1/6 Indy Customizations: Image Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Alas the Sideshow suit doesn't seem to fit a TT body very well either. I've tried it but the jacket is too short and rides up way too high. There's not enough spare material at the bottom hem to lengthen it either. The jacket's also tailored for the Pro with it's rounded shoulders and doesn't sit right no matter how much I mess with mine.

Have you seen those ACI dress shoes Rogerbee? They are plastic with laces but would look better than the Indy boots you've used.

The thing with that is that I used the lower legs from the Pro as well, I wanted the body to have extra height so it was taller than Indy and matched Sean Connery.

I'm happy with what I have now and hopefully the WGP heads will mean I'll be as happy with Indy.

They do look amazing, but it's still in a computer?

That's true, but, the beauty of that is that tweaks can be made ad nauseam without having to cast or sculpt anything tangible and wasting materials on WIP's. The CG heads can also be viewed from any angle and aren't subject to any photographic influences. What you see is exactly what you get.

I'm waiting till I see final versions before I commit to any one head, but, if I like what I see then I'll definitely have one.

So... just wondering, now that things are getting closer, how are the three WGP Indy heads going to change things for Indy customs? I just noticed Clipper King (that dude that did the early glowing HT Indy video review) selling his HT Indy head on eBay.

There's quite a large number of people on the lists for these WGP heads - are they going to be the game changer, "the" Indy head/s for customs for years to come? The bullseye everyone has been hoping for?

I've now postponed getting a HT indy head until I see these WGP heads printed and maybe even painted. Can a custom/fan made head beat out a HT head? They do look amazing, but it's still in a computer?

They do look great, but honestly it's the paint job that will make it or break it. The Sideshow sculpt by Trevor is still the closest to perfection IMO, ruined by the material it was cast in (which makes it look more like a toy) and the terrible paint application. Even Hot Toys's paint job does a huge disservice to the sculpt. The sculpt is not great to begin with, and the paint just makes it worse. The few repaints here have helped the sculpt tremendously.

So I think it'll boil down to how good the paint apps are.

:exactly::lecture
Yes, I agree completely, I'm gonna pick up the heads as well, let's hope they work well with the Indy body and we can get a nice paint app done on them.

So... just wondering, now that things are getting closer, how are the three WGP Indy heads going to change things for Indy customs? I just noticed Clipper King (that dude that did the early glowing HT Indy video review) selling his HT Indy head on eBay.

There's quite a large number of people on the lists for these WGP heads - are they going to be the game changer, "the" Indy head/s for customs for years to come? The bullseye everyone has been hoping for?

I been checking that thread just about every day and did not know that lists were being taken

I plan to get at least one possibly two, but they will be in addition to my Hot Toys Indy , not a replacement for it .

Although WGPs likeness may in fact be better, it will never match the HT head as long as it does'nt have a removeable hat.

Prior to the HT Indy, I had wondered why people would spend hundreds of $ on Kato jackets and Mikes rigs just to use them with the Sideshow heads.

I've got about dozen different Indy heads over the years in different stages of kit-bashing and hope to have fun with WGP heads, but the benchmark of my Indy collection will still be the HT DX

The WGP heads, unless they can find a painter, which will cost us extra, will be sold unpainted, so, it could be down to us to supply the paint apps.

Jimmy, I never had a shrunken PF head, I just had the SSC one.

How do you get the neck joint out of the TT Narrow neck adapter??

I've been boiling it to try and soften it, grabbing at it with pliers, everything, and so far I've nearly managed to split the neck in two and the ball joint still isn't coming out. What gives??

I hate to ask, but having been burned by customizers in the past, how reliable is WGP? Will I pay them and never receive anything? Again, I don't want to be negative, but I've been burned a couple times now.

How do you get the neck joint out of the TT Narrow neck adapter??

I've been boiling it to try and soften it, grabbing at it with pliers, everything, and so far I've nearly managed to split the neck in two and the ball joint still isn't coming out. What gives??

If you mean the dumbell post I wouldn't bother, I don't think it's any different to the standard ones. Why do you need it out, do you want to put a DX head on the slim neck for some reason? You could try putting a head on and pullling it off, I often find that neck posts come out when I do that, though not often when I want them to.

I hate to ask, but having been burned by customizers in the past, how reliable is WGP? Will I pay them and never receive anything? Again, I don't want to be negative, but I've been burned a couple times now.

I think they're fine, though I will admit that I've not actually seen any in hand pics from customers. You can try searching the forum for True Blood customs I suppose, somebody must have bought something.

I'm not committing till I see final versions

I got the Catwoman Michelle Pfiffer head from them and it is incredible work

Looking for a little feedback. Does the shirt look too big?

02d7df8e.jpg

I would say yes, the shirt looks too big.

I've found this problem with trying to customize my HT Indy. The head is undersized and the clothes are over sized. The more I mess with this figure, the more I dislike it.

I used the Relic Hunter shirt on mine and it looks right with the SSC head and might with the WGP ones as I'm pretty certain they were making them larger than the HT one.

Back