1/6 Hot Toys - VGM18 - Batman: Arkham City: Batman Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: 1/6 Hot Toys - VGM18 - Batman: Arkham City: Batman Collectible Figure (Specs + Pi

Once you cover his underpants and legs, he looks pretty nice.

Re: 1/6 Hot Toys - VGM18 - Batman: Arkham City: Batman Collectible Figure (Specs + Pi

Do you live in a tropical climate?

Air conditioning or no air?

Lots of different factors at play to attribute to this.

Boring discussion is boring.

Who cares? How does it affect you?

Do you want to take a register and list who has what figure, where they live and what angle they display it towards the sun?

Read this: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ozone_cracking

Boring discussion is boring.

Who cares? How does it affect you?

Do you want to take a register and list who has what figure, where they live and what angle they display it towards the sun?

Read this: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ozone_cracking

Thanks for proving my point. From the article

"Ozone attack will occur at the most sensitive zones in a seal, especially sharp corners where the strain is greatest when the seal is flexing in use."

If you pose your figures with there arms flexing, the strain, will cause the rubber to crack. The way you pose your figures DOES matter.

Once again, thanks for helping me prove my point :clap :lol :lol

"Ozone attack will occur at the most sensitive zones in a seal, especially sharp corners where the strain is greatest when the seal is flexing in use."

If you pose your figures with there arms flexing, the strain, will cause the rubber to crack. The way you pose your figures DOES matter.

So explain how this happens. I'm not seeing any posed arms here.

eddome002.jpg

So explain how this happens. I'm not seeing any posed arms here.

eddome002.jpg

The rubber is glued to a curved piece of plastic. That whole rubber piece is under stress due to the curve.

@huskie I've had the rubber rot on my comedian as well. Figure was just standing in a neutral position with no stress on the joints, or the rubber suit. My display cabinet is kept away from sunlight, and it has a dehumidifier installed so i highly doubt it would be the environment. I'm guessing it might be the type of rubber, or some chemical coating on the rubber. :))

anyone who is 100% confident in HT's rubber is high.

Dude, these guys aren't BSing you. It's a well-documented phenomenon - Hot Toys does not do rubber well. A figure that eventually cracks or falls apart in your hands is not the exception, it's the rule.

Refer to this link here, this guy has probably got more Hot Toys than just about anyone. It was really bad on older figures, but even newer releases are not immune. https://toyhaven.blogspot.com/2011/09/hot-toy-collecting-tip-2-what-to-do.html

Anecdotal evidence, everyone.

Yep, HT had a bad reputation with some rubber materials (looking at DX02).
But they are getting better, IMO.. Batman 89's rubber suit is still looking good (after 2 years).. No signs of crack etc.

Well, even if this Arkham suit cracks, we can modify that to Battle Damaged suit, can't we?
In the game, the perfect condition suit maybe only on 15% of the story.
Most of the time, we play in the battle damaged suit.
:)

batman_arkham_city_63.jpg

Batman-Arkham-City2.jpg

mbo8qa.jpg

For me this isn't perfect

The gauntlets are really too small imo, and are making his arms look oddly proportioned. And because this is a rubber figure, the chances of me keeping it in anything other than an arms down by his side pose are slim. And due to the arms looking odd the arms by his side pose looks odd to me.

You can really tell on the arms that this suit is rubber, the biceps look elongated and just poor in general really, the also look pretty horrible when bent at the elbow.

He could also benefit from a slimmer waist and some more rounded, bigger shoulders.

Other than that it is all spot on for me. I'm really happy with the colours they chose. Blue for his cape and cowl and black for the symbol, gauntlets, boots and underpants. Spot on. And the headsculpt and faceplates are amazing. They have really captured those piercing eyes of his.

I think a small panty and thinner thighs will look better.

Do you live in a tropical climate?

Air conditioning or no air?

Lots of different factors at play to attribute to this.

Hydrous took care of his in the best conditions, thing is, it happened to everyones.

Last edited:

I just wanted to say I appreciate my freaks community in helping with REAL feedback on some of these high end collectibles. This really helps in consumer confidence in purchasing. As a newbie thank you guys for all the information regarding concerns and alerts on this product. With all that said, I'm keeping my preorder, it just works for me, I can only do my best to keep my collectibles in the best shape I can.

I just wanted to say I appreciate my freaks community in helping with REAL feedback on some of these high end collectibles. This really helps in consumer confidence in purchasing. As a newbie thank you guys for all the information regarding concerns and alerts on this product. With all that said, I'm keeping my preorder, it just works for me, I can only do my best to keep my collectibles in the best shape I can.
Join multiple groups and forums. I usually go on OSR in FB for updates. Of course, some don't have the luxury to buy tons of these figures and have them breaking in such a short time, so the rubber concern is hella legit. Especially with HT's track record with it. It concerns me too, but I'll cherish the time I have with it before it breaks down.

You do know that VGM stands for VideoGame Masterpiece, right? Just like MMS stands for Movie Masterpiece Series? The fact this one figure is part of that series is no guarantee there will be other figures from this game.

Ummm they are making Joker at the very least... Anything is possible....

I wasn't aware of all these issue with the rubber cracking that is a bit concerning with the price of these items. Had never purchased a hot toys item till just recently with the Batman Armoury. I am really thinking about getting this piece as well. Like BG said I appreciate all the veteran collectors sharing info and their opinions on the matter.

One question if any one knows. Is the cracking rubber issue something that happens quick say first 3-5 years or more long term like 10 years? I could proably deal with getting a solid 10 years out of something at this price but to have it break down after 3 or so would really suck.

Thanks guys

Back