1/6 Indy Customizations: Image Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Considering selling my Kato V1 set. Complete with HT satchel, leather belt, gun holster, and boots. PM me if interested.

I wish I could but after seeing and hearing about the SDCC reveals I have a feeling I have no money.

You custom Indy looks awesome by the way.

Pixel - I actually remember when Dave made that post. . . . ah the memories.

Not really custom news (and sorry if this has been mentioned already), but I just learned from a very reliable source, that there will be a 1/6 TOD Indy from Sideshow at their booth at comic con!

:impatient:

:impatient:

:gah:

Just presenting all sides. I don't think anyone is anything but chill.

annihilate22, not sure what you're reacting to. Thanks for posting a link to the thread to confirm that someone was indeed stealing someone else's work. No need to take offense to me pointing out that Dave also commented in that same thread that selling recasts is not OK.

Double standards?

I wonder if you pay Lucasfilm (now Disney) royalties for profiting off lightsabers which they have IP rights on.

Read: https://edition.cnn.com/2010/TECH/gaming.gadgets/07/06/light.saber.lucas/index.html

Really? That's pretty low and uninformed. I'm selling custom electronics fitted to customers' licensed parts. I'm modifying original Sideshow, Medicom, Hot Toys parts, not selling re-casts or my own knock-off parts. Everything I'm selling is engineered and assembled by myself from scratch. I'm not carbon copying anything which is the case of recasting someone else's original sculpture. Sorry if you don't see the thousand mile difference there.

You are modding something into an end product that you don't have the right to sell. Basically you're profiting off someone else's hardwork and idea which they have a right to and you don't.

You may term it whatever you please but know this, don't call out someone and label them a thief when you resort to similar 'thieving' tactics.

You are modding something into an end product that you don't have the right to sell.
You may term it whatever you please but know this, don't call out someone and label them a thief when you resort to similar 'thieving' tactics.

Hold. on. a second. I'm still laughing. So hard. I'm giving you rep for this hilarity. What horse do you have in this race, what's your angle? Are you selling knock-off sculpts? Best friends with the counterfeiter? I'm here because I have a 1/6 Indy, am interested in mods and because I absolutely love the custom and original work being done by others.

Do me a favor, call up Hasbro (master license holder), Sideshow, Hot Toys, LFL and Disney and send them a link to my sales thread please. I'd love to know what they think.

Last edited:
Pixelpiper said:
What horse do you have in this race, what's your angle?

Is that what would make me eligible to comment ? Last I heard this was an open forum.

Pixelpiper said:
Are you selling knock-off sculpts? Best friends with the counterfeiter? I'm here because I have a 1/6 Indy, am interested in mods and because I absolutely love the custom and original work being done by others.

I actually see a trend in your posts now, seems like this is your modus operandi. The minute your morals/ethics are challenged - the person on the other side has to be a thief or inferior in a plethora of ways as described by your warped logic.

I commented to let you know that you must treat others with respect, this is not a place where you come in and talk trash. Of course, it was also to make that 'conscience' of your's reinforced with 20 inches of concrete aware that you swim in the same pond which you often throw others in.

You keep up this constant preach of how superior your ethics are, whom do you think you are - Gandhi ?

Is that what would make me eligible to comment ? Last I heard this was an open forum.

It's not about eligibility it's a question to ascertain why you got so bent out of shape when it was simply pointed out that what someone else did was absolutely against the rules of this forum and a form of IP theft (copyright theft). If it's a matter of respect, I'll only ask you to kindly go back to re-read the posts if you'd care to and possibly to follow your own advice. I feel that everyone, including myself have been quite respectful, but only one person has been slinging mud here.

I don't need to throw anyone into any ponds when there are already rules in place to call them out. If you can't see the obvious here, nor the difference between original works and those produced by a photocopier, then I can't help you except to say this isn't the avenue to get into a deep discussion on the subject. I was hoping that the clear pointer to Dave's posts explaining the board's position were enough, but apparently not.

You just reaffirmed what I stated above, thank you. Anyway, I know you'll be on like a broken record till the other side stops and there's no merit in derailing this thread further.

You can have the last word, which I know you must be dying to anyway.

Damm what useless discussion. But i have to agree at one point though. The lightsaber mod was created and shared by someone else. It's the same as using the same parts and replicating an engine. So pixel and nate owe money to the 'inventer'. And yeah you're gonna say he should have documented it legally blabla. I know you read up on everything and come up with an answer. We pm'd before and you're a nice guy i recon, but i think what's anni (lol) trying to say is don't get into everyones face the second that something happens which is an outrage in your world. People know the rules and will agree to them or try to break them with or without your approval. Just try to be bit more relaxt and get off yhe rightious horse from time to time. Like i said, you seem nice and i think you bring a lot of good discussion to the table, but stop the pointy finger of brainy smurf. No offence.

Best,

Robert

It's funny because that pic that Marf just posted is sporting the same head sculpt and many others have showed the same one over the years without anybody saying a word. The minute I show mine that I've had sitting around forever, people start to make comments about something that was a hot topic like 3 years ago and no one cares about anymore. So do I feel bad about showing mine at this point in time? Nope.

Kato Raiders jacket TAKE 2.

Before

I usually get so annoyed at people quoting posts with pics... but I cannot stop looking at this... marf... good god... he's amazing!!!!!! I have a horse-hide raiders jacket from Wested... and it looks like your little indy stole my jacket. it's just stunning!!!!!

I usually get so annoyed at people quoting posts with pics... but I cannot stop looking at this... marf... good god... he's amazing!!!!!! I have a horse-hide raiders jacket from Wested... and it looks like your little indy stole my jacket. it's just stunning!!!!!

Thanks, rhboyd, really happy with how it turned out after my mods! :)

It's funny because that pic that Marf just posted is sporting the same head sculpt and many others have showed the same one over the years without anybody saying a word. The minute I show mine that I've had sitting around forever, people start to make comments about something that was a hot topic like 3 years ago and no one cares about anymore. So do I feel bad about showing mine at this point in time? Nope.

Joe, no one made a comment about your post at all actually, nor specifically about your own copy of the sculpt. I keep long page settings in the forum and the whole discussion is still just on the previous page, the new page having just started. bmarz just simply asked about whether or not this sculpt, which a number of people have shown recently including the post right before yours, is considered a re-cast. He even stated plainly that he wasn't trying to stir the pot. But that seems to always happen when the subject of recasting comes around, so it's better to be prepared for it. ;)

So, cool looking paint up if no one else has complimented you on it yet.

Back