1/6 Indy Customizations: Image Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Totally agree on the HT collar. A little dab of glue fixes the problem instantaneously.

That's true... Well since I do not have the HT coat either at the moment since I used it for something else, I will deal. However after taking in what you said and comparing the jacket to the other SS jacket I have that is improved as far as looking less like a wind breaker like you put it, I came up with a new plan. If it works out, I will post new pics soon.

Hi ron,

Wonder what you'll bring us next. Good luck with your recovery. Hope it's not too serious.

Guys beautiful work on all the Indy's. Once I'm up and about from surgery I'll be starting on a 1/6 map room like I did with the 3-3/4" version I did a while back.

Ron

Best,

Robert

Thanks Mad!! May I ask your opinion on which jacket you like better between the 2 I showed?

That's a tough one, joe! They both have their pros and cons! The Raiders jacket has a nice thin quality to it, which makes it hang nicely and look like it's more in scale. The dark color is nice too. But the cut it a little odd, and sometimes the material can look particularly NOT like leather. The Kingdom jacket has a great material to it, and you did a great job weathering it. But it is a touch too thick, which gives away the scale and ruins the illusion.

I think I may be leaning towards the Kingdom jacket. It does look great in your pics. I wonder if maybe slimming down the sleeves so they fit the arms better might help a little? Right now they are too roomy, which makes the jacket look more poofy. The stitch down the front zipper also looks very poofy, but I don't know if there's much you can do about that.

Great job though!

That's a tough one, joe! They both have their pros and cons! The Raiders jacket has a nice thin quality to it, which makes it hang nicely and look like it's more in scale. The dark color is nice too. But the cut it a little odd, and sometimes the material can look particularly NOT like leather. The Kingdom jacket has a great material to it, and you did a great job weathering it. But it is a touch too thick, which gives away the scale and ruins the illusion.

I think I may be leaning towards the Kingdom jacket. It does look great in your pics. I wonder if maybe slimming down the sleeves so they fit the arms better might help a little? Right now they are too roomy, which makes the jacket look more poofy. The stitch down the front zipper also looks very poofy, but I don't know if there's much you can do about that.

Great job though!

Thanks for the input!! I did remove the lining from the Kingdom jacket originally to try and thin it down like you said but I will look into the sleeves more as well like you suggested. Also, I have been working on the jacket more to improve the overall look. So we'll see what happens. I will post updated pics soon!!

Ok I re-worked a second SS jacket I had laying around that was better quality overall then the older one. This was the jacket that came with the Crystal Skull Indy by SS a few years later. I used weathering powder and sandpaper to get the right worn leather look I wanted. At least it is as close as I can get. :)

13220109775_4364210a38_b.jpg

13220103475_35420e67b3_b.jpg

13220257843_1420a3e0eb_b.jpg

13220240223_ec6a6f9e3a_b.jpg

Yeah, looks great, Joe! Great job weathering!

Thanks Mad...I have to say that I didn't think I could get that jacket looking any better then I already did but I am happy with how it came out and it certainly fills the void enough for me for now. :)

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Heya, any recommendations on pants for Indy if you can't get ahold of the Sideshow or Hot Toys one?

Or anyone out their looking to part with a pair of either?

Heya, any recommendations on pants for Indy if you can't get ahold of the Sideshow or Hot Toys one?

Or anyone out their looking to part with a pair of either?

There is a Wild Toys brown jacket and tan colored pants set that sort of is a Indy knockoff outfit. The coat wouldn't work but the pants could do the trick. There are a lot of them up on eBay.

Thanks, I'll look into it... I just need a pair of pants for the City of Tarnis bash :duff

Oh, and Joebizz, I prefer the 2nd jacket :duff

Thanks, I'll look into it... I just need a pair of pants for the City of Tarnis bash :duff

Oh, and Joebizz, I prefer the 2nd jacket :duff

Thanks and that is the one I went with. That's the great thing about this forum. It's nice to get feedback for help. :)

Love what you did with the CS jacket! I always thought that one was made well from nice materials and with a little weathering (and less lining) would make an excellent Raiders jacket!

Back