1/6 Hot Toys - TMS074 - Hawkeye - Kate Bishop Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Seems like it takes Hot Toys 2 or 3 (or more) tries to get it close to right. A bit unrealistic to expect an established 1/6 scale company to actually get the likeness right the first time out *cough* Inart *cough*

So, not shocking that this is off-base from the actress. I would hold off until the 3.0 version if I cared about this character and wanted the toy on my shelf.

The sculpt looks like a cross between Steinfeld, Milla Jovovich and Natalie Dormer. Given all the great sculpts of late, this one just looks subpar in comparison.

Not a huge difference from the proto honestly, probably one of those that will look better in person. I wanted the pair so I have the IS statues on order instead

Did the Hawkeye figure not happen because of Renner’s accident, ie. waay too busy for approvals? Now that he’s on the mend they might circle back to it. I would be more inclined to pick this up if they do the pair. Minority here but I think this looks great.

To be honest all of the Hawkeyes figures have issues with likeness or body proportions🤷 . I think endgame hawkeye is a good figure, but not perfect.

Is anyone else legitimately thinking they’re going to cancel their over the sculpt? I’m leaning yes myself.

Last edited:
A little better.

Attachments

• IMG_1815.png
    IMG_1815.png
    9.3 MB · Views: 0
  • Facetune_06-09-2023-00-11-49.jpeg
    Facetune_06-09-2023-00-11-49.jpeg
    430.8 KB · Views: 0
To be honest all of the Hawkeyes figures have issues with likeness or body proportions🤷 . I think endgame hawkeye is a good figure, but not perfect.
Waaaaaaaaaaaaah?
IMG_2170.jpeg

Is anyone else legitimately thinking they’re going to cancel the sculpt? I’m leaning yes myself.
What do you mean? HT will cancel the sculpt? It’s a bit late for that isn’t it?

What do you mean? HT will cancel the sculpt? It’s a bit late for that isn’t it?
Sorry, I meant does anyone think they might cancel over the sculpt. Forgot an important word there, lol. I know Hot Toys isn't doing anything about it. I'm wondering if anyone else is considering cancelling their order. I was genuinely looking forward to Kate, so not sure if I'm overreacting. Just not happy looking at it in those photos.

If I had this on order, I'd probably eat the deposit and cancel. It doesn't look like Hailee Steinfeld at all. None of the images or angles I've seen work. The bangs framing the head look terrible too.

Thankfully due to several factors at the time, this is one I didn't order. I would have liked having this character on the shelf had they done her justice, though.

Back