1/6 Hot Toys - VGM18 - Batman: Arkham City: Batman Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: 1/6 Hot Toys - VGM18 - Batman: Arkham City: Batman Collectible Figure (Specs + Pi

Yep a dynamic stand should've been included and cant wait to set him in flight pose. I'm always amused when get early pic's of proto and watch all the freaking out over bad pic or crappy posing making figure look bad then right people pose n take good pic then all good again...:lol

Re: 1/6 Hot Toys - VGM18 - Batman: Arkham City: Batman Collectible Figure (Specs + Pi

Pretty much sums up 90% of the collectors who frequent the forums and stuff. Funny **** hahahhaa

Mine is more like "ordered. love it." Waits 5 months. "Broke. Cancelled."

I mean, there's no NRD, and SSC proved that even after their return window, they will take care of you. I LOVED this game, it was the perfect Batman simulator I always wanted to play.

If the rubber ends up being a problem like the ED 209, then back it goes.

Must suck for international customers to take such a gamble though. If I was in your position, then I'd definitely wait for in-hand reports after a month if having this.

I mean, there's no NRD, and SSC proved that even after their return window, they will take care of you. I LOVED this game, it was the perfect Batman simulator I always wanted to play.

Must suck for international customers to take such a gamble though. If I was in your position, then I'd definitely wait for in-hand reports after a month if having this.

Yea for us in the US it's worth the gamble. SS will take it back if there are any issues. Just don't use reward points on this because there's no getting those back. :slap

Mine is more like "ordered. love it." Waits 5 months. "Broke. Cancelled."
I usually get my stuff from a friend who gives me a pretty awesome special price. But ****, it does pain me a little to skip stuff. PO and cancelling, pretty douchey of me to do that. So I usually try my best to keep my word. Who needs food anyways. Lol

Well, depends on where we get them from? Some only offer 1-1 exchange which is ridiculous if the same thing happens again. Then what? Lol

Exactly. BBTS and SSC would take care of you for sure.

I usually get my stuff from a friend who gives me a pretty awesome special price. But ****, it does pain me a little to skip stuff. PO and cancelling, pretty douchey of me to do that. So I usually try my best to keep my word. Who needs food anyways. Lol

Well, depends on where we get them from? Some only offer 1-1 exchange which is ridiculous if the same thing happens again. Then what? Lol

I don't really see it as douchey, when it comes to SSC. If I get it, awesome. If I don't, I just made a waitlister very happy.

I don't really see it as douchey, when it comes to SSC. If I get it, awesome. If I don't, I just made a waitlister very happy.
Yeah, for major retailers and distributors it would be perfectly normal. But the ones here aren't as awesome as SS. I'd like to have points and stuff. But the more I think about it, these points really evens out when I buy my stuff from my friend for the price he gives me.
EX is also something I love about SS. Same price, just get on the wagon uber early. Simple.

Oh and flex pay. Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck.

I want that.

Ah, I gotcha. Yeah, I suppose being in the US is something of a luxury, as I've heard SSC can be pretty ungodly when we're talking about international stuff. I think it would be kind of cool to be in Hong Kong, though. That just seems awesome, to me; having a line of people like it's launch day for a movie or video game or something.

Do you live in a tropical climate?

Air conditioning or no air?

Lots of different factors at play to attribute to this.

Just normal room temp. There's air, or I won't be able to go inside that room to enjoy my collection, but I never open window, as I donT want dust all over my collection.

Yep, HT had a bad reputation with some rubber materials (looking at DX02).
But they are getting better, IMO.. Batman 89's rubber suit is still looking good (after 2 years).. No signs of crack etc.

Well, even if this Arkham suit cracks, we can modify that to Battle Damaged suit, can't we?
In the game, the perfect condition suit maybe only on 15% of the story.
Most of the time, we play in the battle damaged suit.
:)

batman_arkham_city_63.jpg

Batman-Arkham-City2.jpg

mbo8qa.jpg

It still looks like a body compressed suit during the BD version, not flabby wet suit version.

To me, it looks like a real suit someone is wearing. The games suit isnt realistic. Maybe theyll do a statue thats better, but for now i think it looks great.

But this figure ( and I want ) is based on the video game version. It's not the HT Arkham City Batman Cosplay figure.

It should be as faithful and as close as how he appears in the video game.

I wasn't planning on buying this figure because there are just so many good batman releases, and I don't want my collection to become overwhelmed with batman figures. I can live with the risks that come with a full rubber suit but I do hope they tweak some things on this figure.

first I know this has been touched on but they should make the gauntlets as big as they were in the game, they look good as is, but they look much cooler on the game version. I don't see why they would not be able to make this happen, except for maybe the possibility of the gauntlet rubbing against the rubber suit and causing damage when the elbow is bent:confused:

Second and most importantly, I think they need to significantly decrease the size of the "bat-panties". As much as I played the games I never really took notice to the fact that they went back to the underwear go outside the pants batman. I think the figure is very very well done, but first impression those bat panties really stuck out to me. I compared the figure to the game and they are significantly smaller in the game. The figure is awesome regardless, but it is a little difficult to take batman seriously when he's wearing granny panties.

Batman Arkham Asylum-20091005-151520.jpg

10347532_728272220579097_4333468759743378354_n.jpg

Either way this figure is great, and will likely be seeing the inside of glass cabinets. The gauntlets could easily be customized, but I'm not sure what to do about the undies other than maybe lowering the belt.

Attachments

• Bat-Moon-Batman-Arkham-Asylum-Wallpapers-HD.jpg
    Bat-Moon-Batman-Arkham-Asylum-Wallpapers-HD.jpg
    159 KB · Views: 331

The HT Comedian broke down almost IMMEDIATELY out of the box. Even newer items like the ED209 that haven't been out for more than a year have already cracked like a mofo

Wow thats crazy. I'll have to really give this some thought then.

As far as the rubber issues go, the only thing I'm worried about is how much it bunches up and doesn't stay true to the form of the figure. I'm not worried about deterioration, as my Dark Knight, Dark Knight Rises, Toy Fair Begins and Demon Batman don't have any rubber problems. I've been lucky, but there is a bit of exaggeration on these boards in some cases.

For every real complaint, there's at least one guy obsessing over non-issues. True, there have been rubber problems and plenty of legitimate returns, but the number of people who freak out and return figures for blemishes only detected by a team of scientists with high-powered microscopes really plays havoc with the stats.

I don't get why everyone is so quick to point out how long someone has been a member and the number of posts. Like that makes any difference to the amount of knowledge a person has or their ability to intelligently use that knowledge.

I see that there are some documented cases of rubber deteriation. However, someone askings for info about those claims is not doing anything wrong. And to call him/her names and quip about how dull it is is completely missing the point of these threads.

I also had questions about the rubber issue. I have a rubber suit batman, that's plenty old. And it has zero rubber fatigue. I see hundreds of other hot toys figures with rubber suits that have no issues. On ebay and here and a dozen other sites. So it's obviously not a universal issue. Nor is it as widespread as is often intimated. Not when there are hundreds without issues. So it's a fair question to ask why. What makes the difference.

Huskie went about it the wrong way and insinuated that any problems that did occur was the fault of the owner. He/she was wrong. Nuff said.

I want this- don't play video games but it's HT and it's a Batman....and it looks very very cool

It still looks like a body compressed suit during the BD version, not flabby wet suit version.

But this figure ( and I want ) is based on the video game version. It's not the HT Arkham City Batman Cosplay figure.

It should be as faithful and as close as how he appears in the video game.
In this case you can't have your cake and eat it too. You're comparing a computer in-game model to an actual figure representation of it. The gauntlets are a perfect example of this. Had they made it as high as the elbow, the elbows would have zero articulation.
In the game, his gauntlets clip through his arms, allowing his various animations. The same goes for the suit. If the suit was vacuumed sealed around the body, it would be a statue standing straight up. Hot Toys did what they always do which is change a few things to allow for articulation since this is a figure centered around that idea.
I'm all up for them trying to get it as accurate as possible but in this case I'd say they did a great job at it overall. Outside of making the body more in line with the game model and making the gauntlets slightly bigger, I don't think they'll change the suit. They choose it for a reason.

I don't get why everyone is so quick to point out how long someone has been a member and the number of posts. Like that makes any difference to the amount of knowledge a person has or their ability to intelligently use that knowledge.

I see that there are some documented cases of rubber deteriation. However, someone askings for info about those claims is not doing anything wrong. And to call him/her names and quip about how dull it is is completely missing the point of these threads.

I also had questions about the rubber issue. I have a rubber suit batman, that's plenty old. And it has zero rubber fatigue. I see hundreds of other hot toys figures with rubber suits that have no issues. On ebay and here and a dozen other sites. So it's obviously not a universal issue. Nor is it as widespread as is often intimated. Not when there are hundreds without issues. So it's a fair question to ask why. What makes the difference.

To wander into a forum where members have been talking about this issue over a number of years; and to shrilly demand the evidence that is clearly available to anyone inclined to do their own digging on the subject in the existing threads; and to pretend to be some sort of lone authority in a community of 'ignorant collectors'... that's why post count and time on the forum matters in this case, and that's why Huskie was called out on it.

I have figures with rubber components that have shown zero sign of deterioration also. But I'm not about to turn around to the vets on this board and tell them that their defective or perishing figures only have a problem because they're not looking after them properly. Or that, since mine is fine and a thousand others are fine, that there is no issue and no reason to be concerned about Hot Toys' materials selection and technology.

Huskie wasn't just asking for information. Like DiFabio said, he went about it the wrong way.

Back