1/6 Indy Customizations: Image Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ok better picture as promised.
pics010.jpg

Are the narrow Truetype bodies good for the sideshow clothes and sculpt? I've gathered the sideshow parts and have it all on the Pro 1.2 body but I'm not really liking how the head and jacket look. Any help/ pics would be appreciated!

I'm avoiding natural light as much as possible with mine. He looks great under artificial lighting, but really bad under natural light. It's the hardest job in the world to do something artificial that looks real in natural light. That's a benefit of CGI you can control the lighting any way you want.

CHEERS!

No problem,

The moulded neck bodies make shirts look better. Some have used the Royce body to good effect. I've used an Assassins Creed Ezio body on mine. It has all the articulation of a normal TT but has a moulded neck.

The only downside is that it has extended ankle cups which make the figure too tall. You can either swap the lower legs for the original Prometheus ones or ones from an ordinary TT. Just be careful with the knees if you make either swap.

CHEERS!

I've got my Indy on a Pro 1.2 and I LOVE it. I loved it so much I changed my KOTCS Indy to a Pro 1.2 as well!

IMG_6540.JPG

IMG_6538.JPG

IMG_6544.JPG
IMG_6557.JPG

IMG_6535.JPG

I was originally okay with the regular pros. With some futzing, I was able to get the figures in a really good place. But it bothered me about their shoulders being a little narrow, which would make his jacket sit funny. And his torso always felt a little short and squat, which meant I had to lower and adjust his pant waist to just the right spot in order to avoid "grampa pants".

Then ProgMatinee mentioned the Pro 1.2 and it sounded like a great idea! The best part is that there is practically no modding involved at all. All the regular Indy parts fit perfectly into the newer Pro body. The broader shoulders of the body fill in the jacket perfectly, and the torso length is extended to a regular human's proportions! I also picked up some relaxed TT hands (which I think all the new Pro body figures sorely lack), and it's like a whole new figure!

@ Old Man Jim, I love you Indy, both of them but the Raiders one you did is perfect. Did you repaint the sideshow sculpt?

Griff

Thanks, Ddevil192. I did paint the Raiders one myself. I only did the minimal amount of work to fix the worst parts of the factory paint job: the beard and eyes. His skin tone was fine to me. A little bland, sure. But I also didn't want to do a full-on repaint. I redid his stubble and changed his eyes by getting rid of the doll dot, changed the color to hazel, and made the whites of his eyes a bit bigger in order to "delete" that horrible heavy eyeliner. It's not as luscious as some other repaints here on the board, but it fixed the most egregious problems of the factory paint job, which makes him look 100% better. I'm really happy with him this way, and it didn't take much.

Got to admit, they do look good. I got Henry this morning and he must be on an old Pro. Whenever I look across at him, I keep thinking he's on his knees, he's that short! Still, I've got a Gambit TT coming for him.

I'll put the lower legs from his Pro on and if the shoes make him look short then I'll put Indy's old Pro Aldens on him.

CHEERS!

PS (The collar tips on the jackets are sewn down, they look better if you unpick them.)

Last edited:
Loving the customs guys.

Here is my bash of 'Hangar 51' Indy. He is on a 'Prince Dastan' body and with Kato shirt and pants.

CS1.jpg

CS2.jpg

CS3.jpg

Looks great Cavlcade! Your Indy customs always impress :clap Did you thin out the neck on the body somehow? It looks a bit thinner than the other muscle bodies I've seen used for Indy.

I think its mainly looking thinner due to the fact that that head is oversized to begin with. Looks ace though!

Looks great Cavlcade! Your Indy customs always impress :clap Did you thin out the neck on the body somehow? It looks a bit thinner than the other muscle bodies I've seen used for Indy.

Thanks Dane. The body is untouched at the moment, the head is hollowed out somewhat to fit over the the neck though. The reason the neck looks better is because of the over sized head, which works well on this muscle body. The skin tones are surprisingly close too. I still need to 'paunch' him up a bit, to fill out the waist.

Edit: Mr E beat me to it.

Back