1/6 INART (Queen Studio) - The Dark Knight - Joker Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
In relation to DC pieces only, what would you say is missing?

I can only think of a few like Shazam and additional characters from movies like The Suicide Squad.
Well, there are lots of other licenses that could use a revisit or even get picked up; in terms of DC there are a couple of issues that immediately spring to mind: some lines were never completed (Batman Returns) but still others weren't treated properly -- JL Superman was lazy re-use, Shazam never happened, Gadot's likeness has been all over the place ... the bigger problem is a combination of changing demographics (my guess is the cult classics simply don't sell) and most of their capacity seemingly bent in service of Disney licenses.

I don’t really visit this forum all too much anymore but from reading this thread I wasn’t aware of the negativity for the Marvel and Star Wars figures that Hot Toys keeps on producing. But then I’m bigger Marvel fanboy so I don’t mind them producing so much from the MCU. And I would like for Queen (licensing permitting) to produce some of the more central MCU characters.

I know it’s not exactly on topic but heck I would love for a licensed Iron Man which was powered from a central location etc.
No offense, but with the amount of mcu and Star Wars figures out there, it’s time that those two properties take a back seat, or at least stay within hot toys cause they feed you so goddamn well.

Well, there are lots of other licenses that could use a revisit or even get picked up; in terms of DC there are a couple of issues that immediately spring to mind: some lines were never completed (Batman Returns) but still others weren't treated properly -- JL Superman was lazy re-use, Shazam never happened, Gadot's likeness has been all over the place ... the bigger problem is a combination of changing demographics (my guess is the cult classics simply don't sell) and most of their capacity seemingly bent in service of Disney licenses.

So it appears that Hot Toys only really concentrates on figures from this century. I honestly don’t have a problem with that. But not completing lines is pretty endemic of most manufacturers unfortunately. I would assume that Hot Toys produces either things that sell; are requested by the license holder or personal favourites of the owner.

Queen have been pretty open. They'd love to do Marvel and Star Wars stuff but for now licensing makes that very difficult. Make no mistake, if they can ever get those licences they will in a heartbeat.

Many expecting them to make figures from obscure, cult 80s movies will be disappointed I fear. So far they seem committed to going further with the Nolan verse, The Batman and have expressed an interest in Snyderverse stuff.

Having seen the popularity of Batman 89 and 92 characters in their poll we may get those at some point. Terminator seems to have really strong support to. They said that was possible in one of the live streams?

Bottom line, they'll make the figures that will sell the best and make them the most money. Exactly like Hot Toys. Just lucky for us, for now at least, they aren't able to get those big Disney properties.

No offense, but with the amount of mcu and Star Wars figures out there, it’s time that those two properties take a back seat, or at least stay within hot toys cause they feed you so goddamn well.

Well some could do with an upgrade. I’ve never particularly liked the overall likenesses of a few of the MCU mainstays.

Last edited:
Queen have been pretty open. They'd love to do Marvel and Star Wars stuff but for now licensing makes that very difficult. Make no mistake, if they can ever get those licences they will in a heartbeat.

Many expecting them to make figures from obscure, cult 80s movies will be disappointed I fear. So far they seem committed to going further with the Nolan verse, The Batman and have expressed an interest in Snyderverse stuff.

Having seen the popularity of Batman 89 and 92 characters in their poll we may get those at some point. Terminator seems to have really strong support to. They said that was possible in one of the live streams?

Bottom line, they'll make the figures that will sell the best and make them the most money. Exactly like Hot Toys. Just lucky for us, for now at least, they aren't able to get those big Disney properties.

I think the bulk of the problem is that many don’t truly understand that as big as the Western market is, Queen Studios will probably try to concentrate on pieces that will sell in the South East Asian marketplace.

Though honestly I’m not sure how well the rest of the characters that they have teased will do. The Matrix figure may be DOA the moment it hits the market if it’s based off of the newest movie.

So it appears that Hot Toys only really concentrates on figures from this century. I honestly don’t have a problem with that. But not completing lines is pretty endemic of most manufacturers unfortunately. I would assume that Hot Toys produces either things that sell; are requested by the license holder or personal favourites of the owner.
There is a segment of the collector base that doesn't share your position; arguably it was that segment that helped get HT to where they were but times change, sure.

This topic has been beaten to death across multiple threads so I'm not going to re-hash it all; but what's not in contention is that Hot Toys has poor (as in non-existent) communication with their customer base, no longer pushes the envelope in what can be done in this scale, and is not as exciting as they once were to a great many people.

Even MCU fans, of which I am one -- can only buy so many of the same characters over and over.

There is a segment of the collector base that doesn't share your position; arguably it was that segment that helped get HT to where they were but times change, sure.

This topic has been beaten to death across multiple threads so I'm not going to re-hash it all; but what's not in contention is that Hot Toys has poor (as in non-existent) communication with their customer base, no longer pushes the envelope in what can be done in this scale, and is not as exciting as they once were to a great many people.

Even MCU fans, of which I am one -- can only buy so many of the same characters over and over.

I’ve been collecting for maybe 8 plus years, but did Hot Toys ever have good communication?

And as far as I’m concerned not many manufacturers do. Even now the only ones I know of in the statue game anyway who do are the newer companies like Queen and JND, but when you get right down to it, it’s just a form of promotion that’s likely to wane once their respective companies get big enough that they don’t care about maintaining such relationships anymore.

There's no way I'd drop $600-$1,000 on The Riddler... BUT I would get the "Standard" price version from Queen over the version HT is likely to make -- just to support Queen.

If HT reveals The Riddler in the next month or so, Queen will have 1.5 years minimum to produce their own version so I can decide then.

So the Rooted Deluxe is gone on OSK. Congrats to those who got that set, I for sure know queen will deliver an amazing product. I can't wait to see the other figures I for sure will be getting Gandalf and Legolas with rooted hair. Hope to see Aragorn soon after. Did anyone see the pools for 80s and 90s films on their FB page? I went crazy and started voting for everything I hope to see. Lmao

I’ve always liked the below prototype sculpt, even though it was for their 1/4 scale ‘comic’ rather than movie based piece.
That's a nice prototype hs with sculpted hair and it's very accurate to GG. QS could offer a couple of different expressions. Wonder if a seamless fully articulated body will be used? I've seen the Al Pacino figure that kojun made that have finger articulation which is the next level. I read a comment somewhere that QS might do the bvs trinity but I would really like them do a WW from the movie with the black cape.

I’ve always liked the below prototype sculpt, even though it was for their 1/4 scale ‘comic’ rather than movie based piece.
That's a nice prototype hs with sculpted hair and it's very accurate to GG. My opinion, the hair needs a bit more realism. QS could offer a couple of different expressions. Wonder if a seamless fully articulated body will be used? I've seen the Al Pacino figure that kojun made that have finger articulation which is the next. I read a comment somewhere that QS might do the bvs trinity but I would really like them do a WW from the movie with the black cape.

Thanks Dave, I had no idea about that, but now that you put that out there it totally makes sense.

Their email templates are identical. Honestly it wasn’t hard to figure out after that thing with Sideshow, so it kind of made sense when you could see that the unlicensed pieces got partitioned out from TW.

That's a nice prototype hs with sculpted hair and it's very accurate to GG. QS could offer a couple of different expressions. Wonder if a seamless fully articulated body will be used? I've seen the Al Pacino figure that kojun made that have finger articulation which is the next level. I read a comment somewhere that QS might do the bvs trinity but I would really like them do a WW from the movie with the black cape.

That black cape kind of scares me.

I was stupid enough to leave the HT WW black cape in a box with the spare hands, and when I came back to it at a later date all the hands had been badly stained black.

Back