1/6 Indy Customizations: Image Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm using a TT slim for a new Indy project. Quick question:

Will the pegs from a SS Indy's boots fit in TT slim legs? I thought I would ask before ordering.

No. The ankle pegs from the Hot Toys body, however, fit very well in the Sideshow boots. The Sideshow pegs are easily removed with the boiling water trick.

No, it wouldn't. Slims are tiny, the head would look enormous and the clothes just wouldn't hang right. He'd look like a 10 year old playing dress-ups. The Narrow is probably the best choice, or an Assassins Creed or Goemon body with a moulded neck.

CHEERS!

Ah, right,

You'd get by with that if you use the Prometheus neck as the Gambit one is shorter. I have an Ezio body for mine, the thing with that is that you have to use lower legs from a Narrow as the Ezio ones have longer ankle cups.

I'm hoping that Henry won't be too short when I fit his Gambit TT with the lower legs from his Prometheus. If that's the case then I'm sure I have some boots somewhere that will suit him. It's funny that you can get all the data you want on Indy's wardrobe, but next to none on Henry's.

CHEERS!

Rogerbee-

What figure head is your user icon? I know I recognize it but can't place it.

Thanks!

Dr. B

Ah, right,

You'd get by with that if you use the Prometheus neck as the Gambit one is shorter. I have an Ezio body for mine, the thing with that is that you have to use lower legs from a Narrow as the Ezio ones have longer ankle cups.

I'm hoping that Henry won't be too short when I fit his Gambit TT with the lower legs from his Prometheus. If that's the case then I'm sure I have some boots somewhere that will suit him. It's funny that you can get all the data you want on Indy's wardrobe, but next to none on Henry's.

CHEERS!

No, it wouldn't. Slims are tiny, the head would look enormous and the clothes just wouldn't hang right. He'd look like a 10 year old playing dress-ups. The Narrow is probably the best choice, or an Assassins Creed or Goemon body with a moulded neck.

CHEERS!

I've got two on TT narrows and the one thing that bugs me is the way the SS jacket hangs off of them as the sleeves are too short.

I'd love to score a molded neck TT for Indy.

Harrison Ford slouches so move the shoulders forward, the jacket looks better then.

BTW my Avatar image is BBI's Lucifer.

CHEERS!

As you know, I'm currently updating my SSC Indy. I'm about to do his stubble and was wondering how you guys did yours and what the best methods were.

Pics are very welcome

CHEERS!

does anyone have any pics from the indy movies that would be suitable for backdrops for 1/6 and pf figures? ( obviously without the character in shot.
i have access to a printer at work and im thinking of doing something similar to hot toys backdrops for some of my figures (indiana jones, ghostbusters and dark knight) but not having much luck finding photos.
im thinking indy the peruvian temple would be great!

I wish newbies looking to boost their opening post counts would actually say something relevant, I did!

Regarding my stubble query I'm in no rush.....

CHEERS!

I have not used this technique specifically to create stubble, but it might work for that as well. Mask off the area you want painted. Apply a small amount of paint to the bristles of a tooth brush. A tooth brush (or any stiff brush) with really fine bristles works best.

Find a test surface and pull back on the bristles and release. It should release paint in a nice spatter pattern. You will want to do this a few times at varying distances from the surface until the amount of paint and size of the spatter are to your liking.

Hope that helps!

-Dr. B

I wish newbies looking to boost their opening post counts would actually say something relevant, I did!

Regarding my stubble query I'm in no rush.....

CHEERS!

Here's some WIP shots of my Indy. Waiting on the kaiburr Indy head and to be painted! So the Trevor sculpt will have to do for now.
indy001.jpg

indy003.jpg

indy002.jpg

Back