1/6 Indy Customizations: Image Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks fantastic. :clap Are you trying out something new?

Im actually trying a few different things with this Indy sculpt. One is with detail and the other skin tone mixture. Also in the end he will have a more accurate hat then the one he originally came with. I could have had him done by now but time is not something i have alot of recently:monkey2

Ah, OK. Why'd you go with the KOTCS shirt instead of the Raiders shirt, as long as you're sewing on buttons?

I like the quality of the KOTCS shirt a little bit more.

Alittle something in the works. Still have a bit more to go but slowly getting there.

28gtstj.png

Wow...:bow

after looking at this thread for too long I've decided I needed a better Indy.

I have a Sovereign studios jacket coming and a shrunken down PF head. I am in the process of getting an Mfisher setup and bag.

I spend last night making my Indy shirt more up to my standards. its a relic hunter shirt very modified.

0390fc7c.jpg

here is how he looks with my old belt and bag.

0ab1d624.jpg

I am going to keep the pants because I really like them, only problem being is they doing have the back pocket flaps. the shoes are just repainted Hasbro ones. I really like them.

Revision.

New pose-able hands, shirt has been revised. New pose more like when Indy first admires the idol from a distance (yes, I know, he didn't have the whip then). Just going for an Indy that captures the look & spirit of RAIDERS:

photo-26.jpg

photo-27.jpg

Last edited:
That Indy looks amazing great work my friend. Here is another one of my PF heads at 1:6 scale painted up for Indianapaul.

img2443o.jpg

img2444m.jpg

img2445p.jpg

img2446h.jpg

img2447zm.jpg

img2448o.jpg

img2449v.jpg

img2450s.jpg

img2451kq.jpg

img2452jy.jpg

Looks fantastic Gregg! I'm surprised so many people are opting to take the neck off. I understand the extra articulation, but the neck adds so much more imo.

Yeah I totally get that. I'd like to do the same but one of the biggest potential killers of a figure for me is a toy-like neck. All of my figures have either sculpted necks or are on wolverine/comedian bodies (which I just can't afford for this custom) and even then I have to make sure the head paint matches the body's skin tone :lol. It's a major pain being as OCD as I am about my figures :slap

Having the PF head on an articulated body is a huge plus though, not to mention one can easily make the figure's outfit more accurate to Raiders. Something that's really difficult to do with the PF.

Very true. I have gone back and forth with this too. I'm thinking of using an ezio body for the neck, but that might have to wait Either way you do it, that head is gonna look killer.

Haven't been on here for a while but is that a shrunken pf head or a sculpt thats sold on here? because I'd love to get one

I still can't believe this, but I just checked my email, and there was an email from Rismo (the painter) stating that he has completed my Indy head and is ready to send it out!

That is great news to hear that at this point anyhow it appears to be working out for you!:hi5:

You must post some pics when you receive him. I am dying to see what a repaint 2 years in the making looks like! I've seen samples of Rismo's work and it is very impressive indeed. Great paint or not though there's really no excuse for the time it took.

It really gives me even more appreciation than I already have for guys like Nathan (Silent Surfer), Josh (Small Studios), & Boot25 (not to mention many, many other painters here). If all they cared about was collecting money they could do that. However, it's been my experience that they will not even allow you to send them a sculpt until their workload is caught up enough to be able do it in a timely manner. I totally respect that their priorities are on honesty & professionalism rather than capitalism (IMO).

The Shrunken PF head is nice... I did an incredible amount of reworking to it thought... I felt it was pretty rough looking and needed some refinement.

indy1.jpg

an then Sean pulled it all together...
Indy-2.jpg

First I removed the neck and inserted a HT neck adapter.

Then I sanded and buffed and refined the bumpy skin, sculpted out his eyebrows a bit and filled in a few of the holes in the mold as can be seen in the shot above that elvis did (by the lip).

I also reshaped the unevenness of the hat and added my own texture to it.

Finally I refined the hair a lot, chiseling out smoother and more refined groves and cleaning out the clumps etc.

Probably took at least 6 hours in total to refine.

Back