1:6 Indy Mine Cart

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Some more progress made today.
Cast all of the smaller detail parts today and almost completed the sleepers castings, just 3 more sets to go.
All that's left to do now is 3 sets of sleepers (12x individual items)the brakes and the track "I" beams which I'll need to make new moulds for and cast in resin.
The lights are also 50% done, I'll finish these off whilst the carts are with Pete, once complete I'll ship them over.
Hoping to get the carts to Pete's for painting by next weekend....if all goes to plan.

Almost there......the metal work and the wooden handles for the brakes is now cut and ready for assembly:

Also managed to finish casting the rest of the resin sleepers:

Really an indy tlc fireplace. Makes a good dio. Also the grailroom would make an awesome piece

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Really an indy tlc fireplace. Makes a good dio. Also the grailroom would make an awesome piece

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TLC fireplace is well underway, chairs and fire surround walls (War room side) are done just the rotating wall and base to do.
The Grail room would be amazing, that back wall would be a a bit tricky.

Carts are done chaps :hi5: :yess:

Will give everything a good coat of looking at in the morning just to make sure everything is perfect, then Just the the sleepers and tracks to finish off.
Thanks for your patients guys

Wow they look intimidating lined up like that lol ! I bet you are seeing them in your sleep

I had better give the airbrush a bit of a spring clean then mate.

Pete

Wow they look intimidating lined up like that lol ! I bet you are seeing them in your sleep

I had better give the airbrush a bit of a spring clean then mate.

Pete

Get your AB finger ready mate, I'm hoping to get the Star Wars bridge swing dio completed and over to you the same time as the carts.
I need some time to focus on the lava display bases and the other commissions.

See you soon buddy.

Wow, that is quite the production you guys have going. I am so amazed at the quality of the work you both do!

Everything is now complete and all ready for the trip over to Pete's on Monday.
Will be making a start on reducing the weight of the lava bases next chaps.

Good to see you today mate and everything is now safe and sound down in the Petecave

I'll make a start on them tomorrow (so shouldn't be too long to wait guys ! ) I'll post some pics as I go just so you can see things are progressing

Pete

Thanks Pete for the update. Just a small question regarding painting of the carts and buffer stops. Will the brake handles be light or dark?

Thanks Pete for the update. Just a small question regarding painting of the carts and buffer stops. Will the brake handles be light or dark?

I am going to do them dark as this is the more popular look, but if anyone wants theirs left light then just let me know

Pete

Cart paint production line has begun in the Petecave, Buckets ready for weld seams and texturing ( Iron Man is acting as a bookend to avoid a bucket Avalanche )

Hopefully they will all look like this in a few days

Pete

Back