1/6 Indy Customizations: Image Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Has anyone considered lengthening the torso on the Sideshow Body? Thats my major hangup with it. Has anyone done something similar? How do you disassemble these bodies anyway? Are they glued at the seams? Appreciate any help.

actually looking at that extra pic it looks like it might be a reflector from one of the studio lights that they used on the set

actually looking at that extra pic it looks like it might be a reflector from one of the studio lights that they used on the set

Well, it's possible that Uncle George "stole" the design of a studio light for R2's head in the first place. The lightsaber handles were camera flashtubes and Slave 1 was based on a streetlamp.

And while searching for more shots of the lamp, I found one that shows Indy's boots a bit clearer (sort of).

364CROP.jpg

Okay, so my first 1:6 Indy arrived about 30 minutes ago and I snapped some very quick iPhone pics of my first two WIP customs.

First up, Indy in German Soldier disguise. Still some work to do on this. The hat, in particular... some weathering and a more screen-accurate rocket launcher (this is NOT the one I'll be using... just threw it in for the pics). But you'll get the idea:

germansoldier_01.jpg

germansoldier_02.jpg

germansoldier_03.jpg

germansoldier_04.jpg

germansoldier_05.jpg

And Indy from the end of the film (the "Fools! Bureaucratic Fools!" scene). Working on a hat for this:

ROTLA_End_01.jpg

Again, sorry for the very bad pics. They don't do the figure justice. But I was so excited to finally get my figure and just wanted to snap some real quick to share.
:chew

Irishjedi, where did you get the German officer outfit and bazooka? I don't mind the slight inaccuracies--I think he looks great! I'll want to try this myself!

Put together my professor jones yesterday. Looks alright for the most part but there is the issue that they didn't have of the skin color difference between the asian body (which is all they had left) and his head. Other than that it looks alright.

Put together my professor jones yesterday. Looks alright for the most part but there is the issue that they didn't have of the skin color difference between the asian body (which is all they had left) and his head. Other than that it looks alright.

We've got twins.:lol
I used the asian body as well... Although I just ordered a caucasion one from Toys2 the other day for my TOD Indy (I got an extra Indy with hat head from Toyanxiety).

We've got twins.:lol
I used the asian body as well... Although I just ordered a caucasion one from Toys2 the other day for my TOD Indy (I got an extra Indy with hat head from Toyanxiety).

Nice!! They where all out of the caucasion body when I ordered them. :( I put my Bruce Wayne head on the other and the skin tone actually matched up pretty well. So in other words his skin tone is too dark but that seems to be an issue with HT or at least the ones I get. :lol

I've got Indy standing there holding the sword that comes with Giles like he's explaining to the class about this ancient sword. Well, thats what I imagine he's talking about. I will have a second hatless head with my second Indy that Josh is going to work on. Not sure what I will do with that one. I may make the german soldier Indy like Carl did. Will have to ask him.

Side note I figured out a way to make the shoes from Giles and Mulder fit the TT body. I just took the socks off and they fit right on.

I've got Indy standing there holding the sword that comes with Giles like he's explaining to the class about this ancient sword. Well, thats what I imagine he's talking about. I will have a second hatless head with my second Indy that Josh is going to work on. Not sure what I will do with that one. I may make the german soldier Indy like Carl did. Will have to ask him.

Put mine with the Necronomicon. :p Borrowed it from Jason.

Nice!! They where all out of the caucasion body when I ordered them. :( I put my Bruce Wayne head on the other and the skin tone actually matched up pretty well. So in other words his skin tone is too dark but that seems to be an issue with HT or at least the ones I get. :lol

Side note I figured out a way to make the shoes from Giles and Mulder fit the TT body. I just took the socks off and they fit right on.

More than a sidenote-- AWESOME!!! Thanks, I was getting tired of having Shoeless Joe Jackson in place of Prof Jones Jr.:D

I had the prof holding his hat but I think I might steal your Giles' sword idea (Excalibur-- the MacGuffin that I wish they'd use for #5... and yes I know it's a fictional sword, but I think it'd be a neat concept, especially with Mutt's swordplay ability).

I've got a Indy head with hat coming from Toyanxiety that I'm going to use to make a TOD Indy, but I think with my second regular Indy that I'm getting from my Canadian on-line retailer I'd like to make a maproom Indy eventually.

(Sidenote Josh-- Had a breakthrough with the final LOTR pic... Might have the non-coloured version to show you in an hour or so as long as the little ones don't wake up:banghead:duh:lol)

Where did you get the metal buckle and keeper on the gun belt for your figure??

More than a sidenote-- AWESOME!!! Thanks, I was getting tired of having Shoeless Joe Jackson in place of Prof Jones Jr.:D

I had the prof holding his hat but I think I might steal your Giles' sword idea (Excalibur-- the MacGuffin that I wish they'd use for #5... and yes I know it's a fictional sword, but I think it'd be a neat concept, especially with Mutt's swordplay ability).

I've got a Indy head with hat coming from Toyanxiety that I'm going to use to make a TOD Indy, but I think with my second regular Indy that I'm getting from my Canadian on-line retailer I'd like to make a maproom Indy eventually.

(Sidenote Josh-- Had a breakthrough with the final LOTR pic... Might have the non-coloured version to show you in an hour or so as long as the little ones don't wake up:banghead:duh:lol)

Glad I could help. :) Just randomly tried it out and what do ya know. :lol

Steal away. :rock Figured it would help me get a bit more mileage out of my Giles stuff. I wouldn't mind seeing them use that in #5 either and get back more to what Indy was looking for instead of aliens. :lol

I'd really like to make maproom Indy with the second hatless head but I have no idea where to get the stuff to make the robes.

I'd really like to make maproom Indy with the second hatless head but I have no idea where to get the stuff to make the robes.

I think just a few pages back in this thread someone was offering commissions on a robe, or knew someone who could do it.

Honestly, if I could just find a 12" Hasbro Old Obi tunic I think I could make it work with a little effort.

I think just a few pages back in this thread someone was offering commissions on a robe, or knew someone who could do it.

Honestly, if I could just find a 12" Hasbro Old Obi tunic I think I could make it work with a little effort.

Will have to look and see. Thnx :)

Here's the post again. Let him know you're from SSF. He will also ad the wrap also. Still have not bought one yet.
maproom1.jpg
[/IMG]
maproom.jpg
[/IMG]
The total price is $27.99 and 6.00 shipping or he can combine shipping and I can ship them out. I will also invite him here.
From the email " Yes, each set will be $27.99 as shown on the website. Shipping will be $6.00 each if they'll be shipped out individually."
Link to site.
https://theundergroundstudio.net/maproom.html[/QUOTE]

Back