1/6 INART (Queen Studio) - The Dark Knight - Joker Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
and C3PO
175607ro1kojzi1klzw7lj.jpg

I was referring to the posts that were annoyed about the polls including marvel and SW...it’s a necessary “evil” if we hope for QS to stick around Y’know?

As for the Chinese market...I’m sure RRX can elaborate, but when I lived there for 6 years, I can tell you without a doubt that anything pop culture wise from the 70s, 80s, 90s is almost non existent. There’s only a SMALL percentage of people that are familiar with things like predator, terminator, Godfather and a few more I can’t think of at the moment. But I’m sure you get the idea.

Which is why I said in an earlier post that if we want to see any of the burton Batman’s and rogues, it won’t be for a long while because they need to get bigger and their brand name needs to have more awareness...on a global level at the very least. Because those figures will ONLY appeal to the western market, much like how SW is only going to appeal to the western market.

Side note, when HT DX two pack of luke was released back then, I was able to get it MONTHS after it released, MSRP too. That should explain SW popularity in China haha.

Oh and edit- yeah, POTC will definitely be one of the heavy hitters I alluded to.
The chinese market can be tricky and sales will usually depend on a number of factors, however the MCU and the Snyderverse seem to be the most popular IPs over there and what people buy the most, Star Wars sells the most overseas, needless to say third parties are also big there and you see a lot of people kitbashing their figures with them because it's cheaper.

I have to agree that pop culture movies from the 70's - 90's don't sell as well as they do overseas, because a lot of people there haven't seen those movies, I think Back to The Future is probably one of the most popular and that still never sells as much as an Iron Man for example.

However I think people are getting more interested in other niche lines due to the market being so saturated with the same thing for so long, for example third party video game figures are doing very well over there as well as overseas, I think it's due to the fact that video games are becoming more main stream than they used to be and Queen is aware of this which is why they've expressed their interest in doing game stuff.

Queen's strategy right now is to put out figures from the most popular IPs in China, Batman and the like and also throw a bone to the western market by doing figures that have been requested for years, this way they'll be able to balance their lines and profit from both markets, releasing the Joker first was a great decision since it's a character that sells all over the world, I guess only time will tell if they truly plan on following their plan of releasing the big hitters first and then move on to side characters which are more risky to make, it's an honorable goal but as we've seen with Hot Toys it never really pays off and those characters will never sell as well as the main and most popular characters, case in point Gilgamesh, Hot Toys has enough money to justify making it but it will never sell, Queen doesn't have the luxury of doing stuff like that yet and probably won't for some years.

Also, why was Alfred so annoyed about the prospect of having to rub suntan lotion all over a hot Russian ballerina?
Because Afred's a straight up pimp. He's been there and done that. In Alfred's world, hot Russian ballerinas rub suntan lotion all over him.

Getting saddled with that task? What a drag man.

Really going back and forth on this one as ended up selling the Hot Toys DX buuut I also always regretted that choice. So ultimately I just had to back it and ended up going deluxe. Never spent that much on a figure but since its a two pack its easy to soften the blow a bit ;)

The chinese market can be tricky and sales will usually depend on a number of factors, however the MCU and the Snyderverse seem to be the most popular IPs over there and what people buy the most, Star Wars sells the most overseas, needless to say third parties are also big there and you see a lot of people kitbashing their figures with them because it's cheaper.

I have to agree that pop culture movies from the 70's - 90's don't sell as well as they do overseas, because a lot of people there haven't seen those movies, I think Back to The Future is probably one of the most popular and that still never sells as much as an Iron Man for example.

However I think people are getting more interested in other niche lines due to the market being so saturated with the same thing for so long, for example third party video game figures are doing very well over there as well as overseas, I think it's due to the fact that video games are becoming more main stream than they used to be and Queen is aware of this which is why they've expressed their interest in doing game stuff.

Queen's strategy right now is to put out figures from the most popular IPs in China, Batman and the like and also throw a bone to the western market by doing figures that have been requested for years, this way they'll be able to balance their lines and profit from both markets, releasing the Joker first was a great decision since it's a character that sells all over the world, I guess only time will tell if they truly plan on following their plan of releasing the big hitters first and then move on to side characters which are more risky to make, it's an honorable goal but as we've seen with Hot Toys it never really pays off and those characters will never sell as well as the main and most popular characters, case in point Gilgamesh, Hot Toys has enough money to justify making it but it will never sell, Queen doesn't have the luxury of doing stuff like that yet and probably won't for some years.

Yup, there ya go. I appreciate the reply.

I don’t necessarily agree with BTTF being popular in China however. Now what I’m about to say is purely anecdotal:

During my stay there, I often held movie nights (to show them western movies) to some friends of varying age groups and only 1 HEARD of BTTF, but still never saw it. and when you factor how long it took for HT to make BTTF 2 Marty and the godawful Doc brown...I’d say BTTF is another one of those franchises that’s only popular overseas.

I could be wrong though seeing as how you have a more recent POV of the China market. Maybe it’s gained popularity over the years.

...Hot Toys where is the Ripley Powerloader V.2 you promised?

Watched Danoby's channel where he basically said that H.C. will release a better Joker DX V3

Well H.C. do you feel lucky...?

lol
Danoby is welcome to his own opinion, but imo he was way too bullish with regards to his predictions on what Hot Toys will do in response. There’s no evidence and while it is possible that they may respond, the necessary lead time in order to produce a high end figure isn’t so short a time frame. And unfortunately their recent Nolan re/releases and 1/4 scale ‘attempts’ have not been all that well received.

Yup, there ya go. I appreciate the reply.

I don’t necessarily agree with BTTF being popular in China however. Now what I’m about to say is purely anecdotal:

During my stay there, I often held movie nights (to show them western movies) to some friends of varying age groups and only 1 HEARD of BTTF, but still never saw it. and when you factor how long it took for HT to make BTTF 2 Marty and the godawful Doc brown...I’d say BTTF is another one of those franchises that’s only popular overseas.

I could be wrong though seeing as how you have a more recent POV of the China market. Maybe it’s gained popularity over the years.
I've definitely seen some people talking about the DeLorean. Marty and Doc on chinese forums and such more recently than other licenses you mentioned, but i's just that, it probably gained a bit of popularity after Hot Toys came out with the figures, however it's definitely not that popular, the market is still dominated by MCU and DC, perhaps with Queen putting out more 80's and 90's stuff we could see a resurgence of interest in those type of figures but we never know, Hot Toys pretty much drove away everyone that collected those lines when they began focusing only on the superhero stuff.

I have the 1/3 scale Queen Batman and Joker set, and while I’m ‘okay’ with them, I learned many years ago not to argue with anyones criticisms when it came to Ledger Joker and any Batman collectable.

I don’t really visit this forum all too much anymore but from reading this thread I wasn’t aware of the negativity for the Marvel and Star Wars figures that Hot Toys keeps on producing. But then I’m bigger Marvel fanboy so I don’t mind them producing so much from the MCU. And I would like for Queen (licensing permitting) to produce some of the more central MCU characters.

I know it’s not exactly on topic but heck I would love for a licensed Iron Man which was powered from a central location etc.

Last edited:
If you feel bad about something like spending $1000 on a figgure remember that katie holmes turn down tdk to do the film "mad money"

Queen won't be able to manage that. Not even their statues have one location to turn on lights, it's all in different spots.

If you feel bad about something like spending $1000 on a figgure remember that katie holmes turn down tdk to do the film "mad money"
You have to remember that even back then lowly actors still looked down on comic book related movies. Not that that opinion has completely disappeared even now.

Queen won't be able to manage that. Not even their statues have one location to turn on lights, it's all in different spots.

Damn that just reminded me of not just their busts (which I have) but I just saw an unboxing of their 1/4 scale Mark 50 I think and it looked like they were using something akin to a torchlight! insert for their centre arc reactor.

It reminds me of Iron Studios two 1/4 scale Thanos statues where they did the same for their Infinity Gauntlets. But as silly as it sounds it does have its own benefit where it’s not that hard to find a work around replacement if the torchlight ends up dying as mine actually did. I just went on eBay and searched for tiny torchlights and fixed.

@Phoenixblazes I loved the MCU up to Endgame but HT used to be a more diverse and interesting company. It's less hate for MCU and SW and more missing what was lost.

In relation to DC pieces only, what would you say is missing?

I can only think of a few like Shazam and additional characters from movies like The Suicide Squad.

Back