1/6 INART (Queen Studio) - The Dark Knight - Joker Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Let me make some crazy bets in the stock market so I can buy another Queen Studios release.

giphy.gif

I honestly wouldn't be happy with the sculpted version. If you look at all the close up shots, the hair seams are very noticeable. HT actually have done a better job with the transition at the hairline. These sculpts were clearly designed to be rooted and not have plastic noodles plugged in. QS should've resculpted the hairline for the sculpted ver.

Last edited:
Looking at all previous 1/6th HT Jokers, I'd have to say the Queen sculpted hair is the best looking. I don't see the seam at normal viewing distance... and really have to look to find it.

In fact I had no idea it was there until someone posted a close-up picture of it. But there will have to be some sort of seam in order to have access to the movable eyes.

I’m not too familiar with Danoby, I may have seen a video or two of his...but I’ve seen his name mentioned here and on FB a couple of times.

Is he a HT super fan? He’s gotta be right? He’s so certain HT will release their version and it’ll be better than QS...
From what I've seen and been told he's a huge fan and shill of Hot Toys and is usually way more critical and skeptical torwards other brands, he thinks HT is dropping Joker 3.0 any day now, well maybe after that K-2SO repaint lol.

I damn you for putting that idea in my head. For me it would purely be as a backup if the rooted hair is either a disaster or later turns into a disaster over time.

Are you saying the figure might go bald eventually? I already worry about losing my hair, but now I have to worry about my little Ledger doll going bald too. Oh brother, we're both going to be getting transplants in 15 years. I'll walk into the doctor's office with my little bald Joker figure for a consultation. :LOL:

I honestly wouldn't be happy with the sculpted version. If you look at all the close up shots, the hair seams are very noticeable. HT actually have done a better job with the transition at the hairline. These sculpts were clearly designed to be rooted and not have plastic noodles plugged in. QS should've resculpted the hairline for the sculpted ver.
I think the side ones are more noticeable than the ones on top, still better than the HT 1/4 Joker where he has that seam right down the middle of his head and the hair doesn't even look right. I think the hair strands themselves could definitely be sculpted with more lines in order to relicate hair more accurately but it looks better than Hot Toys previous attempts, not to bash on them ofc, the DX11 hair was extremely impressive for it's time, and I'm sure HT can do better now if they care to put in the effort.

From what I've seen and been told he's a huge fan and shill of Hot Toys and is usually way more critical and skeptical torwards other brands, he thinks HT is dropping Joker 3.0 any day now, well maybe after that K-2SO repaint lol.
Sigh...

It’s nice to be a fan of something...but when you can’t even criticize that thing because of some blind loyalty...

Ugh, so cringe!

I dunno this just looks like a bad afterthought to me. It will be noticeable on the top shelf under display lighting. Just an area QS could improve on. But whatever I've gone with rooted anyways.

View attachment 568662
Thanks for the pic dominishin, I see what you are saying.

But, personally I don't think that will bother me because I doubt that I will even notice that with my naked eyes. This level of magnification is pretty high in this photo. But of course once you know something is there you are much more likely to see it. I think for some of you younger guys it may be an issue but I doubt that my 50yo eyes will be bothered by this :)

Speaking of eyes, his look great...extremely menacing!!!!

Sigh...

It’s nice to be a fan of something...but when you can’t even criticize that thing because of some blind loyalty...

Ugh, so cringe!
He's so delusional he says this piece will never be a grail and will sit at most retailers, again I don't know the guy, I've only seen some of his streams and videos but he comes across extremely narcissistic and petty torwards anything that isn't Hot Toys, lots of toxicity being thrown everyone.

He's so delusional he says this piece will never be a grail and will sit at most retailers, again I don't know the guy, I've only seen some of his streams and videos but he comes across extremely narcissistic and petty torwards anything that isn't Hot Toys, lots of toxicity being thrown everyone.

Holy $#!t...

I mean...he’s entitled to his opinion...

But...yeah, he’s got issues.

Back