1/6 Indy Customizations: Image Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks Ron,

I tried to get the facial detail on Indy as natural and subtle as I could, it's such a pity it doesn't show on camera. In person it does look really good.

CHEERS!

Here's my KOTCS Indy. All parts Medicom, except the whip, which is from Sideshow figure and gunbelt, which I just had laying about in my parts bin. The plastic one that came with the figure was broken. I repainted the head, weathered the clothes and padded him with a tissue around the waist.

DSCN6377.jpg

DSCN6356.jpg

DSCN6371.jpg

DSCN6370.jpg

And one daylight shot:

DSCN6353.jpg

Awesome MJ!!! :clap

Here's my KOTCS Indy. All parts Medicom, except the whip, which is from Sideshow figure and gunbelt, which I just had laying about in my parts bin. The plastic one that came with the figure was broken. I repainted the head, weathered the clothes and padded him with a tissue around the waist.

DSCN6377.jpg

This is my first attempt at weathering the KOTCS Indy jacket. Pretty happy with how it turned out. Used a mix of nutmeg brown and white latex paint, applied with a cotton swab.

Now I need to weather the rest of his clothing!

Waiting on a replacement neck I ordered (FA096 1/6 Skin Neck). Don't like the color of the Pro body neck.

-Doctor_B

So here is the latest set of heads I have been painting for a client who contacted myself from my Blog. He sent me 5 Indy heads to paint 3 with beards and two without. I hope you enjoy them?

Hey, Greggo, nice work. A word of caution though. If somebody sends you multiple heads of one character like that, they might be flipping them for a profit to other collectors. I painted a Clint Eastwood Blondie a couple years ago when I was only charging $60 per head, and he put it on a body with custom clothes and sold it for $700 on evilBay. :slap That's when I started raising my prices.

Here's my first repaint of the 1/6 Indy. What the heck took me so long....?

There's actually two repaint here. The head alone is for a customer, and the one on the figure body is mine, but can you tell the difference?

MyIndy6.jpg

IndyHead4.jpg

IndyHead3.jpg

MyIndy3.jpg

More pics in my custom thread (link in signature; go to last pages)

Last edited:
Speaking of fantastic, thanks SO much to SilentSurfer... my Indy is just pure awesomeness now!

Indy_SS_1.jpg

Indy_SS_2.jpg

Indy_SS_3.jpg

Indy_SS_4.jpg

I painted up the Hasbro shoes myself... I quite like them. :)
Indy_SS_5.jpg

hi guys saw a lot of excellent work here.
I need to know if anyone is able to do a thuggee outfit or sell a complete TOD indy outfit for my 1/6th mine cart shown.
I painted this kit and i have the logs and rails to put it on, would love a thuggee cart rather than the Indy one.
still more work to be done but you all get the picture
Mars

Last edited:
Back