1/6 Indy Customizations: Image Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I will be the first to openly admit to the beauty of the mini Strain whips... fine fine craftsmanship.. as would be expected from a master whip maker.. wouldn't mind owning one myself... if I am not mistaken I believe they run around $250 maybe ? considering the intensive artistry involved in fabricating that on such a small scale I would say his price is warranted.. the construction is the same as his full size whips...

Mike, glad you didn't think I was slighting your product at all, and it's nice to see one craftsman that appreciates the work of another!
Yeah, that's the right ballpark for the price. I view it the same way as you described, a very small and unique piece of art. To me, that whip is iconic, and there is no way HT could mass produce anything close to what both you and Joe are making.

Yeah... I see myself more as a 'craftsman' or hobbyist... My gear is simply done to embellish a collectible.. Strain is a skilled artisan or rather a professional artist.. I am in awe of the delicate authenticity of his scale whips... Would kill for a PF scale whip by him !!!

The problem with getting a whip as nice as the joe strain one for 250 bucks is that the only thing you have to put it on is the total piece of crap hot toys Indiana jones.

Totally pointless at the end of the day. But a mighty nice whip it is.

I respect the work put into these whips. I prefer Mike's. Not only for the pricing but for the overall look and feel. Joe's is beautifull craftmanship, but it is to "clean" for me. Just my personal feelings.

:lolThis thread has gotten very funny.
My own view, I prefer Mike's whips, they look more natural on a 1/6th scale figure. No denying the craftsmanship on those other whips, they in themselves are items of great beauty. I would love one just to have on my desk. But personally I don't think they look as good hanging from a scaled figure, they look too perfect and rigid. Just my 2 cents!

@ Shortround & Commtech::rotfl:lol:lol

Whatever fellas, keep it cool yeah!

Anyhow, I was finally able, via the Headplay sculpt, to give my Henry Jones a much needed revamp. I'd seen a similar job done on one on here so I knew it would look good. It wasn't till I realised I'd need the original neck peg for another bash that I finally bit the bullet and got the sculpt. I darkened the tache and eyebrows and I was good to go:

HPHenry0001.jpg

HPHenry0002.jpg

HPHenry0003.jpg

HPHenry0004.jpg

HPHenry0005.jpg

More to come!

yeah... if you can acquire one.. the cloth Medicom bow tie is a work of art as well... very well done piece... actually the Medicom Sr suit is much nicer as well..

In extreme close-up the bow tie may not look the best, but, it works in hand. The thing with the Medi suit and tie is that they'll fit a Medi body but I doubt they'd fit the modded TT I've used. I wanted to get as close to Sir Sean in height and build as I could and I think I've done that.

Alas the Sideshow suit doesn't seem to fit a TT body very well either. I've tried it but the jacket is too short and rides up way too high. There's not enough spare material at the bottom hem to lengthen it either. The jacket's also tailored for the Pro with it's rounded shoulders and doesn't sit right no matter how much I mess with mine.

Have you seen those ACI dress shoes Rogerbee? They are plastic with laces but would look better than the Indy boots you've used.

Back