1/6 Indy Customizations: Image Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is that what would make me eligible to comment ? Last I heard this was an open forum.

I actually see a trend in your posts now, seems like this is your modus operandi. The minute your morals/ethics are challenged - the person on the other side has to be a thief or inferior in a plethora of ways as described by your warped logic.

I commented to let you know that you must treat others with respect, this is not a place where you come in and talk trash. Of course, it was also to make that 'conscience' of your's reinforced with 20 inches of concrete aware that you swim in the same pond which you often throw others in.

You keep up this constant preach of how superior your ethics are, whom do you think you are - Gandhi ?
:clap: :lol

Hmm, I have a feeling a stalker has made an appearance in this thread. I just can't keep some fans at bay.

Marf - I have to say that the silhouette of your Indy really conveys the character like no other. I love the wrinkling you've got into the sleeves as well. :duff

Marf - I have to say that the silhouette of your Indy really conveys the character like no other. I love the wrinkling you've got into the sleeves as well. :duff

Looks much better Dane, did you oil it to make it darker?
:rock

Thanks, fellas! :)

Rory, I actually used a flat black acrylic paint designed especially for leather, because the Pecard's just wasn't getting it as dark as I wanted, no matter how much I applied. :gah: I diluted it quite a bit and applied thin washes until I got the color I was after. It was a nerve-wracking experience, but worth it in the end!

Thanks, fellas! :)

Rory, I actually used a flat black acrylic paint designed especially for leather, because the Pecard's just wasn't getting it as dark as I wanted, no matter how much I applied. :gah: I diluted it quite a bit and applied thin washes until I got the color I was after. It was a nerve-wracking experience, but worth it in the end!

Well it was worth it! Looks great.

Joe, no one made a comment about your post at all actually, nor specifically about your own copy of the sculpt. I keep long page settings in the forum and the whole discussion is still just on the previous page, the new page having just started. bmarz just simply asked about whether or not this sculpt, which a number of people have shown recently including the post right before yours, is considered a re-cast. He even stated plainly that he wasn't trying to stir the pot. But that seems to always happen when the subject of recasting comes around, so it's better to be prepared for it. ;)

So, cool looking paint up if no one else has complimented you on it yet.

I know exactly who made the comment. Not anywhere in my reply did I mention that I was responding directly to you. So if you aren't the one stirring the pot, why did you assume my reply was directly relating to what you wrote? :)

Oh and by the way...thanks.

I know exactly who made the comment. Not anywhere in my reply did I mention that I was responding directly to you. So if you aren't the one stirring the pot, why did you assume my reply was directly relating to what you wrote? :)

I didn't assume that, so no worries there. I wasn't replying as if you had been referring to me, but as an observer/third party, to make it clear that I didn't perceive anyone singling you out.

Oh and by the way...thanks.

You're welcome.

Kato Raiders jacket TAKE 2.
_MG_9684_zpsc0f1ccbf.jpg

Man, you've got balls of steel to take a paintbrush to your jacket. Looks fantastic. I'm not sure I could bring myself to do it, but you've nailed it.

Great to see Marf. All of these customs got me back in the mood for starting mine again. Got Kato's set today and love it. Still have the old jacket from a couple years ago, but this time round also got the shirt and pants and new jacket.

I even did the DX05 mod. Only been about two years to get round to do it. Ignore uneven eyes, as i haven't put it back together yet.

001_1_zps61661497.jpg

Cheers. Not the hat.

Took the face apart, and did the guy liner mod, i.e. removed it. Just doing that alone improves the DX05 no end.

The PERS system opens the face up, so by either taking some out of the inside of the face or outside of the PERS system itself, makes the face slightly narrower.

Took as much black liner out of the top of the eye lid and anywhere else it looked dark.

Cheers. Not the hat.

Took the face apart, and did the guy liner mod, i.e. removed it. Just doing that alone improves the DX05 no end.

The PERS system opens the face up, so by either taking some out of the inside of the face or outside of the PERS system itself, makes the face slightly narrower.

Took as much black liner out of the top of the eye lid and anywhere else it looked dark.

Smart, I hadn't heard of removing part of the PERS... just like what's been done to mod the Drake figure. Well done :rock

Thanks, Gavin, your stamp of approval means a lot! :1-1:

Hey thanks Dane. Like Rhboyd said, my cowhide Wested looks just like your kato jacket, it's uncanny really. Even down to the sleeves. I took a trip to the Wested barn for a fitting a couple of years ago and I know Peter B would really get a kick out of seeing your bash.

Still a WIP, but not long now hopefully. Need to update a couple things and might darken the jacket, undecided yet.

The DX05 sculpt is never going to be perfect, but with some work you can improve it tenfold.

008_1_zpsa467f3d4.jpg

005_1_zpsd0f406fd.jpg

Guy liner gone for good.

006_1_zps20a2c52c.jpg

That looks amazing! I have to have that done to my HT Indy sculpts!

My only suggestion is to iron out the creases in his pants as he didn't have them.

The HT sculpt benefits massively from taking out the entire Pers box and shaving it down, cut the chin peg out completely, I've been heating and reshaping the heads now since they came out. The other thing worth doing is adding a little bit of red to the face it kills that tan/cream look he has.

Back