1/6 Indy Customizations: Image Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Shorty, you have one of the best Indy's around for sure. Heres my current setup, just bought this Young Indy off Silentsurfer. his paint is amazing on it, really shows the greatness of the sculpt. Josh Small did my Indy, with the HT hat

DSC_0122_zps4dfc90f7.jpg

DSC_0124_zps5eb27c91.jpg

DSC_0126_zps272ab6f0.jpg

DSC_0127_zpsfde931cc.jpg

I wouldn't worry about it, ShortRound. Looks great. Better than the shrunken PF hat for sure.

Oh I'm not worried. Perfectly happy with the hat. Thanks man. :)

Stellar looking figure all-around! I don't know about anyone else, but I love seeing small details, like buttons, in scale.

Thank you Pixel. Glad that you noticed. Kato's buttons just weren't doing it for me. Those are off a DID shirt modded and repainted. :)

Shorty, you have one of the best Indy's around for sure. Heres my current setup, just bought this Young Indy off Silentsurfer. his paint is amazing on it, really shows the greatness of the sculpt. Josh Small did my Indy, with the HT hat

DSC_0122_zps4dfc90f7.jpg

DSC_0124_zps5eb27c91.jpg

DSC_0126_zps272ab6f0.jpg

DSC_0127_zpsfde931cc.jpg

Thanks.
Those are great Chili. I wanted that young Indy so bad. Congrats on that. They both look amazing. :)

There's something about the size and sit of the HT hat that has never looked right to me. I'd still mod the SSC hat. Great looking repaint though and the young Indy looks brilliant.

Here is my re-worked Hot Toys/SS Indy that I just completed. The jacket and pants were replaced with the Sideshow ones mainly because I never liked the Hot Toys jacket and the pants fit better and are baggier. I like that the SS jacket is darker in color. I do not have access to getting a hold of Kato's jacket or any other of Indy's clothing done by him, or anyone else like Sovereign Studios or what have you. So I figured it would be fun to try and make a great looking Indy with what I have. I re-worked and weathered the shirt and pants along with repainting the head sculpt. I also re-worked his shoulders a bit to broaden them slightly. I think for what it is, he looks a lot better at least for my taste...:)

13159093865_a7d7ccb93f_b.jpg

13159103165_0aa2b9877c_c.jpg

13159222913_eb25581998_b.jpg

13159222193_c7bd991c45_b.jpg

13159087385_3b45ea6002_b.jpg

13159376094_e13b0fca87_b.jpg

13159209113_6121cb9c49_c.jpg

13159378174_10f4a7811c_b.jpg

My Indy with his new hat. Changed it from the original PF shrunken hat to the SS KOTCS hat. Big thank you to Rahmier for painting the hat and doing a little touch up work. Just love the way it came out.

IMG_5214_zpsca7aa095.jpg

You made the right call, homie, he looks fantastic! :rock

DSC_0122_zps4dfc90f7.jpg

I don't think I've ever seen your Indy, Chili, but he looks amazing! I really like the HT Fedora on the SS sculpt. And that young Indy...they look spectacular together.

13159096875_e0c6681995_b.jpg

Love the lighting here. :clap

You made the right call, homie, he looks fantastic! :rock

I don't think I've ever seen your Indy, Chili, but he looks amazing! I really like the HT Fedora on the SS sculpt. And that young Indy...they look spectacular together.

13159096875_e0c6681995_b.jpg

Love the lighting here. :clap

Thanks Marf!! I heard rumors that Kato may do a Raiders run someday. I will definitely jump on that to upgrade my Indy further. However until then, I can live with what I have done here. Basically since I do not have a choice. :lol

These both look spectacular!

Fantastic light! Really brings your great figure to life!!! Well done all around!

Thank you!! I worked hard on trying to bring out a better Indy all around. I just wanted to point out to anyone wondering, I did repaint the eyebrows to reshape the expression a bit. Someone asked me if that was on purpose or if I missed spots on the brown paint. I mimicked another Indy that was repainted a bit and it seems that when you reshape the eyebrows a little, it changes the expression on his face slightly and enhances the Ford look. So I went with that method on mine. Of course when it is magnified by a camera that much, you can make out things that normally is not noticed to the naked eye looking at a small 1/6 sized face. :lol

With some work the HT jacket can look pretty damn good in my opinion, especially when compared to the older, windbreaker-esque SS version. This is coming from someone who owns a full Kato set.

With some work the HT jacket can look pretty damn good in my opinion, especially when compared to the older, windbreaker-esque SS version. This is coming from someone who owns a full Kato set.

Well what I hate most about the HT one is how the collar on top flaps upwards. It makes the jacket look really cheap. I like the color of the SS jacket more and how the collar is neatly folded down. However to each their own!! For me, I'm happy with the way he looks for now until something better comes along down the road.

Let me put this out there and compare for those who do not like the older SS jacket. Originally when I was putting this Indy together, I first was using the newer SS Indy jacket that was from the Crystal Skull figure. I had re-weathered a bit as well. Here are a couple of WIP pics I had taken with my phone when I was working on him using this other jacket. I had taken the lining out of the jacket as well to thin it down a bit. Do you guys think this jacket is better then the one I went with shown in the pics and vid above?

13173703923_67c1b8bbef_c.jpg

13173854874_c67b0b6a18_c.jpg

Back