1/6 Hot Toys - TMS003 - MARVEL: Daredevil - Daredevil Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
LOVE THIS!!!!
I was thinking about doing this once I got these 2 in hand.
Thanks zech! :hi5: Trust me when I say it was a lot more difficult than I though. there was a ton of cutting and dremeling involved. I'll post pics later to help

I wish they would have released an accompanying head with the season one mask. I feel like that mask/helmet fit better with the costume they were going for.

also, they should have given the season one hands as well
yea I agree. Once I saw that Punisher came with the helmet, I immediately wanted to have a go at making the S1 helmet work
this looks so bad ass. How does it look on the body?

much appreciated Big Dee :duff: I'll take pics later. It fits just like the original head, but I've upgraded the body to a modded HT Deadpool body, which I think helps with proportions. I will say that now I think the regular mouth works well with the clean S2 helmet and the angry mouth works with the cracked S1 helmet. Though I'm obviously a little biased :lol

Here's a bunch of pics as promised. Keep in mind that I added to the 5 o'clock shadow on the regular mouth pieces as well.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Have no experience with buying bodies. What would work well as a replacement?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

wow, Gipetto0812. That modded head looks so much better. I'll have both figures and want to make a head like yours. No painting etc just using the helmet on the body. maybe you can be nice and put a tutorial for us ;)?

Nicely done! Looks great. :clap

wow, Gipetto0812. That modded head looks so much better. I'll have both figures and want to make a head like yours. No painting etc just using the helmet on the body. maybe you can be nice and put a tutorial for us ;)?

That head mod is fantastic. Well done!

I really hope one day they'll make S1/S2 version.

Thanks everyone for the kind words. I really appreciate it! I really love the angry mouth with S1 cowl and the neutral mouth with the S2 cowl.

As for a tutorial, I will try to muster something together later. I am out of town all week with limited internet access. As a quick note, paint is required as the neck joint is cast in flesh tone and painted black so once you start cutting and dremeling away, the flesh tone is exposed. You can't do this mod without at least having some black paint.

Have no experience with buying bodies. What would work well as a replacement?

I modified a HT Deadpool bodyusinf the ankle sockets and inner neckjoint from the Daredevil body. Swapping bodies on this is no easy task though.

Modded mine a bit but still not entirely happy. Do wish the top would come off easier so I could properly pad him up.

Here’s what I did to him so far.. Widened the shoulders, padded the traps to create a slope and padded the calves. I then sprayed the cowl with a matte clear coat and extended the neck by pulling the plug out. Lastly I darkened the beard on both mouth plates.
a0856b39bb6fbe12b02947c1d62804a5.jpg
305c837afe89c8b3cb755109ad5c20ef.jpg
3ceef97f4ba82775c11f67d87cf5648f.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Damn that's a great deal. I was happy to find him under $200. You should be ecstatic when he arrives.:lol

Well, the catch is that I need to drive to the store to pick him up...about an hour drive, so 2 hours total, but I guess it's still worth it saving $60 off retail.

Modded mine a bit but still not entirely happy. Do wish the top would come off easier so I could properly pad him up.

Here’s what I did to him so far.. Widened the shoulders, padded the traps to create a slope and padded the calves. I then sprayed the cowl with a matte clear coat and extended the neck by pulling the plug out. Lastly I darkened the beard on both mouth plates.

:clap I love this. Fixes everything I didn't like about the figure and I guess I'll finally break down and pick it up.

What did you pad it with? I'm thinking paper or gauze would slide in well enough.
How did you get the padding in the shoulders and upper arms and get it to stay?
Can the shoulders still move with .. however you widened them?

a0856b39bb6fbe12b02947c1d62804a5.jpg
3ceef97f4ba82775c11f67d87cf5648f.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

One of the better mods I've seen so far. Looks much better proportioned than stock.

Is it easy to yank off the neck joint? Or do you have to apply a lot of pressure to pull it out?

I tried but didn't wanna it force it to pop out. Anyone know?

Back