1/6 Hot Toys - VGM18 - Batman: Arkham City: Batman Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: 1/6 Hot Toys - VGM18 - Batman: Arkham City: Batman Collectible Figure (Specs + Pi

I wouldn't go that far. I think, for the most part, he looks pretty great. They nailed the sculpt, and the materials look great. I think the thighs, briefs, and hands are relatively minor things.

What you think of the abs/love handles parts?

Not trying to influence anyone with my comments as I'm just calling it out as the way I see it. :duff

That said, if you think it looks great, then by all means to for it. It's your money and your collection and at the end of the day you should enjoy them. That being said, I personally will wait till a better looking version is out, be it a v2 or v3.

Back during the early days of collecting HT, if you missed out a figure, the I stock price would be almost 50% or even double the price of the PO. And it'd take them a while to release the same figure with different versions again. But the whole game has changed, now it's better to wait than to jump and buy figures impulsively. Just look at how many TDK batmans, Cap, Black Widows, Iron Mans, Tony Starks out there? Price is still on retail or a bit below retail and available almost everywhere.

Re: 1/6 Hot Toys - VGM18 - Batman: Arkham City: Batman Collectible Figure (Specs + Pi

I think Raymond Ferraro mentioned that even the Tony Mei 66 suit also snags like HT's.

Just have to be careful when handling these delicate expensive figure. :lol
Not in my experience. I handled the Tony suit plenty, and it's got no issues so far. The HT one was just pathetic.

Anyone think we will see Joker by the end of the year? You would think Hot Toys would want to release Joker right alongside Batman like they did with the DX01/02 and Dx08/09.... I know thats a diff series but still.. It's still Batman regardless...

With the way the figures are being done, I might pick up the joker for now, since he's a pretty basic 'suit' figure that HT have handled perfectly over the few years.

Maybe if they do a v2 or v3 batman with suit like MoS, then i'll pick that up.

Not in my experience. I handled the Tony suit plenty, and it's got no issues so far. The HT one was just pathetic.

That's interesting. I still haven't open up mine yet, but this character doesn't warrant me to be spending like what $100-150 additional for another custom suit.

Its gonna be a nightmare down the road but i Will probably get le one of those body

What you think of the abs/love handles parts?

Not trying to influence anyone with my comments as I'm just calling it out as the way I see it. :duff

That said, if you think it looks great, then by all means to for it. It's your money and your collection and at the end of the day you should enjoy them. That being said, I personally will wait till a better looking version is out, be it a v2 or v3.

Back during the early days of collecting HT, if you missed out a figure, the I stock price would be almost 50% or even double the price of the PO. And it'd take them a while to release the same figure with different versions again. But the whole game has changed, now it's better to wait than to jump and buy figures impulsively. Just look at how many TDK batmans, Cap, Black Widows, Iron Mans, Tony Starks out there? Price is still on retail or a bit below retail and available almost everywhere.

I honestly didn't notice the love handles, at first. I noticed the curvature where the belt is, but I chalked them up to being part of his hips. They almost remind me of the issue with the EB Begins Batman. So, to me, maybe they'd be fine if the belt was a little less tight.

As for a V2 or V3, the truth is that I don't know if that's going to happen or not. I hope they milk the hell out of this line, but I'm not confident about that, in the least.

Umm no. He insinuated that were all just stupid and don't know how to display and take care of our figures properly. HT has a
bad track record with rubber bodies and figures, its fact not speculation. So no I don't think he was bullied or used as a joke.

I quoted his first post word for word. He asked a question. Two questions. He didn't insinuate anything until others insinuated he was dumb or ignorant because he was a noob or whatever.

As for hot toys having a bad record..sure. But what the cause of that record is, is in fact speculation not fact. Unless I missed where a scientific study of the rubber used under lab conditions had been completed and published.

The causes could in fact be environmental , on a brand new unopened just got it today figure. As they have to travel from the factory, and before and after travel sit in warehouses. A humid or hot shipping container or a very cold or hot plane cargo hold, or non climate controlled tractor trailer could be responsible. As could improper storage at the retailer or thru eBay dealers. The fact that it's not anywhere near universal means it's not confirmed as hot toys. If it where cheap material used every figure would have the same problem.

So hot toys may have a bad reputation, but reputation is often wrong and biased.

As for husky and bullied as you stated...you said it not me. The first post, as I copy/pasted in my last posting (in the quotes) didn't insinuate anything about anybody, it asked a couple of questions about topics raised. It was not until it was insinuated that husky was deficient in some way, maybe because he was new, that he/she lashed out. Fairly normal and predictable behavior. Again I ask, what from that first post was bad? If your friend or family member signed up for this forum and posted that question would you do anything but either politely answer the question or ignore it if u where "bored".

I honestly didn't notice the love handles, at first. I noticed the curvature where the belt is, but I chalked them up to being part of his hips. They almost remind me of the issue with the EB Begins Batman. So, to me, maybe they'd be fine if the belt was a little less tight.

I dunno... The abs on this one is barely visible, a far cry from the video game version. Even if you lower the belt to rid of the love handle and the diaper like underwear, he'll still look flabby IMO.

As for a V2 or V3, the truth is that I don't know if that's going to happen or not. I hope they milk the hell out of this line, but I'm not confident about that, in the least.

It's Batman :lol it's the same formula as Joker and ironman - wash, rinse and repeat. :lol

It's Batman :lol it's the same formula as Joker and ironman - wash, rinse and repeat. :lol
With how long they took to even bother putting out the prototype, I doubt we'll see a V2. They treat their VG line pretty poorly. Like you said, the only reason this one even got pushed out is because it's Batman. Could see them moving up to the Arkham Knight version though since that's coming out next year.

I think the abs look pretty visible. They don't seem as toned as the actual game model, but, with the vertical line down his abdomen, they're definitely there. It just looks more like a guy with abs wearing a suit.

As for the milking, like I said, I really hope you're right. I'd kill for an Arkham City Mr. Freeze.

Yeah, especially since Arkham Knight Batman looks like Iron Man.

Hot Toys love dem mech suits with futuristic robotic pieces.

Same thing that they are doing with the returns bats.

These are old licenses, so whatever fan base that are there now, will be there regardless of how long they release these.

Unlike new licenses like guardians of the galaxy where they need to prioritize those to get the new hyped up fans as well who's buying and POing at the heat of the moment.

These will prolly be like their Resident evil line, they'll release one or two of them every now and then when they've got empty slots from their production line. But their main line will prolly be Avengers AoU, Batman vs superman these 2-3 years.

Who ate all the pies? This guy, that's who. This reminds me of those fake, weekend warrior wannabe Batmen from TDK.

ateallthepies.jpg

I guess if he's fat on release, I'd just pose him with his cape stun. Lol
I wish for the day HT starts concentrating on VGM licenses and put out iconic characters like

Kratos
Gordon Freeman
Master Chief
Cloud & Sephiroth
Assassins Creed mains
MGS Series
Silent Hill stuff
Agent 47

Orgasmic.

I guess if he's fat on release, I'd just pose him with his cape stun. Lol
I wish for the day HT starts concentrating on VGM licenses and put out iconic characters like

Kratos
Gordon Freeman
Master Chief
Cloud & Sephiroth
Assassins Creed mains
MGS Series
Silent Hill stuff
Agent 47

Orgasmic.

I'd be down for Agent 47 and Gordon Freeman. :pray:

I think the abs look pretty visible. They don't seem as toned as the actual game model, but, with the vertical line down his abdomen, they're definitely there. It just looks more like a guy with abs wearing a suit.

Au contraire.

It looks like a fat guy wearing a thick rubber suit with fake, sculpted abs on the suit.

The video game version looks like a roided out guy wearing a compressed suit, like those nike compressed t shirt:

JjhMC.jpg

1432248.png

Last edited:
Back