1/6 Hot Toys - TMS003 - MARVEL: Daredevil - Daredevil Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got my DD some time ago but since I have been away from the forums for a while, I didn't have the chance to post a pic yet. :) I really like this figure and tbh I don't think he needs the mod. I don't see much of a difference so mine is gonna stay as is.

Hopefully we'll get an unmasked head one day! :D

I feel the same way... I've seen the comparison photos between stock and modded and the differences are hardly noticeable to me and not worth potentially ruining the value of the figure. I like it a lot just the way it is, but a Murdock sculpt would have made it so much better indeed.

... all those things where made with practical materials with the exception being his mask.
Everything from his jacket, pants, down to his boots are everyday materials.
You don't know that, I don't know that. Why? Because it never explained in the series.
Melvin does what he does, says something to ground his work in reality a bit and that's it.
The only specific answer was in S2 when he said that new helmet is made of carbon nanotube composites, which isn't your "everyday material" (as someone with engineering degree in materials science, I should know).

Concept artist who designed these suits said that he drew inspiration from military kevlar armor. His original art looked cool and kinda practical but the actual TV costume is a far cry, just like with his "The Avengers" Cap.

So yeah, there's pretty much nothing "practical" about it.

Also, the concept art for some of the other suits aren’t any less realistic or pracitcal than the suit we actually ended up getting on the show. I do get the feeling we might actually see a new suit this upcoming season because they’ve said it’s an adaptation of frank miller’s born again. In that book (which if you love daredevil and haven’t read - GET ON IT) without spoiling* something specifically happens which leads to Melvin making a new daredevil suit...

I love the show and would love a 1/6 Netflix Daredevil but I just can't justify dropping that much money on a figure with that many problems. His build isn't muscular enough, his head looks too big, the cut of the jacket looks too high (regardless of how it actually is on the show), the boots don't look right, not enough flexibility due to the suit (I mean come on, he's Daredevil!) and he's not dark enough. I realize the lighting on the show is really dark, but I would have preferred a darker red to try to simulate that dark lighting, even when the figure is well lit. A grinning face should have been included too.

I love the show and would love a 1/6 Netflix Daredevil but I just can't justify dropping that much money on a figure with that many problems. His build isn't muscular enough, his head looks too big, the cut of the jacket looks too high (regardless of how it actually is on the show), the boots don't look right, not enough flexibility due to the suit (I mean come on, he's Daredevil!) and he's not dark enough. I realize the lighting on the show is really dark, but I would have preferred a darker red to try to simulate that dark lighting, even when the figure is well lit. A grinning face should have been included too.

I wholeheartedly agree. I am hoping Netflix created a new costume for S3 that is more comic-accurate (with a DD logo on his chest) and one that HT would be inclined to produce a V2. So far, I haven’t seen any teaser images of such a costume online. We will see...

Awesome figure.

dd2.jpg
dd1.jpg

Finally got around to unpacking this guy. Like most, I don’t love the body but I feel like I was able to combat the issues a little by having him injured and barely holding on. He spends a lot of the show that way anyway.
936ea59e1c41c2fc1cad9f88c017cdc0.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks, both Punisher and Daredevil have a lot more shelf presence than I anticipated.

I really want this and Punisher, but they both just look so done to the least of Hot Toys abilities. The suit on Daredevil just looks flabby and nothing like the Daredevil suit, especially with such a glossy helmet... but I guess they'll never release other versions of these also. And Punisher looks awful with visible joints, skinny arms... So conflicted!

So guys, need some help/advice. Kind of a long story, but I just wanna provide context so bear with me.

I ordered Daredevil from a very reputable seller on eBay. I went to his brick and mortar store to pick it up because I was home for the holidays so it was convenient (plus I didn't want to pay the $19.99 shipping). Unfortunately the Daredevil I picked up was defective right out of the box and I asked for a replacement.

So because I am now back home (in a different state) I mail the defective one back to him and he ships out the replacement. When I ask for the tracking number he never provides it and instead just tells me that it will arrive either Thursday or Friday.

Thursday goes by and there is no package, so I decide to wait until Friday (today). Normally I receive my packages in mid-afternoon and I was home all day, but nothing ever arrived. I wait until end of day just in case the package shows up last minute, but still nothing. So I contact him and ask for the tracking number again. This time he finally provides it and according to the tracking history it was apparently delivered during the mid-afternoon.

Now we have a classic "delivered, but never received" scenario and I can only foresee this being a huge headache, but part of me can't help but think that the seller is partially responsible for this situation. If he had provided the tracking like I had originally asked then I would have noticed immediately that it was never actually delivered to me and I would have had the opportunity to try and flag the mailman while he was still in my building or on my block, but because I found out 5 hours after the fact, there was nothing I could do at that point since the post office was already closed.

Anyways, now I think I'm going to have to open an eBay dispute or something, but before I do so does anyone here have any advice? I intend on going to the post office in the morning and investigating but I really don't think they will be helpful at all. For anyone who has been through this situation any insight would be helpful!

Thanks for reading. Rant over! :gah:

Back