them over to Pete's.

Jas

Update: first two are well under way both bridge bases are built and the frames are also built.
Will be finishing off the sides and the top tomorrow and get the doors started.

If anyone who has already ordered their Luke & Leia dio who doesn't plan on displaying theirs in a Detolf nor hanging it on the wall the V2.0 prototype is available at no extra cost.
This will be the only one built at this size as it is slightly wider than the rest also the power inlet is on the side and the rest will be on the back and on the bottom.
The certificate will indicate that this is "V2.0 prototype" and No. 1 of 1.
You will receive the right hand one pictured fully painted and weathered.

This is also ready built and will be shipped over to Pete's for painting with the first two V2.0s hopefully by the end of the week.
Drop me an email ([email protected])
thanks all
Jas

Was away on business over the weekend so didn't manage to get much done in the cave.
I did manage to grab a few hours last night though and was able to complete two of the bridge / bases ready for attaching them to the doorways over the weekend.
Also waiting on some decent shipping boxes to make sure they get to Pete's and you guys in one piece.

Will get some pics up over the weekend.

Back