1/6 Indy Customizations: Image Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ben's his brother.
Let me know if you want a different thread or not. I received a reply for the map room robe and head wrap:
maproom1.jpg
[/IMG]
maproom.jpg
[/IMG]
The total price is $27.99 and 6.00 shipping or he can combine shipping and I can ship them out. I will also invite him here.
From the email " Yes, each set will be $27.99 as shown on the website. Shipping will be $6.00 each if they'll be shipped out individually."
Link to site.
https://theundergroundstudio.net/maproom.html

Nice work so far, IJ! :rock

Looking forward to seeing more.

Will you be doing Indy in the too-short German uniform? (when he hides in the submarine base?)

Here's a photo of SS Indy with a Relic Hunter jacket. This jacket has all the correct details (including inner pocket and lining) but suffers from being a little bulky. Not to mention the HUGE zipper!

IMG_5544.jpg

IMG_5547.jpg

IMG_5548.jpg

Last edited:
Here's a photo of SS Indy with a Relic Hunter jacket. This jacket has all the correct details (including inner pocket and lining) but suffers from being a little bulky. Not to mention the HUGE zipper).

IMG_5544.jpg

IMG_5547.jpg

IMG_5548.jpg

Cool to see what it looks like, but yeah, zipper is too big and it's too bulky and glossy (although a little sandpaper could dull that down!)
:gun

Ben's his brother.
Let me know if you want a different thread or not. I received a reply for the map room robe and head wrap:
maproom1.jpg
[/IMG]
https://theundergroundstudio.net/maproom.html

Thanks for posting this dwing, now I know where to get the robe for my Map-Room Indy! And he says he's working on the Staff of Rah too! :rock

Now I can make the 3 Indy's I want from ROTLA:

1. Adventure Indy
2. Streets of Cairo Indy
3. Map-Room Indy

:whip

Yes, the Relic Hunter jacket can be dulled down with sand paper or rubbing alcohol. On that note, the SS jacket can be easily distressed with hot water! Wad it into a ball to dry overnight and keep it wrinkled. One thing I learned on Indygear is the Raiders jacket can achieve the look with hot water and plenty of wrinkles. If you don't want to repaint/weather your SS jacket give it a try. Here's mine after soaking it, wringing it and wadding it up in a ball to dry.

IMG_5549.jpg

Yes, the Relic Hunter jacket can be dulled down with sand paper or rubbing alcohol. On that note, the SS jacket can be easily distressed with hot water! Wad it into a ball to dry overnight and keep it wrinkled. One thing I learned on Indygear is the Raiders jacket can achieve the look with hot water and plenty of wrinkles. If you don't want to repaint/weather your SS jacket give it a try. Here's mine after soaking it, wringing it and wadding it up in a ball to dry.

IMG_5549.jpg

Cool! That looks great! Add a bit of Irish Jedi and DarkArtist's 'chalk and dust' technique and it'd be AMAZING! :rock

Fuller's Earth would work as well! For those who don't know it's a tan powder used in movies to simulate dust and dirt. It would work well on the brim of the hat and the jacket, pants & shoes. It wipes off easily with a damp cloth.

I hope no one will mind a quick question about the technique...I've seen many people mention 'water treatment' and then we have pictures here of the jacket after some hot water application. Indy's one of my very few 12" figures and I've never tried distressing or weathering any before. So would you mind describing in greater detail the process of distressing the jacket.

I doubt I could mess up and make it melt or anything :)...but I'd like to know as much as I could before I attempted it.

All I did was wet the jacket down with hot water, wring it with my hands, wad it up into a ball, and let it dry. The "water treatment" people speak of is wetting the clothes down on the doll so the clothes drape better. There's a tutorial on rebelscum.com. Do a search for water treatment.

Hi everybody, I'm new around here. I just had a quick question.

What is the best way to switch Sideshow Indy to a Truetype body? As people have mentioned, the boots do not fit at all. The hands themselves (not the ball part) will fit on the TT, but are loose (at least for me). The hole in the SS hands are just slightly bigger it seems.

I was just looking for some good advice in regards to this. If this has been posted earlier, just point me in the right direction. Thanks!

Paul

Hi everybody, I'm new around here. I just had a quick question.

What is the best way to switch Sideshow Indy to a Truetype body? As people have mentioned, the boots do not fit at all. The hands themselves (not the ball part) will fit on the TT, but are loose (at least for me). The hole in the SS hands are just slightly bigger it seems.

I was just looking for some good advice in regards to this. If this has been posted earlier, just point me in the right direction. Thanks!

Paul

Actually, I've been giving this a bit of though while experimenting with how Indy looks on a TT. Has anybody tried gluing the socket cups from HT feet into the boots?

On the map room clothes-is that a decent price to pay for the head wrap and robe? I don't know and my wife wants a chance to give it a try first.

On the map room clothes-is that a decent price to pay for the head wrap and robe? I don't know and my wife wants a chance to give it a try first.

Doesn't sound too bad to me and they look great, thanks for the pics. I may still give it a try myself first, just because I like doing that kind of stuff, but in the end I will probably order a set.

**EDIT** Wait a sec, I just checked out the site and that is $27.99 for the robe only! I thought the head wrap was included. On second thought, I'm not so sure. I have a spare Obi-Wan robe I was thinking of using and that whole figure cost me less than that. He does have some great stuff on his site though, wish I had known about it when I was putting my custom Indy together.

Last edited:
I'm not sure how to handle the boots. I was thinking of glueing them, but didn't know if there was some better way.

Does Medicom Indy's boots come off? I was going to get one of those for the relics, maybe the boots will be useful, too.

I was planning on slapping my other head on a true-type to make a Temple of Doom Indy. I thought I had heard that someone out there made arm covers for figures. Does anyone know anything about these, or where I could pick them up?

Back