1/6 Hot Toys - TMS003 - MARVEL: Daredevil - Daredevil Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: 1/6 Hot Toys - MMS - MARVEL: Daredevil - Daredevil & Punisher Collectible Figures

I have no doubt that hot toys will top that. Easily

Re: 1/6 Hot Toys - MMS - MARVEL: Daredevil - Daredevil & Punisher Collectible Figures

I have no doubt that hot toys will top that. Easily

I think the OSK version is already HT quality. The pics don't even do it justice. When I look at my own pics and then the actual figure in front me, the in hand presence is amazing. I think HT's attempt will still be great, but saying they'll "easily" top it is treating OSK's version as if it's just "ok". Lol.

The osk version is nice. Still not hot toys quality.

I think the OSK version is already HT quality. The pics don't even do it justice. When I look at my own pics and then the actual figure in front me, the in hand presence is amazing. I think HT's attempt will still be great, but saying they'll "easily" top it is treating OSK's version as if it's just "ok". Lol.

I think Motux was referring to that dodgy looking Rocco sculpt.

The Vimal Kerketta (OSK) is the one to beat. (And, yes, I found it impossible to photograph as well).

The OSK one doesn't look out of place amongst HT head sculpts. It betters them, in some cases. Very much looking forward to having it stand next to HT's version, which I'm sure will also be excellent, particularly if they do the bruising and longer hair seen towards the end of the season.

It's a nice head sculpt. But there's some issues with the sculpt. The jaw line isn't accurate. His features are over exaggerated as well. The shape of the nose is spot on, but not scaled correct. Same with the ears. His cheek bones are actually softer in real life. His face is elongated and the jaw line is way to sloping.

Look I hate complaining about anyone's art. As I said, it's well done. Paint is too notch. But it's not accurate on the basic facial features. It's more like a comic version of Jon as punisher. It's all nit picky stuff, but that's what separates these top quality sculpts. I would have no problem using it and be proud of it. But, i still see a hot toys version as superior.

I think Motux was referring to that dodgy looking Rocco sculpt.

The Vimal Kerketta (OSK) is the one to beat. (And, yes, I found it impossible to photograph as well).

Oh ok. Yeah the Rocco sculpt doesn't compare at all.

Also, glad I'm not the only one having difficulty really showing the detail of the sculpt and paint app on the Vimal version. It really is spectacular. My pics actually make a little angry because the detail still doesn't come completely through. Trying to find that perfect combination of lighting and camera equipment. Can't do much with a damn iPhone 6s though. Lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have both sculpts and like them, they are different but cant say they are perfect or better than the other one. Anyway, I enjoy having them one next to the other.

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk

1/6 Hot Toys - MMS - MARVEL: Daredevil - Daredevil & Punisher Collectible Figures

I've got a couple of decent photos here. To be honest I think it looks pretty much bang on, there is nothing seriously off or exaggerated.

5e9d41d96f86e70da5c4f09d72e261ff.jpg

6e07293d87690ce8ec28aef5f0c23b2b.jpg

As I said, I think it's good. It's just got room for improvement. There are only a handful of people who could do better on the planet, it just so happens half of them work for hot toys. And they have the best painter for figures on the planet (IMO) and his crew at the factory are also top notch.

The jaw line as I said is slightly off. The folds on his face are to pronounced. His nose is 15-20% to large and the top of his nose is to far out. His brow extends over the nose for the first 5% in his face but on the 1/6 it starts out past his brow and stays that way. His eyes are spot on. Only thing is his eyebrows are a wee to thick, but that's just somthing that almost everyone does. To thin and it looks silly. Little things like this. As I said, it's minor stuff overall. They did a good job.

image.jpeg

Last edited:

I've got a couple of decent photos here. To be honest I think it looks pretty much bang on, there is nothing seriously off or exaggerated.

View attachment 281130

View attachment 281131

I'm share the same sentiments as well. I'm still most likely going to get the HT Punisher as well just for the clothing and some accessories. If they hit a home run on the head sculpt too, it'll be nice to customize that as well.

I'll definitely be getting the HT version, the figure as a whole will be leagues ahead of anything I can throw together. But I think this sculpt is good enough to not look like a cheap knock off next to HT's own, even if they do produce something spectacular.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

Agreed. The outfit and body alone may be worth the cost in the end. Lol.

Might even get two, use the second for a prison version.

Yeah man. The fighting choreography in that scene was glorious. Lol.

Definitely, one of my favourite ever TV scenes I think.

I normally don't collect multiples of one character, but I'm such a fan of Bernthal I wanted two. The street clothes Frank I have displayed with Rorschach and Dredd, and the trench coat version will be in an armory set up.

I have the Rocco sculpt being painted by a great artist, but if the HT sculpt delivers I might try to sell off the paint job.

1/6 Hot Toys - MMS - MARVEL: Daredevil - Daredevil & Punisher Collectible Figures

Yeah Bernthal was such a great incarnation of the Punisher. I wish he was a tad bigger, but he completely embodied that character with exceptional acting and presence.

Nice combination with Dredd and Rorschach. That would actually make one hell of a team. Lol.

Everyone would die in epic fashion. [emoji23]

Back