1/6 Indy Customizations: Image Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
IJ303-1.jpg

Looks like Viggo

It is proved that Medicom HS are actually good.
IJ301-2.jpg

No, it proves 2 things: 1) the painter did a really really nice job but, 2) you can't polish a turd (whatever Mythbusters might say). This is just an AWFUL Indy, just about the worst HF sculpt ever. And the hat that goes with it is only just slightly better than the cloth hat that came with the first Kenner Indy.

No, it proves 2 things: 1) the painter did a really really nice job but, 2) you can't polish a turd (whatever Mythbusters might say). This is just an AWFUL Indy, just about the worst HF sculpt ever. And the hat that goes with it is only just slightly better than the cloth hat that came with the first Kenner Indy.

OK!
This is another good example of a turd being polished and turn in to a precious stone :wave
indianajones_001.jpg

Head Sculpt: Medicom/Repainted

OK!
This is another good example of a turd being polished and turn in to a precious stone :wave
indianajones_001.jpg

Head Sculpt: Medicom/Repainted
Is that yours? That is the coolest display for Indy I've ever seen! That base is awesome, and the paint is great, but the headsculpt is simply way, way off though it doesn't look as bad as those other pictures... The hat looks better pushed back like that so you can't see how crazy bad it is.

Is that a custom base? Fantastic setup!

It's ok, though I do agree that the base is better than the figure. The Mutt and Henry sculpts are better, but, only when Tin repainted them.

CHEERS!

That Medicom sculpt just looks too young to really work for Ford. With a repaint its pretty nice looking, but still I can only see hints of Ford. The Old Indy and Mutt though look quite good with a repaint.

:lecture Agree, although I would go as far as to say that the Raiders Indy sculpt barely has a passing resemblance to Ford. Those repaints are amazing, though.

Hi folks,

After seeing what had become of HT's attempt at doing Indy, and seeing what the folk on SSF had done to their SSC ones, I decided to bite the bullet and have a crack at doing a full redo of my own. I already had most of what I needed, but, the Soldier Story S2 just wasn't going to cut it any more. But what would!?

I initially thought the answer was the HT Assassins Creed Ezio body and I ordered one. It was then that I found that the lower legs had extended ankle cups, which would make Indy too tall. The answer was lower legs from an ordinary TT. Originally I was going to use ones from my old Narrow. However, when I took delivery of a new one, which turned out to be broken and sent in error, I was able to use the lower legs from it, which made it compatible with the newer knees on the Ezio body.

Also, I'd never been keen on the SSC belt set, so a new one was ordered from SteveO. During the time I was waiting for gear to be delivered, the SSC gun fell to bits, I found a DML one that was similar in silhouette and ordered that too.

It was clear that the factory paint job wasn't going to cut it either, so, I repainted it. This was a tough one as I had to get all the details just right. I think I managed it though. It felt great to finally put him together. As always happens at this time of year in the UK, the weather is awful and there hasn't been much decent light with which to take photos, so, till then, you'll have to make do with these:

NewJones0002-1.jpg

NewJones0004.jpg

NewJones0005.jpg

NewJones0008.jpg

Hmm, the flash doesn't do this justice, but, it does look great in person, honest!

NewJones0009.jpg

PARTS LIST:

HS: Sideshow

Body: HT Assassins Creed Ezio/Gambit TT (Lower legs and feet)

Shirt: Relic Hunter

Pants: Sideshow

Web belt: Sideshow wth Relic Hunter buckle

Equipment belt & holster: Custom made by SteveO

Sidebag: DID John Colman with SSC strap and custom rings

Jacket: Sideshow (Lapel tips unstitched.)

Revolver: DML S&W Victory

Aldens: Hasbro Whipping Indy

ROLL OF HONOUR

Nick Wells: Relic Hunter, SSC & Hasbro Indy

7Toys7: HT Ezio body, John Colman bag

Guo Bei: Gambit TT

Toy Soldier Brigade: DML revolver

SteveO's Toys: Equipment belt & holster

Sideshow Freaks: For the inspiration!

Hope you liked him

CHEERS!

That Steve O rig looks pretty nice. Did it come with the metal keeper or did you mod it? I only ask because the belpt pictured on his site doesn't have it.

Back