1/6 Indy Customizations: Image Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That Marion...while not a perfect likeness....actually does the job well....i like the repaint.

I updated my original Custom Indy with some great loose pieces from Sideshow's figure. I added the jacket, pants, satchel bag and base/stand. I kept my original shirt, even though it's not light enough, but it's better detailed than the SS version. Will have to give it another bleach treatment.

Body from Dragon/DML.
Hero Heads head sculpt and hat.
whip & holster from "Sovereign Studies", if not mistaken.
belts from Dragon/DML. (need to upgrade holster belt...)
Shoes from Newline Miniatures.
Gloved hands from Dragon/DML.
Custom made whip retainer

I updated my original Custom Indy with some great loose pieces from Sideshow's figure. I added the jacket, pants, satchel bag and base/stand. I kept my original shirt, even though it's not light enough, but it's better detailed than the SS version. Will have to give it another bleach treatment.

Body from Dragon/DML.
Hero Heads head sculpt and hat.
whip & holster from "Sovereign Studies", if not mistaken.
belts from Dragon/DML. (need to upgrade holster belt...)
Shoes from Newline Miniatures.
Gloved hands from Dragon/DML.
Custom made whip retainer

All nice choices...but the Sideshow head sculpt is better than Hero Heads...

Yeah, I know. But since the head is not compatible with the Dragon body that I'm using, I'm not sure how to get around that. I prefer the Newline boots as well, which require "feet" on the figure. SS's body has the shoes snapping into the lower leg.

Unless I can find a way of adapting the SS Indy head to a dragon body, I'm going to have to stay with the Hero Head version. (which really is nice, actually.)

I think just a few pages back in this thread someone was offering commissions on a robe, or knew someone who could do it.

Honestly, if I could just find a 12" Hasbro Old Obi tunic I think I could make it work with a little effort.

I have a 12" Hasbro Obi Wan robe and was thinking the same thing. While cleaning my room, I just stumbled upon a piece of material that might work for the turban. Gonna try the robe and turban thing out this weekend though and see what I can come up with before shelling out for one.

My only problem right now is that I don't have a body for the hatless head. I read somewhere that BBI makes a body compatible with this style head, anyone tried this yet?

I have a 12" Hasbro Obi Wan robe and was thinking the same thing. While cleaning my room, I just stumbled upon a piece of material that might work for the turban. Gonna try the robe and turban thing out this weekend though and see what I can come up with before shelling out for one.

Just study some stills and have your superglue handy to fix the turban instead of trying to learn to tie it right. No one will know but you me and God.

My only problem right now is that I don't have a body for the hatless head. I read somewhere that BBI makes a body compatible with this style head, anyone tried this yet?

Any body you see with the longer style neck post, like the more muscular BBI bodies will work. I'm not saying you won't have to do some slight modifications, as the peg may not secure into his head correctly, but you can certainly make it work. I've had to use green stuff epoxy in more than one head & neckpost convergences but it's not visible and it maintains functionality.

Put him in a Han Solo outfit. The 12 Solo from Empite Strikes Back was terrible. I hope someone lost their job over that one.

Put him in a Han Solo outfit. The 12 Solo from Empite Strikes Back was terrible. I hope someone lost their job over that one.

They weren't fired. I think they actually got promoted to overseeing the outfit colors for the Indy PF.

Bespin Han was my favorite figure growing up, so yeah it was pretty disappointing to see the 12" come out like that. I still own him, only because he won't bring $35 these days, and I guess also because I want to like him.

I wonder how that would look -- hatless Indy as Han Solo ESB?

The hair is wrong, but maybe I could forgive an inaccurate hairstyle over an inaccurate sculpt.

Or better yet, maybe someone daring will cut the hair from the Bespin Han and put it on the hatless Indy -- perfect HAN SOLO!

The jacket was an issue with me as well. I think the blue was too rich and it was just a wee bit snug.

Oh well. I have an Indy with fists now so I can't cry too much I suppose....

The hair is wrong, but maybe I could forgive an inaccurate hairstyle over an inaccurate sculpt.

Or better yet, maybe someone daring will cut the hair from the Bespin Han and put it on the hatless Indy -- perfect HAN SOLO!

With the hair and beard, I think it would just look like Indy dressed as Han. That sculpt is ripe for some talented customizers to rework into Han and Deckard sculpts.

Well, I've spoken to DarkArtist Josh and I know he's working on turning the hatless Indy into a perfect Rick Deckard by changing the hair...Perhaps he can do up a perfect ESB Han Solo by adding hair too! :rock

I just found out the hard way that the skin tone is painted on!

I wanted a tux wearing Indy as he appeared in "Temple of Doom", which meant he should be clean shaven. I applied acetone to a Q-tip and wiped the five o'clock shadow off of hatless Indy's face. Unfortunately, I also wiped off the very thin layer of paint that makes up the skin tone!

While the casting is in a flesh tone, it's somewhat lighter than the paint job makes the head appear. I initially thought that the lighter color may have been some type of chemical response to acetone, but I did some scratching underneath the head and, sure enough, the paint came off.

So here's a warning to all those wanting a clean shaven tuxedo or Professor Indy of what to expect!

I emailed the Ebay seller who makes all of the custom Jedi robes and cloaks about making some Map Room robes w/ headwraps. They requested reference pics so I replied with those and am waiting for a reply.

Maybe we can get hooked up with some affordable clothing.

:whip

I emailed the Ebay seller who makes all of the custom Jedi robes and cloaks about making some Map Room robes w/ headwraps. They requested reference pics so I replied with those and am waiting for a reply.

Maybe we can get hooked up with some affordable clothing.

:whip

Maybe they can make a poncho for Luke Skywalker too?

Here's the post again. Let him know you're from SSF. He will also ad the wrap also. Still have not bought one yet.
maproom1.jpg
[/IMG]
maproom.jpg
[/IMG]
The total price is $27.99 and 6.00 shipping or he can combine shipping and I can ship them out. I will also invite him here.
From the email " Yes, each set will be $27.99 as shown on the website. Shipping will be $6.00 each if they'll be shipped out individually."
Link to site.
https://theundergroundstudio.net/maproom.html
[/QUOTE]

Just got my set, but I have no idea how to fold his turbin/head wrap correctly. The set is very nicely made and shipped qucikly. BTW, he is only taking Indy customs through December 14 according to his site.

Back