1/6 Indy Customizations: Image Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here some pics from my custom Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom almost finished... Hope you like ;)

INDI1.jpg
INDI2.jpg
INDI3.jpg
INDI4.jpg
INDI5.jpg
INDI6.jpg
INDI7.jpg

Here's a manipulation pic of my custom Indy again using a mix of HT and SS clothes and parts along with a Sovereign Studio Jacket. I repainted the face on the HT head sculpt.

10386783_365718716939539_5435509528582672429_n.jpg

Joebizz is an awesome customizer! :lecture

I really do enjoy seeing your work being posted on here and the details you put in your figures is totally eye catching.

That Sovereign jacket is just the best, ain't it? I haven't seen anything yet to match it, including the Kato jacket.
Oh yeah that jacket is still awesome to this day. As far as capturing that right Raiders look with the correct color and what have you, I would agree that the Soverein jacket still holds up as one of the top dogs. I would say where Kato's jacket beats it is in quality and actually being real leather. So on one hand the Sovereign jacket wins for accurracy but Kato's wins for realism and quality. I have both and will be building up another Indy using Kato's set. It will be interesting to see the difference in looks side by side.

Apparently, you do need to give it a blast with Febrize as wasn't the guy that did the Sovereign stuff a heavy smoker? Fresh leather and resin are much more pleasant wafts when you open a box. (Or is that just me!?)

My Kato jacket does have that new leather smell that is awesome. LOL...my Sovereign jacket didn't smell like anything. But regardless I was judging them on the look and not how they smell.

I bought my Sovereign jacket off of someone else who owned it for a while so not sure if it had smelled like cigarettes originally? But since I have had it there is no smell of any kind coming off the jacket.

It's a shame that ordering the Sovereign jackets were fraught with difficulties.. I do not know what his exact personal issues were, but there were consistent problems with delivery etc… He could have been a substantial staple to the collecting community had the issues been ironed out…. I would love to find a local seamstress with serious talent take the helm on this...

I missed all that with the sovereign problems, got mine from a fellow boardie. You know what? I still think it's the best raiders jacket, that I have seen anyway. I don't have Katos new one but I do have his previous version. I don't know the sovereign just looks real and Raiders like. I think its the scale of the waxed fabric, it looks sharper and more 1/6 than real leather. I know Katos work is miniature art, just the simplicity of the Sovereign beats it this time I think.

Just thinking, this thread has been going for 809 pages and in that time there have only been 3 commercially available Indy figures that we could consider high end with a possible 4th on the way with the SSC TOD figure. Not many really...

Just thinking, this thread has been going for 809 pages and in that time there have only been 3 commercially available Indy figures that we could consider high end with a possible 4th on the way with the SSC TOD figure. Not many really...

A crappy anorexic Medicom, a floppy bobble-headed Sideshow, and a Hot Toys impersonator.

Fourth time lucky?

Back