1/6 Indy Customizations: Image Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
To quote Indy from Raiders: “You know I hate to do this …”

Ouch, here it goes, would rather sell to someone here who actually appreciates what went into each figure (and is aware of each of the artists involved), as oppose to just anybody on eBay. Please keep in mind that I have lots of hours, no weeks & months into each figure. This is a great opportunity to get an 1/6th Indy figure that is 100% accurate with no waiting time.

Last Crusade Indy:

Custom everything: Expanded torso, with custom shirt and pants to match. Custom one of kind Sovereign Last Crusade jacket, with special Last Crusade accurate weathering. The hat was re-sculpted to have that look it does when Indy is going for the Grail in the 3rd act of the film. Amazing facial paint job by Sean Ho (and the hat and the chest area), featuring the two marks on Indy’s face from the tank battle. Mike Fisher accurate Last Crusade holster & gunbelt. Mike Fisher accurate strap on the sidebag. Sovereign Last Crusade whip.

I have no ego in saying that he is one of the best Last Crusade Indy’s I have ever seen. I have $600. Invested in him, will let him go for $400. (not including shipping).

KOTCS Indy:

Again, custom everything. This one I had him scaled out to match the KOTCS awesome sculpt by Trevor, as we all know the head was way too big for the body (not Trevor’s fault, they just didn’t match a correct size body for him – I did), so everything had to be scaled out: the hat, the body, the clothes, the jacket, the backpack, everything. Another one of kind Sovereign jacket, made as an exact copy of the Tony Nowak KOTCS Jacket, it is simply amazing and hangs on him correctly. The Joe Strain 1/6 scale whip is an actual working real braided color accurate whip, it is a one of a kind. The backpack was a massive project in and of itself and took a lot of time (and effort), yes, the skull is in the backpack, the backpack does open. Another amazing Sean Ho paint job (and the hat, and the chest area). Amazing custom (because the body is larger) Mike Fisher Holster & Gun Belt. Mike Fisher accurate strap on the sidebag. His posture, I worked really hard so that his posture matches the way Harrison was standing in the film, it is a PERFECT match.

Again, I have no ego in saying that he is one of the best (if not the best) KOTCS Indy I have ever seen. I have more than $800. invested in him (I know, I am insane), will let him go for $550. (not including shipping).

If anyone is interested, please send me a PM.

Thanks.

photo-104.jpg

Notice the grey hair on KOTCS Indy here:

photo-106.jpg

photo-105.jpg

Those are nice customs but the pants do not have the right fit and im not sure what all the hype is about those real leather shoes. To me they look nothing like the ones he wore in the film.

Scupt isn't bad but it looks like a child trying to play Indy

I think the problem is the stubble is too light

I think the face shape is the most accurate I have seen

user11655_pic17199_1297273198.jpg

indianajones_002-Copy3.jpg

I think once the stubble is added it will again make a huge difference!

I really see ROTLA Indy

indianajones_001-Copy.jpg

indianajones_001.jpg

It isn't bad, the nose looks too straight to me, Harrison's nose has more of a kink. I think folk that bought the Medicom one thought they'd scored when they saw the SSC one, but were left crying when they saw the repaints.

That said, I've seen a repaint of their Henry Jones that really blew me away. However, I then saw a pic of Trevor's unpainted sculpt and it totally floored me!

If you're wondering which body to use for Indy, a few pages back there are pics of a Medicom KOTCS sculpt on a Soldier Story body that look just right.

CHEERS!

here u go teddy. im not a big fan of the medicom indys however this one is stunning for some reason! its put together really good!
KOTCSC.jpg

KOTCSB.jpg

KOTCSA.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Thanks Short

I also really like that Medi KOTCS but I want a ROTLA version

I think once the darkened stubble is added to the Medi version it will shine, it is all personal tastes at the end of the day anyways I just love the charm of the Medi one

Well I have the Kato jacket so it looks like I will have to mod the head round the advanced tt

here u go teddy. im not a big fan of the medicom indys however this one is stunning for some reason! its put together really good!
KOTCSC.jpg

KOTCSB.jpg

KOTCSA.jpg
[/QUOTE]

What jacket is that out of interest? Is that the Medi jacket or Kato's?

Any idea what body that is on? The head is very much in proportion to the body

What jacket is that out of interest? Is that the Medi jacket or Kato's? Any idea what body that is on? The head is very much in proportion to the body
KOTCSB.jpg

The pics above are with the Sideshow Prometheus V.1 with a BBi 3.5 Neck Plug.
The jacket is slightly weathered with paint and very light sanding and (like the shirt and pants) soaked in water while on the body for a better fit. A small vertical slit was cut in the back of the collar while it was up and a flatted twist tie inserted throughout the length. It helps keep the collar in shape.
Below is the Soldier Story 2 body.
mediIndy175.jpg

Thank you you have 2 beautiful Indy's there

Unfortunately the clothing will dictate my choice of body so I will have to mod the Medi sculpt round the HT neck, I will be going with the HT TT advanced

Hmm, the Advanced TT has wide shoulders and a long neck and would make the head look too small. A Slim TT, Soldier Story S2 or maybe a TTL 3.0 would look better. If Kato's jacket is similar in size to the SSC jackets then you will get away with it on an S2.

CHEERS!

Hmmm looks like I have some thinking to do

I would love to see the Medi Indy sculpt side by side a HT sculpt or SS sculpt for sizing

here is the Medicom ROTLA Indy head on a TT Advanced. I think it looks good. Just through this together. thats the medi shirt and a random pair of pants and Mfishers rig with hasbro boots.

DSCN0397.jpg

After a chat with my good friend Greggo it looks like I am going for the S2 Soldier Story body

Apparently Kato clothing fits perfectly and the head certainly looks very much in proportion :)

Will have to have that neck repainted though it is way to pink for my liking

After a chat with my good friend Greggo it looks like I am going for the S2 Soldier Story body

Apparently Kato clothing fits perfectly and the head certainly looks very much in proportion :)

Will have to have that neck repainted though it is way to pink for my liking
Just FYI: The 'pink' is the paint I laid down on the body. It needs to be better matched and depending on the skin tone of the ROTLA head you might not have to do much repainting of the body. Since you'll be repainting the head it will be easier to match the skin tone of the body rather than the other way around. I had already repainted my Indy head by the time I decided to try this match. With the S2 I also had to shave down the length of the neck and forearms.
You can see the original body tone below. Also, I cut and yanked the inner plug from the S2 head stuck it back on the ball joint and drilled a larger hole in the Medi. It fits nice and snug and you have great motion for a molded neck. I believe this is before I shaved down the neck length just a bit.
mediIndy122.jpg
mediIndy124.jpg

I'm using a TT slim for a new Indy project. Quick question:

Will the pegs from a SS Indy's boots fit in TT slim legs? I thought I would ask before ordering.

Back