1/6 Hot Toys - VGM18 - Batman: Arkham City: Batman Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: 1/6 Hot Toys - VGM18 - Batman: Arkham City: Batman Collectible Figure (Specs + Pi

Looking at some of the screenshots on recent pages, there really does seem to be a disparity between the look of the video game character and the prototype, in that it should be a lot more muscular.

Hot Toys even came up with a new muscular body for this figure, but it seems lost under all of the material that is the suit. Couldn't they have done something similar to the MOS suit?

Re: 1/6 Hot Toys - VGM18 - Batman: Arkham City: Batman Collectible Figure (Specs + Pi

Yeah they need to make those undies way smaller and tweak the suit a little.

Did Huskie leave? I dunno, maybe he was just trollin.'

Reminds me of a recent member who rocked up and told everybody that their detolf displays were crap :lol

He makes a lot of money too, apparently.

Reminds me of a recent member who rocked up and told everybody that their detolf displays were crap :lol

Oh my jesus I remember that guy. If were talking about the same guy he used to make so many threads like every day, and they were always irrelevant topics or related to some off the wall ridiculous project. He was actually pretty legit in the collecting department though (Had good ideas, just didn't know how to package them).

In this case you can't have your cake and eat it too. You're comparing a computer in-game model to an actual figure representation of it. The gauntlets are a perfect example of this. Had they made it as high as the elbow, the elbows would have zero articulation.
In the game, his gauntlets clip through his arms, allowing his various animations. The same goes for the suit. If the suit was vacuumed sealed around the body, it would be a statue standing straight up. Hot Toys did what they always do which is change a few things to allow for articulation since this is a figure centered around that idea.
I'm all up for them trying to get it as accurate as possible but in this case I'd say they did a great job at it overall. Outside of making the body more in line with the game model and making the gauntlets slightly bigger, I don't think they'll change the suit. They choose it for a reason.

I don't really see the problem with the gauntlets.

They coulda use a bigger body with the MoS suit, it will be body compressing yet allows natural movement and possibility.

To wander into a forum where members have been talking about this issue over a number of years; and to shrilly demand the evidence that is clearly available to anyone inclined to do their own digging on the subject in the existing threads; and to pretend to be some sort of lone authority in a community of 'ignorant collectors'... that's why post count and time on the forum matters in this case, and that's why Huskie was called out on it.

I have figures with rubber components that have shown zero sign of deterioration also. But I'm not about to turn around to the vets on this board and tell them that their defective or perishing figures only have a problem because they're not looking after them properly. Or that, since mine is fine and a thousand others are fine, that there is no issue and no reason to be concerned about Hot Toys' materials selection and technology.

Huskie wasn't just asking for information. Like DiFabio said, he went about it the wrong way.

I get it. Really. That said...

He did start by just asking a question. His first post was a question. No snarky comments or anything. And the responses provided where that he is a noob and that this was boring and that it was " established" as fact. I just out of curiosity I did a search for rubber and issues and I got pages of things. But when I clicked on the thread I then had to search again. Then I had to read thru every post to find any info. Some of these threads are 100 plus pages long. And, funny thing, after 30 minutes I finally found the first photo of a suit of rubber that had issues. And guess what was asked in the very next post? How was the figure handled...was it in sunlight...was it held in a pose..ect. So I went back to the search and tried again. Next thread...more or less the same. But it took me reading thru hundreds of posts to get that far. And I still have no answers.

So I guess my issue is...he asked a question. So what. Most people don't feel like trying to read thru ten million posts from the last ten years. And if it's ok to bring up these past issues it should also be ok to ask past question. If I'm reading about a new figure just opened for preorder within the last day or two and a bunch of folks are talking about the issues with hot toys and rubber, why is it such an issue to then ask about those issues, like how the figure was handled, where it was stored, ect. I don't see the need or reason to do anything other then answer, or not. Put yourself in his/her shoes..or if u are just to smart to ask the question, then pretend it was your child or mother or girlfriend/boyfriend....if they came on this thread and asked .

.."So are these rubber concerns about the figure legitimate? Are people just overreacting? Or are people just being absurd displaying there figures in a warm environment?"...

As husky did...would u then talk about them being a noob(which was obviously not meant in a kind way) and instead of just answering the question or to make a legit point, link to these "well documented" case, or maybe just make more comments about the poster.

The original question, and again, it's a question not a statement of fact(until people started getting on him/her for some reason, then they got a bit testie) was, are there legit concerns and if so what are they.

It seems like people are always looking for the next joke, at someone else's expense. Sometimes this forum reminds me of a little chasers pizza commercial I saw where (I think it was little Cesar's ) they just "oh he told you" found the link..
www.youtube.com/watch?v=VpvEP4Tm9DQ

I edited picture. little bigger gauntlets & smaller pant.
aaa.jpg

That looks awesome. My only suggestion is that his legs could also be a little more lean, as well.

His fists look way too small.

Yes the thigh is another issue. This is one aesthethically unpleasant looking figure.

I wouldn't go that far. I think, for the most part, he looks pretty great. They nailed the sculpt, and the materials look great. I think the thighs, briefs, and hands are relatively minor things.

I get it. Really. That said...

He did start by just asking a question. His first post was a question. No snarky comments or anything. And the responses provided where that he is a noob and that this was boring and that it was " established" as fact. I just out of curiosity I did a search for rubber and issues and I got pages of things. But when I clicked on the thread I then had to search again. Then I had to read thru every post to find any info. Some of these threads are 100 plus pages long. And, funny thing, after 30 minutes I finally found the first photo of a suit of rubber that had issues. And guess what was asked in the very next post? How was the figure handled...was it in sunlight...was it held in a pose..ect. So I went back to the search and tried again. Next thread...more or less the same. But it took me reading thru hundreds of posts to get that far. And I still have no answers.

So I guess my issue is...he asked a question. So what. Most people don't feel like trying to read thru ten million posts from the last ten years. And if it's ok to bring up these past issues it should also be ok to ask past question. If I'm reading about a new figure just opened for preorder within the last day or two and a bunch of folks are talking about the issues with hot toys and rubber, why is it such an issue to then ask about those issues, like how the figure was handled, where it was stored, ect. I don't see the need or reason to do anything other then answer, or not. Put yourself in his/her shoes..or if u are just to smart to ask the question, then pretend it was your child or mother or girlfriend/boyfriend....if they came on this thread and asked .

.."So are these rubber concerns about the figure legitimate? Are people just overreacting? Or are people just being absurd displaying there figures in a warm environment?"...

As husky did...would u then talk about them being a noob(which was obviously not meant in a kind way) and instead of just answering the question or to make a legit point, link to these "well documented" case, or maybe just make more comments about the poster.

The original question, and again, it's a question not a statement of fact(until people started getting on him/her for some reason, then they got a bit testie) was, are there legit concerns and if so what are they.

It seems like people are always looking for the next joke, at someone else's expense. Sometimes this forum reminds me of a little chasers pizza commercial I saw where (I think it was little Cesar's ) they just "oh he told you" found the link..
www.youtube.com/watch?v=VpvEP4Tm9DQ

Umm no. He insinuated that were all just stupid and don't know how to display and take care of our figures properly. HT has a
bad track record with rubber bodies and figures, its fact not speculation. So no I don't think he was bullied or used as a joke.

The more I looked at this and the rubber problems, I cancelled. The Sideshow Batman is leaps and bounds above this, imo.

yep! and no worries about rubber deterioration in 5 years as well, unless you want that degrading "Battle Damaged" Batman look

yep! and no worries about rubber deterioration in 5 years as well, unless you want that degrading "Battle Damaged" Batman look
Hopefully SSC won't use the same spandex that Hot Toys was using with their '66 Batman figures, which creates its own set of issues. But then, I'll probably upgrade to the inevitable Tony Mei suit with the yellow oval logo in that case anyway.

I think Raymond Ferraro mentioned that even the Tony Mei 66 suit also snags like HT's.

Just have to be careful when handling these delicate expensive figure. :lol

Anyone think we will see Joker by the end of the year? You would think Hot Toys would want to release Joker right alongside Batman like they did with the DX01/02 and Dx08/09.... I know thats a diff series but still.. It's still Batman regardless...

Back