1/6 Indy Customizations: Image Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
02D08D13-A85B-4511-99BF-F8F5C7B6E409.jpeg
Loving this detolf, I got the lights up. Did some work on the shirt. Added dirt, sweat.

Saw that buffy sculpt on instagram today on my lunch break.

Good lord that's the one for me. Easily $1500 or more. I thought his work is all custom commissions?

I love the first one -- the smirk plays really well with that pose. V3 head, right?

And I love TonTon's bag with the ToD Indy. He looks exhausted from climbing up that ladder.

The difference in the shoes is also really nice.

I think that should be your set up. For now.

Yeah I saw that earlier. The realism is off the charts, but there's still something a bit off and generic about the likeness to me.

Yes I agree. There is something slightly off with it in my opinion. It would be good if there were pictures from more angles. Also what's the deal with these commissions? Who do you need to know to get in on them? You would think at least one person on this dedicated Indy board would be on that list. If I had to name one it would be Luis. Lol.

While nice, you can bet the price on that new sculpt is going to be astronomical. You have to remind yourselves that this is a 1/6 head. If you have that money to burn then knock yourselves out, but if you don't, don't bankrupt yourselves trying to make it look like you do. It's sad that to truly excel in this hobby you seem have to be part of a rich elite to be able to get the most out of it. It should be for everyone, regardless of background or budget.

Well said Roger although I think you can come up with some great customs without spending an arm and a leg on them. My The Thing customs were put together quite cheaply but they look the business. Time and effort is what is really required to really excel at this in my opinion.

Yeah, I didn't spend much on mine and it took well over a decade before I got to something I was happy with. Even then it wasn't perfect, but, I just thought 'Enough!'. I always felt like you were never 'one of the gang' if you didn't use parts everyone else was using. It ceased becoming a custom figure if you just did what everyone else did. I just used what I could afford and made the best of it.

I remember when this was a show winner:

632ij6.jpg

I think that was Lonnie Hale's hero head on that. Not my figure, it was one I liked. I liked the hat, and they did actually sell just hats at the time too, wish to god I'd got one. I've stopped trying to do the perfect Indy with a figure and want to do it with a garage kit instead, then I'll have something that is truly mine and unique to me.

Roger that's the hat I've been trying to identify! I am sure of it. Do you know anymore about it?

Having a custom that is unique to yourself is what makes it special to me. Some of the high price sets are great but I really love mixing and matching things and cobbling things together out of different parts. It is really boring when everyone just does the same thing.

Roger that's the hat I've been trying to identify! I am sure of it. Do you know anymore about it?

Having a custom that is unique to yourself is what makes it special to me. Some of the high price sets are great but I really love mixing and matching things and cobbling things together out of different parts. It is really boring when everyone just does the same thing.

As mentioned above the sculpt was offered by Lonnie Hale I believe. You might try searching Hero Heads. It was one of the first Indiana Jones sculpts made available years ago. At the time probably the best likeness to Harrison Ford.

Thanks for the info LiLJawa. It looks really good.

I am sure I have that hat on the custom Indy on my profile pic and just wanted more information to confirm that. The hat is very sturdy and is not quite symmetrical at the top of the crown which for me gives it some character.

Here is the hat on one of my MJ Choi heads.

Attachments

• 20200720_224235-1.jpg
    20200720_224235-1.jpg
    235.4 KB · Views: 148
  • 20200720_224255-1.jpg
    20200720_224255-1.jpg
    187.7 KB · Views: 148
  • 20200720_224343-1.jpg
    20200720_224343-1.jpg
    332.8 KB · Views: 147
Lonnie's site still works, but, it doesn't look like it's been active since 2006. The Hero Heads order form is still on it, but, it doesn't show a part just for hats so I could have been mistaken in that regard. Whether or not he himself is still active I wouldn't know.

Here's the site anyway:

https://www.h2creative.com/HeroHeads.html

That hat would look perfect on a Treasure Hunter. There's an email address on that site too so it's worth a shot.

Lonnie Hale is a blast from the past. I was so looking forward to his last project -- the "rubber" skinned Terminator torso and head -- but it never came to be. He disappeared shortly after that.

He was a master in his day.

5aa3b2be6c6ab16320231d90217e0718.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That looks great, faststreets! I think yours was one I'd come across earlier in the thread. Good to see you back on the boards. :duff

I'm going to leave the TOD sculpt on for a while and see if I like having a map room figure on display enough to get it repainted at some later point. The size bugs me on the TOD figure but doesn't seem to be as much of an issue with the head all wrapped up. And I really like that the sculpt has a bit of personality.

Lonnie Hale is a blast from the past. I was so looking forward to his last project -- the "rubber" skinned Terminator torso and head -- but it never came to be. He disappeared shortly after that.

He was a master in his day.

That would have been cool. Ah well such a shame.

Back