1/6 Indy Customizations: Image Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have stopped showing enthusiasm for 3D modelling in regards to 1/6th scale heads. Regardless of how good the work is, talented the artist is, you need to see it printed in solid form before knowing if it's worth getting excited about or not. WGP Indy heads looked great as well, but the final product was severely lacking.

He looks a little scared. And blocky.

I agree. Great work, but something still off with the face proportions.

WGP's problem is that they have to outsource for printing and casting so they have no control over what they get back. Beastmaster looks to be able to do the majority of things his end so quality can always be monitored.

WGP's problem is that they have to outsource for printing and casting so they have no control over what they get back. Beastmaster looks to be able to do the majority of things his end so quality can always be monitored.

Yeah, sure. But I still won't get excited about a digital sculpt (not knocking the skill and artistry involved in any way). I have seen very few CG models transfer well to reality. Show me a beautiful piece of plastic or resin!

Yeah, sure. But I still won't get excited about a digital sculpt (not knocking the skill and artistry involved in any way). I have seen very few CG models transfer well to reality. Show me a beautiful piece of plastic or resin!

I know what you mean, but, you only have to look at Nathan Drake to see that even a traditionally sculpted head can go awry when badly moulded and cast.

Thanks guys, feedback is great :) its funny as last night my brain convinced me it looked better, then seeing it this morning made me think otherwise. There are some improvements to the facial features so I think with a few more tweaks he should be there. The old version is ok, though I wanted more facial expression. Gonna tweak some more tonight. Ford is definitely a challenge, though its fun to try and break the likeness curse :D

I think you've come the closest of anybody with this one:

indyhat3.jpg

Maybe you could tweak the expression a bit, but the basics I think are already there. :)

Oh ye of little faith. That style that DAM do isn't everyone's cup of tea, Indy fans want Indy and that is Harrison Ford.

:goodpost:

If you start at the boots and work your way up, those DAM gangsters look good. Then the cartoon head goes and ruins it!

Still waiting for a TOD Indy with much improved realistic head sculpt.

Oh ye of little faith. That style that DAM do isn't everyone's cup of tea, Indy fans want Indy and that is Harrison Ford.

It just isn't meant to be man. Even the most recent CG mock-up looks great. But during printing or casting or painting it will be lost.

The man, the legend....he is an elusive beast.

Back