1/6 Hot Toys - WW1984 - Wonder Woman (Golden Armor) Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: 1/6 Hot Toys - WW 1984 - Wonder Woman (Golden Armor) Collectible Figure

It is WAY too chromed out. Just looks like a cheap chrome job instead of a nice gold metal material.

Needs to be more rough like this:

brass%20matte.jpg

Prime 1 & Queens got the right look for the armor material. Hot Toys just chromed the whole thing.

Same sculpt as JL version. Which is a big let down. Still no Gadot.

Same sculpt as JL version. Which is a big let down. Still no Gadot.

I would hope it's just a placeholder for a rushed prototype.

Wonder if Hot Toys will release variants of the same WW84 gold/eagle suit figure like Batman Armor from BVS - movie accurate version and the shiny black one.

It is WAY too chromed out. Just looks like a cheap chrome job instead of a nice gold metal material.

They did the same with the QS002 T-800 Endoskeleton only with silver in that case. Excessively bright and reflective.

I wonder if the wings have any articulation.
Good decision on rooted hair! Can't go wrong on helmeted head
View attachment 481027

I think that would be asking a lot. IMO a better option would be two sets of wings - one collapsed, the other fully spread.

Definitely getting this, but I?m afraid it will be almost a Statue. If you pose it, I can see it creasing like Arkham knight Batman or Captain marvel. I am getting the queen studios 1/2 scale since they are the only company that can get gal gadot likeness right.

They could?ve at least used the Training Armor headsculpt.

1/6 Hot Toys - WW 1984 - Wonder Woman (Golden Armor) Collectible Figure

Needs to be more rough like this:

brass%20matte.jpg

Prime 1 & Queens got the right look for the armor material. Hot Toys just chromed the whole thing.

Maybe it depends on the lighting?

In the trailer/movie stills, the armor appears more matte but in some of the movie posters and promotional photos, it is closer to the bright chrome look.

Perhaps the look is somewhere in between? I do agree it?s a bit too yellow (not gold enough) and somewhat cheap/plastic looking.

Yes the color looks different depending on the light :

EQg6MTrW4AA6Ja0

85203816_10162890187105468_8004013306643742720_o.jpg

The most annoying issue is the sculpt reuse. Was hoping HT would try to improve here instead of using a sculpt 4 times.

Last edited:

Chances of me ever getting this: -0%.

It?s cool, but let?s be honest, that gold shimmer will peel and look horrendous in a few years. This is a very short term figure for what will no doubt be a high price tag.

She looks like she is under mind control....and that's exactly what Maxwell Lord does.

Well, I was never a fan of the golden armor, so I don?t really care, but it does look a bit cheap.
And there?s no excuse for not doing a new sculpt.

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk

Knew this design reminded me of something...

4e7c9c85fc95f18b9958599e5b01e967.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

It's good looking, sad that they reused the same head sculpt for the figure. It's Malibu Stacy all over again!

The thing that would cause some concern are fingerprinting and the effects that might have on the finish long term. Ditto for any dust, once it gets set on that armor it'll be a bear to get off.

I'm guessing what you'll get is what you see, no accessories and a premium price tag of at least $300 - I'm thinking around $320 USD

I wouldn't buy this at $150.00, lame old sculpt and cheap looking gold plastic. Nice new head sculpt and I'd PO day one.

Back